Old 10-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #1  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Feeling unusually cold

Has anyone else noticed they've been feeling colder since they've been losing weight? In past years, when it started getting cold here during the fall and winter, I've usually been that crazy person still wearing t-shirts and running around in the rain without a care in the world, but this year I just can't ever seem to get warm! One of the bloggers I read talked about feeling this way too, so I can't be completely crazy haha.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Yup. I have a feeling my fuel bills are going to be up this year!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I'm cold usually all the time, anyways. I have abnormlly low blood pressure, and I'm the one in jeans, flip flops and a hoodie in June.

I was talking with the husband the other day, and he said that I will be "frozen" next winter, lol.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Definitely, I totally know what you mean! I think it's totally normal and understandable - I see excess fat as "insulation" and when you lose lots of it, it makes sense to feel the cold more!

I don't like being cold, but I really appreciate being able to feel the cold now, because it means I can have much more fun with my clothes! I've never been able to layer my clothes because I've always felt too hot. And I'd always envied people who could wear lots of nice layers, I think it looks interesting But now I can cover up a whole lot more, and layer things, without feeling too hot. It's great!

Last edited by tinycities; 10-29-2010 at 01:34 PM.
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #5  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinycities View Post
Definitely, I totally know what you mean! I think it's totally normal and understandable - I see excess fat as "insulation" and when you lose lots of it, it makes sense to feel the cold more!

I don't like being cold, but I really appreciate being able to feel the cold now, because it means I can have much more fun with my clothes! I've never been able to layer my clothes because I've always felt too hot. And I'd always envied people who could wear lots of nice layers, I think it looks interesting But now I can cover up a whole lot more, and layer things, without feeling too hot. It's great!
Haha, that's a great way of thinking about it! I love the layered look too, definitely something I'll be doing more of. I had a great time this summer, actually, because normally I'd get overheated easily and have a miserable, hot, sweaty time, but I enjoyed the heat for once! Always loved the sun, never loved the heat, but this summer it was really nice.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I have a space heater right next to me blowing full blast as I write this and I'm still cold. Welcome to winter!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/236/145

I've always felt cold if I go too low with my calories...no matter what weight. I figure it's my body trying to preserve it's energy output. A few jumping jacks usually sorts it out
Ali87 is offline   Reply With Quote