Old 11-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I don't have any personal experience with this type of situation, but I did see a discussion that was very similar to this one. Basically, he might have been expecting to arrive home and see the familiar. It seems common with men who are in the military. Despite in the long run what he might really think, changing things up at home could just be different then his expectations of coming back to his regular old home. I hope he will begin to see how healthy you have become.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #17  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
I'm having a really hard time right now. I thought he'd be so pleased with the progress I've made. He's never seen me at this weight... But he asked me to put some weight back on... said I am too thin . I'm not happy about my current weight. I don't want to put weight back on or even maintain.

Do you think maybe he just needs some time to get used to my new body?

He just keeps saying "Jeeze... you lost SO much weight babes!" It's really hard to take it as a compliment when he is so genuinely displeased with my weight loss.

You know, he might just be in shock! You're a completely different looking person now, he's been gone for some time, etc, etc. If anything it may take him some days to get used to it!

Best of luck. <3
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #18  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

WOW Val..I can see how this is so upsetting to you and I think the guy who posted here hit the nail on the head. The fact that your dh is gone for months at a time, and you're on base with tons of eligible men and looking smoking hot..well, he's bound to be insecure. Of course, that doesn't mean that you should gain or even just maintain for him, but I can see the thought process there. When I lost 50 lbs a couple years back my husband LOVED the way I looked, but had those insecurities which weren't as apparent before, and we're together every day so he saw me all the time and how my body was changing. I can imagine what a shock it was for your hubby.

Give him time (it sounds like he's already coming around a bit), and keep at it for you and your children. Being healthy is most important. I had friends and family members telling me I had lost too much weight and I flat out told them that I was still in healthy range and if I got below that and still wanted to lose, THEN they could talk to me. Until that point (which I never reached), I didn't want to hear it. My aunt once said "Oh, Rocki, you're not going to lose any more weight are you? You're too skinny". I plainly said, "yes, I plan on losing at least 10-15 more lbs and I would appreciate it if you would support me or just not say anything at all". It was hurtful coming from her and I don't even see her much (although we are close), so I can imagine coming from your husband that it's really upsetting.

You'll be fine and hopefully hubby will deal with it and talk to you about his feelings..

Hugs to you and I'm so happy your dh is home for a bit! I know you've been wanting to be with him.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote