Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #61  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Jaimie - Tell me about it :C We're doing it though! We're almost out of them!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #62  
Mary

181.9 today... at least it's a loss, however miniscule. I'm pretty sure it's inaccurate, though. I ate within my calorie range yesterday but I think I might have had a bit too much sodium. I also haven't gone to the bathroom properly in a few days... need to get some fiber in me! So hopefully I'm really more like 181?

I'm glad I finally bought a scale for my boyfriend's house though!

How is everyone else doing today?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #63  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Jamie - Our stats are similar! Let's get you out of these 180's! So so close you are!

I weigh myself usually strictly on Monday's only or I'll drive myself crazy weighing everyday but I realized my scale probably needed a new battery and I bought one, weighed myself 5x this morning! And each time it said 185.4!!!

Now, I weighed in on Monday at 188...sooo I dunno. I'm not going to switch my ticker or anything until I weigh in on Monday. I just hope that I can stay at 185.4 or lose more. I'll be super bummed on Monday if it is back up to 188 or 187 or something lol.

I missed boot camp this morning as I had an early day and I'm SO sore from all of yesterdays butt exercises (which he totally incorporated for me because I keep complaining about my butt!) The back of my thighs are KILLING ME it hurts to try and sit down!

ANyway, I'm going to do some free weights and dirty dogs tonight (I need a butt!) and that's about it in terms of exercise today. Unless you think walking 20blocks in NYC at a brisk pace is exercise. =)
Old 11-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #64  
Mary

Kriz - Walking city blocks (or, any walking, really) is exercise! Did you test the new scale with a weight to see if it weighs the weight accurately?
Old 11-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #65  
Working it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by platformnine View Post
Kriz - Walking city blocks (or, any walking, really) is exercise! Did you test the new scale with a weight to see if it weighs the weight accurately?
I did use my five pound weight on it but the other one was in the car. It weighed the weight correctly =)

I like the way you think about ANY walking =) Haha reading that put a smile on my face!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #66  
Mary

Kriz - I can say that about walking since that's how I started working out at the beginning - lots of walking

So, my scale said 182.5 today (grrr) but I took something so I could go to the bathroom and I'm thinking it will be less than that for sure tomorrow!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #67  
Working it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by platformnine View Post
Kriz - I can say that about walking since that's how I started working out at the beginning - lots of walking

So, my scale said 182.5 today (grrr) but I took something so I could go to the bathroom and I'm thinking it will be less than that for sure tomorrow!
Haha, it should DEF be less than that tomorrow! Chin up! Let us know =) You are soooo freaking close!!!

I did another "off sched" weigh-in today, this time I weighed myself 3x n a row and once again they all came back the same number...it said 184.2!!! Excited about that but at the same time, ONCE AGAIN, I know with my crazy analytical self I shouldn't have done it! Because on Monday I'm gonna expect it to read 184 and when it may not, I'll freak!

Here's to a healthy weekend of eating right and staying on track ladies so that we all come back Monday REALLY close to getting out of the 180's, or TOTALLY OUT for those of you already close!

We CAN beat this!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:58 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 196/186/150

Height: 5'1"

I feel like I've been in the 180s for-ev-er. Luckily I've started a new intensive aerobics workout. Wish me luck! And good luck to all of you as well
Old 11-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Congrats! That is very exciting! I can't wait until I get down in the 100's, but that is 90lbs to go... thats ok though! In due time....
Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #70  
Mary

City Lights - Good Luck!! I know how you feel

Yesterday I was at 182.6 and today I'm at 182. I'm perpetually stuck here. I think I might lower my calories. Tomorrow I am determined to see 181!!!

ETA: Never mind, went to the bathroom again (I hate when I can't go right in the morning! Sorry if that's tmi :P) and I was back at 182 so after already eating breakfast I changed my ticker to 181.5 to be safe. I could be less, but I don't know for sure.

Last edited by platformnine; 11-20-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Mary, you are so like me. I weigh and re-weigh with meals and bathroom trips too. Lately I have lost my mojo cause the scale has not been my friend. I was at 183.6 again today. Not much else to report. I am thinking that I need to find a new "diet" plan. I know its taboo, BUT I always have this GREAT motivation with a new plan, and although I don't ever stick to those fad diets, they do give me a jump start and help get me back on track. Any one have any good suggestions? What's the new rage?

Kriz- Seriously, you're blowing through the 180's! What are you doing and send me the memo! Way to go!
Old 11-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #72  
Mary

Jaimie - I'm not a fan of diet fads. What are you doing eating-wise now? Calories? Cutting anything? I would say just change it up. What are you doing exercise-wise?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #73  
Mary

So, I just worked out and it's the end of the day and the scale says 181.5! I hope it says that or lower tomorrow and that I didn't screw myself with and sodium today. Fingers crossed!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Weeelllll, my workouts: I go to either spin class, zumba, or kickboxing 4-5 times a week. Each class is an hour, so I definitely get my cardio in. I have developed these HUGE calves since I started this, but my gut it still here, measures just the same.

My eating: Ugh. I work, have 3 kids, and I am ALWAYS pressed for time. I did good for a long time with the 5 small meals thing, but I got so bored with it. All we have at work is a microwave, and a tiny fridge. I ate the same stuff- day in, day out. I know fads are bad, but I love that intial "gung-ho" attitude I get, and the "renewed" motivation. Right now, I eat whatever, just small portions and I try to eat the best thing available. Our bosses at work buy us food a lot, so I do eat out WAY too much. At home, my hubby is gone for 2 weeks at a time, so I cook a lot of "kid" food, and I just don't eat it. I know my caloric intake is not going over BMR most days, BUT the foods I do eat are not friendly. I am losing at a rate of about .2 every other/third day. I used to lose 2 pounds a week easy. I just have to find that willpower and get back in gear! Any ideas for work friendly foods on the 5 small meals plan?

Last edited by jaimie1980; 11-20-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #75  
Working it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimie1980 View Post
Mary, you are so like me. I weigh and re-weigh with meals and bathroom trips too. Lately I have lost my mojo cause the scale has not been my friend. I was at 183.6 again today. Not much else to report. I am thinking that I need to find a new "diet" plan. I know its taboo, BUT I always have this GREAT motivation with a new plan, and although I don't ever stick to those fad diets, they do give me a jump start and help get me back on track. Any one have any good suggestions? What's the new rage?

Kriz- Seriously, you're blowing through the 180's! What are you doing and send me the memo! Way to go!
Jaimie! You started off around the same weight as me and doll, you have lost more than me! Haha. I truly think it's all in what you eat.

I eat 4-6 small meals a day (of course with dinner being the biggest) work out at boot camp 1hour 4-6x a week (depending on the week). And really it's just me watching what I eat.

I really don't know if I'm blowing through the 180's until I weigh myself on Monday...I'm praying for 105. something...I don't care what! I just want it to stay the same!

For small meals to eat during the day, I DO eat the 100 calorie packs. I eat one a day/every two days on average. Maybe 5 a week total. I like them, soem people don't, that's their bag. They serve me well when I have a sweet tooth which I DO!

I also like all kinds of yogurt, bananas (awesome and filling!), for lunches I know a lot of people aren't going to agree but I have VERY short lunch breaks and I eat lean cuisines or smart ones or a Healthy Choice. I also love granola or oatmeal. Hmmm lemme think of more snacks. OH! I like slices of turkey, LOVE THEM. I put a pickle in between and wrap it in three slices and I'm in heaven! You can pack them in little baggies, LOVE LOVE it. Split one pickle in half and wrap 3 slices of turkey around each, put em in a baggie and put em in the fridge at work. I also love apples and oranges. Once a week I also make tuna sandwiches! I use weight watchers bread, light mayo and tuna light in water and some red pepper and YUM!!!!!!! and FILLING!

I hope that helps Jaimie! Seriously, you are SO CLOSE!

Don't get discouraged about your belly, HELLLOOO It is the last to go, I too am struggling CRAZY with this! I have gone from a VERY VERY tight 40C bra to a 38C and I can somewhat fit in a 36C it's just ultra tight. But the belly? Yeah, it just looks like a deflated balloon of fat! And I haven't had kids. I'm hoping once I get down to 160/150 it starts to move. So, you and I can def relate on that. Hopefully we'll be in this journey together for the long run and through maintenance as well and can push each other =)

On another note, I just HAVE to share something with you girls! Every year my old college roomies and I get together the week before THanksgiving and we cook and play games and just catch up. Well, tonight, I was OVERWHELMED by the compliments, I mean it felt good but I guess I was just thrown off. Anyway, Thats a whole other topic I'll be covering in my blog on Monday haha BUT to get to the point...well I FELT SO PRETTY!!!

I am the girl in the center of each picture.

Here is a picture of us LAST year:

And then THIS is this year!!!

Last edited by Krizstyling; 11-21-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Closed Thread