Old 11-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Linds Well that's ok then :P Oh awesome you were down here!

penmage Hi there! I can't believe you get your Christmas tree down on Christmas afternoon! At my parents house it's always up well into January..sometimes February!

Kawaii Glad the headache is mostly gone! I have a question, you or krampus or both of you may or may not be able to help me - Christmas isn't a big thing in Japan but is it celebrated at all? Or is it seen as offensive in some way? I know that may sound ignorant, but I ask because all of last year I had a Japanese and then last year I sent her a Christmas card. I stated in it that I wasn't sure whether she celebrated Christmas or not but thought I would send her a card - and after that I never heard from her again! I'm just wondering if maybe my sending her a Christmas card could have been received as offensive in some way? No worries if you're not sure! Hah, I just miss getting little stickers from Japan lol.

~Oh man. I have no long left at work at all but I'm super hungry for some reason today! It's making me worry I won't have the energy to exercise because I'm so damn hungry! All I have to eat is a little baggy of popcorn and I don't think that's likely to give me much energy...kind of concerned as soon as I get home I'll just give up on my exercise completely and not go anywhere. Just going for a walk seems like a waste of time to me.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #17  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Christmas is a secular holiday here with a big emphasis on consumerism and couples. The malls and stores are all decorated with Christmas stuff already. Couples go to see Christmas lights displays and hold hands and eat cake and sweets. It's never offensive to anyone so don't worry that the card offended your friend! It's a shame she fell off the face of the earth like that.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #18  

krampus Thanks for that! I thought pretty much what you said about it being secular, but thought there was a small chance this girl was somehow offended haha, being that it was the last thing I sent her. Oh well! Her loss..kind of..not that I had anything cool from New Zealand to send lol.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #19  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

I love Christmas too, the whole idea of the holiday just brings a smile to my face! And I want it to be rainy and cold (since it doesn't snow really in So Cal). I absolutely love it!!

Krampus 128! Omg I am jealous. Can't wait till I can say that, congrats on your great work.

JL ALWAYS without shoes, usually naked or thin clothes and first thing in the morning, it will be your most realistic weight without anything else. Also, I know it seems nice to weigh in daily but it's actually better in the long run to do it once a week, but for most of us that's near impossible!!!

PEN You take your Christmas tree down on Christmas!!! We always take it down on New Years Day. It's not exactly fun, but it's usually how we do things. Especially now that my parents have a party after Christmas. Not sure when the tree goes up, haha I've lived out of the house for 4 years and haven't really been around for that part.

aliqoutYou can do it, but you have to believe in yourself. It seems you're self defeating which is the story of my life, we're all here to support you just take it bit by bit.

I think that's it for the updates. As I expected today wasn't good on the food but I feel dedicated and ready for the new week, I have an official weight and lofty goal to achieve. :P Can't wait for Yoga tomorrow night and cycle twice later in the week plus more once I get my schedule. I NEED to get rid of this tummy pudge!!

Last edited by mybigwish; 11-07-2010 at 11:50 PM.
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:39 AM   #20  
Staying the Same

mybigwish Aw shucks. It's a slow work in progress. You'll be there - and at 118 - before you know it!

rainbowstripe Do you want Japanese stuff in the mail? I can make that magic happen if you send me a couple candy bars from NZ.

JL I weigh myself naked or in undies after peeing in the morning.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #21  

krampus I can totally send you candy bars but they are not that fun here! Seriously... I can't think of any fun candy bars - are there any you know of that you want? I wasn't trying to hint at wanting stuff haha, but I'm a Sanrio/San-X/general weird & cute Japanese stuff fiend, so if you want to do a swap of stuff I'd be totally keen!

~ YAY went for a jog walk. Who knew the 6pm sun could be so hot! I feel great though, aside from being hot. I think I actually really do enjoy jogging - aside from the fact I get cramp/stitch every time, in the EXACT same place - anyone got tips on that?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

yeah, like krampus said, christmas is mostly "date day" in japan. New Years is the big holiday where people go back to their families and all that.

aaah, i think i'm coming down with something. feel all weak and hot and like the back of my throat is kinda itchy.... i don't want to have a cold!!! *sulks* i'm gonna be in bed by 7pm tonight... one more hour and a half to go! gah!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:58 AM   #23  
Staying the Same

rainbowstripe ALL candy bars are fun candy bars, haha. I'll see what cutesy character goods I can get my hands on.

As for the stitches, I get them occasionally too. I have no tips on how to get rid of them. Sometimes I firmly massage the area or hold my breath, but I'm not convinced that does anything. Generally the pain eventually ebbs away. I just push on through.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #24  

krampus Yeah...I've found it just pops up and then stays there usually for the rest of my jog/walk/run. Sometimes I push a couple of fingers into the spot really hard (it's just below my ribs on the right) and that kind of makes it ease a bit, but it's not entirely comfortable jogging like that haha.
If you want candy bars that's awesome! I can buy you some stuff I know is definitely New Zealand only stuff - though some is also possibly available in the UK or Australia. But it will probably be different for you anyway! If you want to you can PM me your address, or email it to me, my email is the same as my username on here, @gmail.com. In fact, it will be exciting to go and buy a whole bunch of candy bars since I rarely do anyway! And I really love sending mail/packages also. Can even send it tomorrow :P
Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #25  
Staying the Same

I might have to wait a little before I'll have a chance to send yours out. don't send too many candy bars though, the last thing I need is candy bars good lord. Individual-serving snacks, granola bars, etc. would be cool too, basically anything from a regular grocery store would probably be interesting and new to me since I'm American.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:42 AM   #26  

Haha... I was going to say something, we're all trying to lose weight and get healthy and I'm sending candy bars...that seems kind of wrong! You'd be sorely disappointed if I sent anything from the grocery store, I am not kidding you. Individual serving snacks barely exist here except for... potato chips and like.. horrible muesli/granola bars. The US beats us on all of that kind of thing. I'll send you something non-candy/food related as well, even if you won't like it haha! I have a bunch of these cute little stuffed creatures I made earlier this year that I was selling at markets, so I can send you one of those!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:43 AM   #27  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

SWEET got my work schedule and planned an awesome workout, now you guys have to hold me to it!

Monday-Cycle and Yoga (Hard Work Yoga)
Tuesday-Turbo Kickboxing
Wednesday-Cycle and Weight Class
Thursday-Yoga (More Flow Relaxed)--More a rest day after two HARD classes
Friday-Cycle and Pilates
Saturday-? (Should I rest this or maybe do a video??)
Sunday-Weights/Cardio Class

Hold me to it guys! I need the nagging friends :P
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:21 AM   #28  

mybigwish Sounds like a pretty good/intense plan! I think you'd be fine to make Saturday a rest/recovery day, would be good for your body! Of course some people may have different opinions on that point.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:06 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

I'm going to Australia for Christmas and I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm a solid 75 kg. My goal is to get down to 74 by Sunday. We'll see if it happens

Keep thinking about a stupid boy. I wish I could move on. It's obvious he doesn't feel that way. I'm just kind of terrified of being alone forever.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 AM   #30  

elleohelle I'm sure you can get to 74 in a week, but don't be too disappointed if you don't - sometimes I find that the weeks I'm really gunning for a kilogram loss, I either lose a half or none at all hah. It sucks. I'm sorry you're having boy trouble of sorts. I know it's the old cliche, but if he's not interested in you, then he isn't worth your time. I know that that isn't the best advice, especially when you can't stop thinking about someone...but we're here for you! And you will not be alone forever.