Old 11-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

krampus Heh your evil face made me giggle. I don't know what was causing my bleeding, which was why I got worried. However ever since I decided to get it checked out, the problem has stopped - I'm still keeping my gyno appointment though, I've never been to one, only my GP - for some reason going to a gynecologist is not a big thing here in NZ? As for the wasting away comment - I just thought it was completely bizarre because I'm still basically obese. I'm just about to tip over into an overweight BMI. I am a short little chubster! So wasting away is not something I am doing AT ALL. Oh mandarins...I can't cope. They freak me out. They take me so long to eat, and if I'm eating one, I'm forcing myself to. I have to peel off all those little white bits and basically swallow the segments whole so as not to feel even more freaked out. I think I have a few fruit issues.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #77  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes!

Kawaii- omg what is a gingerbread latte?! It sounds heavenly. Its tough to make the effort to see people and hang out when you're feeling down, I always find anyway, but it does help! Hopefully it will go nicely tonight Dont despair on the nerds! The nicest, most intelligent, kind hearted wonderful people I know are true nerds.

NiteOwl- yes you can use sparkpeople.com, thedailyplate.com, all sorts of websites to track cals! I use spark people because you can split up what you eat when which I find helpful. There's also the about.com recipe analysis at http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php which I use for baking etc. I'm one of those crazy people that weighs out their muesli every morning but its what works for me!

KatVee- glad Im not alone! I actually love going to the supermarket and looking at all the foods and buying what I need We are so odd apparently! But I love cooking too so maybe thats part of it.

Rainbow- thanks! Its so exciting to finally move the ticker! Yeah I got really hot before I was like, man Im really hot! xD We dont even have aircon at work But we dont have crazy lights either. I cant really help when people get concerned about our weightloss. I just get really angry and snappy. Seriously. No one ever expressed their worry about my weight gain so what the frack makes them think its ok to express their concerns now? When I know how much I weigh, eat, exercise, and they dont, when they themselves have health issues sometimes including weight which I politely refrain from commenting on?? Its a pet peeve of mine. I had issues with mandarins too- the key is to chew only maybe 2 or 3 times then swallow (lol thats what she said xD)

Lol I was just watching an add for The Ab Circle Pro and they do those morphing before and after pictures. Apparently as well as being great for losing weight and toning, it gets rid of annoying freckles and moles!

Oh! And my interview was for a uni internship next year i'm keen for it because its just off the motorway, a pretty general place rather than focusing on one health problem, and its paid xD But i know im up against all my class mates so the applicants are of a high calibur. Ah well, we will see

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 11-15-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

rainbow I love mandarin oranges! I can`t imagine life without them. What fruit do you like? I`m a fruit junkie!

ghostGood luck at the interview. Your thats what she said made me laugh. We are at similar weight goals. Seeing your profile reminds me I can do it! Thanks for the inspiration!
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

krampus, i know! fukuoka got all the cool people! wtf! oh and that bleeding thing's been happening to me for the last 2 months not fun. my aunt (who's a gyno) said to continue taking your pill like normal though. ganbatte! (and what's this?! JL too?? maybe it is a dieting thing then....) btw, i have been on the pill for years, this one for maybe 7 years, and my aunt said that it was normal that when you've been on the pill for a long time, the lining of the uterus becomes thinner and that's why you have breakthrough bleeding. the kind of answers you find online (i looked believe me) are usually like the one you found, for peeps who haven't been on the pill for a long time and it's kinda light spotting. my spotting was nowhere near light (i dunno about you) and she said i would ever have to change pills (for a stronger one) or take oestrogen pills for two weeks...

elleohelle, gym is a no go (long story) plus i hate working out, and doing the 30DS is the most i've ever worked out consistently IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. plus, in the past i've always been able to lose without even doing any kind of exercise, so it blows. anyways, yeah, i know i shouldnt weigh myself so often, but i just can't help it, you know? anyways... i don't really mind losing the weight slowly either, as long a it IS coming off, but i just wanted to be 76kg before christmas because that's the goal my mom and i had given each other and now it just seems like it's never gonna happen. meh.

i think the "wasting away" comments aren't meant to be bad, but at the same time, people are freaked out by change and you losing a lot of weight is a big change and she might unconsciously not want her environment to change...

aaah, i'm sleepy now... had a morning at the elementary school and though the grade 5 kiddies are soooo cute, they are so damn exhausting!! i just wanna nap on my desk... aaah, it's not even 2pm yet... 2 more hours to go!!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

hey icon, sorry, i didn't see your post! yeah, gingerbread lattes ARE heaven in a cup!!! which is why you should always order a small size, haha... so you and rainbow are kinda upside down from the rest of us and going into spring, huh? that's kinda funny, seeing as here everything is just getting so cold and all...
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #81  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Thanks for all the support guys!

I went to all of turbo kick and did about 20 minutes of yoga before I decided my legs were too tired, and when I've been so lame about working out the past month a double one day in may not be achievable, but I tried! And I got through about a 1.5 yay!

Tomorrow is a cardio dance class prepare for me to look like an idiot!
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

kawaii I know it`s hard, but be patient with yourself. Be consistent and count your calories carefully. Eventually you will start to see a loss. It will just take time.

I will be eating salad and chicken for dinner again. I`m craving spinach curry with brown bread, but I think I ate too many carbs today already. I think I`ll eat it tomorrow.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:46 AM   #83  

Icon To be honest, I never thought about it that way - that people never expressed concern over me being overweight or gaining weight - and it's so true! I don't mind the odd compliment, or people noticing, but when it's comments that sound kind of "bad" then I kind of get annoyed. I hope your interview went well for the uni internship thingy! The ab circle pro CRACKS ME UP. I was talking to the woman who works in the store next door to mine the other day, and just told her how I was pretty tired but looking forward to my hour long Zumba class and she just started going on about how she couldn't believe anyone would exercise for that long when they could get one of those - she had literally just ordered it off TV and was sucked in by the 10 minutes a day ploy thing haha! It was so hot today seriously. At Zumba one lady had to go outside because she was that hot she couldn't keep going! I'm so with you also on the couple of chews and then swallow - and your "that's what she said" comment made me giggle also.

elleohelle I kind of only really like apples. I'll force myself to eat a mandarin...very very rarely. I like peaches that come from a can (they were put there by a man..sorry..those lyrics always come into my head!) and I don't mind a banana on the odd occasion. OH! I like pineapple too...but I can't think of any others I really like. Oh...some melon. Not watermelon, but one of the other ones. Also olives, are they a fruit? Hah!

mybigwish Congrats on the exercise! I just did my hour long Zumba class, it was HARD tonight. So sweaty!

~I'm REALLY hoping that all this sweating and water drinking will have me seeing last Friday's weight tomorrow morning. Or at least by Friday. I'd like to have a real loss though, I feel like I already made it to 72kg and want to get to 71 or 71.5 this week!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:00 AM   #84  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

elle and rainbow- glad it made you chuckle Its something some new friends of mine say, kinda their catch phrase, its really contagious. I have to try not to say it in inappropriate settings.

elle- glad to inspire you! Hopefully we will both be there soon!

kawaii- i like to think everyone else is upside down :P There is actually no reason the world map shouldnt look like this http://cultivatedpages.files.wordpre...world-map2.gif Gingerbread lattes sound amazing. I wonder if we can make some homemade ones?

rainbow- yeah it gets my goat kinda. Like, why do you think its ok to comment now? is it because im thinner than you now? Is it because you are worried? Is it actually YOUR problem? Grr. I cant believe anyone buys those ab circle pros. I mean,if they worked we would all be skinny, the obesity crisis would be over and it would be all over the news. Seriously. And seriously hot, even at this time of night! I love it I hope you have a loss this week!

Time to make lunches for tomorrow and have a rest!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #85  

Icon I hope I have a loss too, especially after I got so close to my BMI being no longer obese (according to fitday at least) haha and then had it snatched away from me by the sodium devil! I love the weather. Yay summer!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #86  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Reeeeeally hoping to see a downward motion on the scale tomorrow, but I'll be ok with it even if there's not because today was a "good" day as far as I'm concerned. Stayed under 1600 and after 30 minutes of jogging decided to do 500 jumping jacks in intervals of 100 and some sprinting. I'm not normally an intervals fan but today the jogging felt really labored and difficult so I decided to change it up. I didn't succeed in the "no candy" attempt - 265 calories budgeted for Haagen-Daazs' new chocolate flavor ice cream - but my meals were all fairly healthy so it's okay.

elleohelle spinach curry sounds good. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll add shiitakes to my 100-calorie instant curry and put it on top of lentils.

rainbowstripe I am battling to get back to last Friday/Saturday's weight too! Hoping for the best for us.

mybigwish Just think of Napoleon Dynamite and D-Kwon's Dance Grooves!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Woke up this morning and the scale ready 173.0 ...Keep on going down PLEASEEEE. I have exactally 3 pounds to lose until my Thanksgiving Goal! If I lose 1 more lb this week and 2 next I will be there!!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #88  

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in. A little bit about myself: I am 21 years old and I really want to get back to the weight that I was before I started dating my bf (so the weight that I was two years ago!). I can't blame anyone but myself, but it is hard knowing he can eat anything he wants and not gain a pound and obviously I cant! So, I am going to stop with the excuses and get my butt in gear! I belong to a gym and do afternoon and morning circuit classes and this week I started my healthy eating plan (using Jackie Warner's This is Why You are Fat book). I have already lost a couple pounds and its really motivating me, but I have been motivated before and that has lasted about a week. This is the reason I have come to 3 fat chicks, to stay motivated and join a group that shares the same goals.

I really want to look good for the trade show that I will be doing in February. I design clothing and no one will write orders if I don't feel good in my clothes! But most importantly I want to be healthy again. I had so much energy and I want that again. Gahh sorry for the long post, I just want you to understand where I am at in my life I have read some of the posts here and you ladies are very motivating and I cant wait to start this journey with you!

-Abby
Abbyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #89  
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Thank you ladies for the suggestions it will be something I will def look into.

Abbyew welcome! I wish you luck on your goals!

JL Yay! I'm sure you will make it to your thanksgiving goal!!

mybigwish Well so long as you are moving and burning those calories it shouldn't matter if you are hitting the moves right LOL at least that's what I tell myself when I am at ZUMBA
NiteOwlMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #90  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

hey, birth control girls! i just want to share my experience -

i started taking birth control (generic for ortho-tricyclen) last october when i started seriously dating my boyfriend. in february of this year, my left leg got really sore...i thought it was a pulled muscle or something because i had done some weird stretching earlier that week. it was SUPER painful in the mornings when i woke up, like so bad that i couldn't walk. i let it go on for a week like that (growing up my mom was a nurse [with no mercy!] and so i'm the farthest thing from a hypochondriac ever, i always think everything will just pass). finally i called my mom about it and she said i needed to go to the hospital immediately and get an ultrasound on my leg. i had three blood clots and had to stay overnight in the hospital. i only got out after a night because my mom came down and taught me to give myself my own anti-coagulant shots (needles used to be hands down my biggest fear, it's crazy how much you can get over when you HAVE to), so they didn't have to keep me to give me shots of lovenox (anti-coagulant). my blood wouldn't cooperate with all the drugs and i ended up having to give myself those shots for almost 2 months (you're only supposed to have to do it for about a week). and i had to be on blood thinners for 6 months.

i know none of you are even talking about that, but i just want you to be aware that those things in the side effects (even though it's like 1/1,000,000) do happen sometimes. if you get any pains in your legs or anything, don't ignore them - those clots travel to your lungs and can kill you quickly. it's nothing to mess around with
aml is offline   Reply With Quote