Old 10-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #1  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Default Small NSV: "I really don't want this"

So I didn't exercise this morning because I was up late doing my hair and I promised myself I would eat reasonably well because of that...

fast forward to right now: I didn't eat breakfast because work was really hectic this morning and I had Vietnamese for Lunch and it was good, I only ate about half of it because I just wasn't hungry and then I start getting the dreaded "sweet tooth" and I really really really want ice cream. I calculated and figure that I could just squeeze by if I get a children's scoop. But laziness wins out in the end (the freakin ice cream shop is two blocks away!) and so I decide to hit up the small Starbucks in my building and I get a non-fat milk strawberries and creme frappucino with whipped cream. I get back to my office and I eat the whipped cream off the top (as I always do) and then I realize: I don't want this drink anymore it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I just didn't want it anymore, so I threw it away, I wasted 3 bucks, but I saved myself over 200 calories.

Small NSV, indeed.

Last edited by Fit4Lyfe; 10-26-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

woot! Congrats!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #3  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good job! Sucks about wasting $3, but now you'll know better next time.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #4  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

Grats!

I've been doing that quite often, lately. I've got eyes that are wayyyy bigger than my stomach these days. I guess my head is still kinda stuck in my old eating habits. The other day, my friend and I ordered Olive Garden chicken alfredo and we split it. I took my portion of it and looked at it sadly, just "knowing" it wasn't going to be enough. But I ended up stuffed by the time I was done with dinner.

It feels great when something like that happens. I'm sure this won't be the last time you have this NSV. Good job! Keep it up...

Last edited by singforthedayx; 10-27-2010 at 12:38 AM.
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:53 AM   #5  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

that is so awesome! sometimes those are the best nsv's especially for us prone to binging.

i had one of those light bulb moments late this summer. i was eating a store bought cookie at a picnic. cookies are pretty rare for me, but i decided it was ok for that day. as i was eating it i was thinking about how it tastes. chewing it. half way through i realize. this doesn't taste good. it didn't taste the way i wanted it too. had sorta an after taste i guess. so i decided to throw it away, and felt proud i realized it, and stopped. the old me would have ate it anyway.

side note. i have all these weird memories, expectations with cookies. like most people love chocolate chip. but when i was growing up my grandma made hers with too few chips, and she used shortening or something. they had an aftertaste. so even though most choc. chip cookies are delicious, i still prefer other kinds. other than that she baked lots of yummy stuff. it would be great if i could make everything she made with no butter lol.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

I do this a lot. I'll often start eating something and then think- I really don't want this or need it. I waste money, but I save in calories.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #7  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Nice! Good for you!
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #8  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

So then I went out and had carrot cake...bu tanother small NSV I couldn't finish it...it was too rick and sweet. I hope this keeps up!
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote