Old 11-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #31  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

All right, I need to jump on this 30DS bandwagon after hearing all these stories about crying. JLNichols, I bet I'll be trying not to puke after full situps too!

Ran for 45 minutes last night and it felt like a light jog. Who knew this could be done? rainbowstripe, I feel the same way you do. I think I have to start pushing myself harder. Weight this morning was 58.5 kg, or exactly 129 lbs. One more pound and I'm the lightest I've been in my adult life. Come ooooonnnnn!

Amanda, Ade, wishing your folks the best and healthy recoveries. I can't imagine how scary that must be. I'm really worried about my dad because he's so overweight...

Kawaii, is this Gifu-boy? What a flake. Disappointed to hear he's no better than the rest.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Linds Well done on on-plan eating - disappointing about the Christmas shopping! I'm terrible at it and basically wait for people to tell me what they want haha.

krampus I would be super excited to be at your weight hah! I don't even know what my lightest is as an adult. I'm going to guess maybe 68, but even at 68 I don't think I'll look as good as I did when I think I was around there 3/4 years ago.

Oh god. I am feeling sorry for myself right now haha. It's so pathetic. I didn't have anything to bring to work for lunch today so I just figured I'd buy something. I had no idea what to buy. Usually I'd get sushi but I was really really really not feeling like it. I thought about trying a cafe for a salad but I didn't really have time to go in and check them out, plus unknown dressings etc. There is a place called Tank here that's like a juice bar and they do salads too - but, stupid reason I know, I don't like the type of lettuce they use so I didn't get that either. What did I get? A soup-for-one in a can. It was low fat, had some protein, but the sodium was OUT OF CONTROL high. I bought it, ate it. And now I feel sick. Like headache and my stomach is not feeling that great. I still need to eat more too, I'm too low on calories. But I don't know what to eat to feel better. And I'm worried the feeling sickness is going to make Zumba after work just that much harder.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

hey rainbow, couldn't you have gotten a small sandwich or something along with the soup? that's too bad you're not feeling well though... i guess i'm pretty lucky i don't have to pack a lunch because japanese JHS do "school lunch". it can be pretty gross at times, but usually it's fine and they always count the calories. it's usually about 800cals, but if you don't eat the rice, it drops down to around 400. i usually eat only a few bites so i figure my toll is around 500-600calories for my lunch everyday. which is not so bad.

krampus, yes, it's Gifu-boy!! i know, right?! it was love perfect and all of a sudden just nothing! like he dropped off the face of the earth! (or dropped his phone in the toilet... eh...) anyways. it just sucks soooo bad. especially after i chose him over the other guy... meh.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #34  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

rainbow, I can't even count how many times I've stressed about buying myself a lunch while out and then gotten a disappointing one that left me feeling worse than if I hadn't eaten anything! Tomorrow will be a better lunch. Have something for dinner you really like!

kawaii, a shame. Do you consider yourself single again? Flaky dudes, ugh.

Actually today I packed a lunch but I REALLY wish I were eating the school lunch. It's omurice day and I am cold and I just want to eat something hot, but you can't exactly microwave a PB&J sandwich or fruit. Sigh.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #35  

Kawaii They had some actually pretty good looking sandwiches at a cafe, though from a distance (I was looking through the window haha) I couldn't tell what was in them or whether I'd like it or not. They also looked really big and there were giant paninis too. I really wish I hadn't eaten the soup though. Oh well. I have since eaten an apple and I'm currently drinking a coffee. Also, just out of curiousity, how long had you been seeing this guy before he disappeared? Was there any hint that he had lost interest? I say..you're attractive and cute and you should just see what other options open up! His loss!

krampus Oh man PB&J... I am totally having that when I go back to my parents house tomorrow. Grape or other "jellies" like that aren't readily available in New Zealand. There is one grape jelly we can get but only from like..farmer's markets and stuff! It's crazy! Probably just as well or I'd be eating it all the time - I remember once bringing back a jar of that pre-mixed Smucker's PB&J swirl from the US - me and my sister finished it in a week. What is omurice? I really hope to have a good dinner. Once more I'm at the mercy of my boyfriend's mum - which is usually if not always fine on the calories, but she tends to cook the same things all the time - and she's coming to Zumba with me so I'm guessing it will be something quick. I'm almost certain chicken curry and rice is on the menu haha. Guess I'll see!

I am feeling a bit better! I think the freshness of the apple took away the grossness of the soup. That and another half litre of water! And the coffee is good. Sometimes when I'm low on calories for the day but not so hungry I'll get a nonfat caramel macchiato from Starbucks (I know, really bad), but I figure I better get them while I can because the one by my work is closing down pretty soon I've heard. Probably just as well, the cinnamon buns and hazelnut danishes are too tempting - not that I've had one in 15 weeks, but I want one BAD.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

hey, omurice is a big omelette stuffed with rice... usually with some kind of sauce on it, anything from just plain ketchup to fancy white or pink ones with bits of chicken or shrimp or vegetables in it. it's really good! not so good if you're on a diet though, haha.

i've known this guy since may, but for the whole summer we never even saw each other cuz he was just too busy at work... he actually pulled this mysterious disappearing stunt on me before, about a month after we'd met, but since we weren't dating seriously, i just assumed i'd been dumped and moved on. he mailed me back 3 weeks later saying his phone had died and he was soooo sorry... i was a bit ambivalent at first, but i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. we kept mailing all through the summer, but he never had any free time so i was totally dating other guys. then around my birthday (late august) he started mailing me more frequently and saying he wanted to see me and finally could, so we made a plan to hang out the next weekend. i was smitten with him all over again and from that point on we saw each other about every 2 weeks and either he'd come to my place or i'd go to his. so i guess we have been officially dating for like 2 months. and no, there were NO signs at all, which is why i haven't given up yet, i mean, the last time i saw him we totally had a sappy-movie-worthy "i love you" moment, and after that he was mailing me every single day and saying goodnight and **** like that. then nothing. so yeah, totally perplexed. and krampus, i don't consider myself single yet, although maybe i should, but it's just too depressing... meh.

on another note, kyushoku was actually really good today!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:55 AM   #37  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

JL- sorry to hear you were upset doing the 30DS Its always disappointing when the reality of these things hit home I guess, sometimes we just want to be "fixed" but we know its not that easy. I think you are incredible for even getting to level 3! I didnt even make it past level 1 day 2

Amanda- sending good vibes to both you and your mum I cant imagine how you are keeping going, whatever you are doing keep it up

Rainbow- what is your boyfriend's thesis on/about? Sometimes grabone has cheap restaurant deals too if you just fancy an evening together instead of a giant trip Most stuff is valid for 6 months too so if he finishes up soon and theres something you've been dying to do which is there cheap then you can still do it! I;m a big fan of grabone in case you didnt notice I dont envy your tidying tasks though Feeling ill sucks Maybe a subway would help? Thats usually my go to emergency take away lol, because at least i know whats in it! And its not outrageous calorie wise and it is filling.

ade-welcome back! You would think the food would be better, wouldnt you! But then there are lots of things I was surprised about when I did my internship in a hospital so I suppose we really shouldnt be

Linds- fail shopping?!? Lame!

Kawaii- that really sucks about the guy Hopefully he just got super busy and will be in touch soon. Otherwise, you are far too good for him to be wasting your time thinking about him

As for me, today was pretty good. Went to training with my PT, got there far too early so ended up doing over an hour and a quarter work out which was good and tiring lol. And my scale did the mysterious "you weigh less after eating and exercising and drinking than you did when you first woke up" trick again. Seriously what is up with that? I guess I shouldnt complain much, at least it is LESS not more, but I would like to know what is going on sometimes! ANyways, came home from work, cooked one of my fav jamie oliver recipes, watched some of the new jamie oliver show online and now contemplating packing or playing some games until tonights episode comes on Tomorrow is my day off and I am excited! Going to try on the dresses i already have for a wedding on monday, if i cant find anything then I am going dress shopping and Christmas shopping regardless! And of course, more packing and calling people since we are moving on the 7th, ugh. I cant believe how much and yet how little stuff we have!

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 11-02-2010 at 03:03 AM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:48 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

I'm down to 76.5 kg or so. This has me excited. I want to be 75 by my birthday.

The loose skin on my stomach is really getting to me. I guess I will have to learn to live with it, but i started to cry the other day when I bent over.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:49 AM   #39  

Kawaii Urgh. Sounds like a really frustrating situation to be in. I hope it sorts itself out soon enough.

Icon Go you on the extra long workout! I hope you manage to find something to wear to the wedding - and Christmas shopping? Urgh, scary. I just can't do it. My boyfriend's thesis is on (and I may describe this really badly) how people relate to the coast. His major/subject area is like...social geography kind of? I don't know. I'm not very good at understanding it. He spent a month on Great Barrier interviewing people and stuff so I guess that's like a case study thing. As for Subway, I really wish there was one close! I only get to leave work for like 5 minutes at a time, and the closest one is probably 20 minutes walk I guess.

Zumba was great! Felt really good - definitely had residual "burn" in my front thigh muscles (yeah I don't know what they're called haha) from my jogging yeseterday, but I really enjoyed it and felt so energized afterwards! The only thing putting a damper on my mood is that one of my boyfriends close friends who I'm also pretty good friends with has somehow inexplicably not invited us to her birthday party this weekend. She told me about it last weekend but not the details and now I see there is a facebook event that all our other friends are invited to, bar me, my boyfriend and another of our friends (who is also her ex, but they split amicably). So I'm pretty confused. It feels very petty if she's trying to send some sort of message - though I have no idea what it would be being that when I left her on Saturday night she was in a great mood, we hugged, said how much fun the night had been etc etc etc. Urgh.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Weighed in and am down a few oz but put me from 178.0 to 177.6 YEY.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

I am finally seeing 151! I cannot WAIT to get to 147 so I will no longer be losing the same weight I already lost for my wedding!!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the positive vibes. I'm only affording myself the option to be positive.. which will probably come back to bite me in a** at some point, but it keeps me moving for now.

I am so, so proud of all you "new" runners! Also jealous! I was training for my first 5k, and can't wait to get back to that.

Kawaii, I hope the situation resolves itself soon Either with a reallllly good excuse from him and super nice gift, or a new, super awesome guy to sweep you off your feet

Iconised, good job on the workout! Maybe the scale is just reflecting water weight lost after working out and sweating? Good luck with moving, that's never fun.

Linds, keep kicking butt! You'll hit that 147.

Ohhh man, the A/C is out at work today. Some of you might wonder what I'm complaining about, but remember... Florida girl in the house here. It is 81 and climbing in my office.. ugh. I have a call in to the property manager so here's hoping it will get fixed today.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

The scale finally said 156 again this morning (and it's TOM). I dropped down to 156 one week and went back up to 158 and stayed there for a few weeks. I never changed my ticker because I was sure I would get back there eventually.

It's odd how I see a drop after 4 days of not working out. When I was working out hard core with 30DS every day my weight wouldn't budge for a month. I know most say the whole "Well you are gaining muscle" thing is a myth because you should be burning far more fat. But, while doing the 30DS my weight did not go down. I was eating between 1300-1500 calories a day (most days 1300). Yet, I went down a jean size. If the whole "muscle weighs more than fat" thing is a myth, then what the heck is going on?
Any input?
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Casey- I'd love to know the answer to that too! I've been in that exact spot many of times! Are you physically tracking the calories?
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsB View Post
Casey- I'd love to know the answer to that too! I've been in that exact spot many of times! Are you physically tracking the calories?
Yes, I use the daily plate. I track every single thing I put in my mouth. That's the only way I can stay on track. I rarely go over 1300 calories. When I do it is usually less than 1400. There were maybe 2 days in October where I totally failed on my calories... due to weekend parties/bars/eating out etc. However, when I was consistently losing before, I definitely had those days and still lost. I'm really trying not to let the scale get me down because I have went down a jean size and for example, the pants I am wearing now used to fit perfectly and they are falling off of me today. So, I know somethings going on. But I have read different places that "you are not losing weight because you are gaining muscle." is a myth. So I'm just wondering what's going on here
And as soon as I stop working out for a few days because of illness, I lose 2 lbs... AND it's TOM usually I gain at this time. What's up with that? My body confuses me... maybe I should just throw away my scale. I keep saying I am going to buy a measuring ribbon... I need to do that this week!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote