Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #91  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning girls. Was 158.8 on Monday (I'm one of those odd weekly-weighers) I started P90X on Monday, not sure what that is going to do with my weigh ins. I have noticed an odd pattern with my weight. I will have a pretty good drop one week (about 2.5 lbs) then go up around a pound the next week, the stay about even for 2 weeks or so, then drop another big number. I think it is keeping my averages around 1.25 lbs a week, but it can be very discouraging as it feels like i'm stalling every month.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #92  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Congrats on your weight loss Jenn! I weighed in today at 142 lbs. Can't wait to get below 140! Havent seen that number in ages!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Haley- you are doing great! Hang in there with school and stop by when you can!

My .4oz came back off, but nothing more at this point. I am hoping to be down more by Friday. I am counting calories on paper now. I'm going to see if that helps the scale move any more than my approximations.

Last edited by LindsB; 10-27-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #94  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Great job, everyone!! Losing weight with a group of people is such a new thing to me, and I love this. It's so motivating and inspirational!

So, I'm down to 139.2 today!!! I'm soooo excited. I'm still sticking around in this group though, if that's ok with you guys, because I think you all are fabulous! Plus, you never know, I could come back into the 140s. But hopefully not!

I should be losing more based on the diet that I'm on, but my TOM usually comes around the first of the month so I'm assuming [aka hoping] that this is why my weight is soooo slow in coming off right now.

Last edited by LillyLover; 10-27-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #95  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Haley, that's awesome! Stay strong!

jenn, I weigh daily so I can see how and when I get those spikes and drops and compare it to my food journal. It's helped me figure a lot out about how my body reacts to certian things. But I also understand some people get discouraged from our natural highs and lows (well just the highs) so thats why they weigh weekly.

Lose25, that's awesome! I love your profile pic too I think I've seen you in the bead thread with Lilly, right? (I'm a lurker of that one, it's always made me curious)

Linds, I used to just tally it in my head but I find it is easy to let little things get away from you (spreads, sauces, drinks etc) That's when I was stalling back in Sept.

Congrats Lilly! Maybe I should reset my goal to 139 just to see what it's like haha

Yesterday I cheated epically! I knew I was going to so I ate well all day, I knew it would have an affect on my weight. I just didn't know it would be a loss! 147.8! I'll probably shift back up tomorrow though, my bodies about a day behind in showing cheats for highs and good work out sessions for lows. I had blackened cajun chicken with veggies and a ceasar salad with no croutons. I don't know what they put in the chicken mix so I wasn't sure if I was cheating with that. I do know the bottle of wine my friend and I drank was a huge cheat, and same with the khalua and coffee covered in whip cream and a sugar rim, and then the trip to the starbucks I used to work out. Nothing like going back to your old work place thinner then ever but pretty drunk haha. I got a long dopio with white mocha syrup and put cream in it.

It was a delicious night! I'm glad I let myself go, almost a little too much because there was a point I had a cigarette. I came home and told my fiance because I felt guilty, haha. Then while drunk I tried to lift weights, hehe. It was fun!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

Stephanie it sounds like you had a really fun night!!! gotta love that! every now and then it’s good to get out there and take a break. but i love that even while drunk your mind was on weight loss, and you are back on track and back posting today! that’s the way it’s done folks

i FINALLY have the computer back for good now!! it’s done being serviced, and mac assures us it’s A-OK! yaaaaaaayyy

i’ve been pretty strict lately, and it’s paying off. 147.2 this morning! which is the LOWEST i’ve been in i don’t even know how long! probably since my freshmen yr of college (9 yrs ago)!!! and i get to add another queen to my sig it’s gonna be a good day!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #97  
Kee

Steph: Yes i am in the bead thread just til i get some stubborn weight off then i am back on my old plan for a while. Thanks you can take that picture if you like.

Lilly Congratulations! Really proud of you.

Evveryone else: ALso congratualtions on your weight loss and keep at it!!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #98  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Hey Shasha! I'm glad your back! You are always friendly and keep the thread upbeat

On that note, I may not be around as much now! My life is going through a lot of changes right now, and boy am I glad I have lost most of the weight first because this will make this all easier.

I'm sure you know I'm engaged by my talk about my fiance, we've been together over 3 years and he asked me to marry him this past March. When he asked we decided we would wait about two years to get married and just enjoy our engagement. Every four months we take vacation up North to Prince George to see his family and daughter, so we got a chance to celebrate the engagement with them.

Fast forward to summer, it was vacation time again, and it's at the point where him and I have decided we want to move there. He wants to be with her full time, I would like more opportunities for us to build a relationship, and I have NEVER lived anywhere but here. I've been living on the same bus route since I was a child! I think a change and going out of my comfort zone would be good, I did it with eating better and exercise, right?

This last while we've been talking about the fact that my grandma would be too old to travel up there for a wedding, and it would be too expensive to get the two families together. So we decided we will have a small ceremony and reception here in the lower mainland, then another reception up north for his family.

Now he wants to move up before Feb 21st, his daughters 7th birthday, which pushes things up greatly! So this is my to do list for the next 6 months:

-Plan a wedding in 3 months (it's small so I'm not thinking it will be so bad)
-Save a TON of money
-Do this while making it through Christmas AND my birthday (Dec 28th)
-Save even MORE money so we can pack up our life and move a 9 hour drive away
-Find jobs and a place to live
-Have a reception for his family

My fiance is going away for a month and a half to help his boss build a house on Vancouver Island. It means 12-14 hour days for him and extra money saved. I was upset he was going to be away so long, but now I have a wedding to plan so I'll be busy haha.

So I will be a married lady on Jan 28th (date pending approval from the best man, he works that night filming a hockey game)

Last edited by StephanieM; 10-28-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #99  

Stephanie- I just got married in May and do wedding planning on the side SO if you need any help coordinating, researching vendors, ideas, ANYTHING send me a PM I'm more than happy to help if you need it.

I am vowing to write my daily calorie intake down each day until Thanksgiving. My scale has not budged up or down. I have given up on the idea that a woosh is coming, so here's to hoping that I can lose 4lbs by Thanksgiving. At my current loss rate, that would be a miracle!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #100  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

my weight hasn't really changed lately.weigh in day is on saturday..im hoping to be at least 146ish..also just wondering, how many calories are you all consuming on a day to day basis?.idk why lately ive been starting to freak out if i eat more than 1300 calories when i KNOW my body looses great when averaging between 1350-1400cal. im thinking maybe its cuz im like 2lb from my initial goal weight and i feel every extra calorie after 1200 will count as slowing down my progress..eh bad mindset to have..i know! im just soo ready for maintenance so i can have this strict calorie burden lifted off my shoulders.

but on the positive side, ive been trying different recipes for healthy food..baked apples w/sugar free syrup to quench my sweet tooth, egg omelets for breakfast(and dinner too) and air popped popcorn w/cinnamon and splenda( read about this somewhere on here,it taste like a real treat!)

Last edited by Brit; 10-28-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

hailey, congrats on your loss! best of luck in school, i’ve had some friends go through law school, and from what i can tell it’s sorta brutal!

jenn, i feel your pain! i’m not a weekly weigher, but my weight does the same stupid thing if i don’t eat cleanly. and i mean perfectly cleanly. as a result of not eating cleanly, i’ve only lost 5-6lbs since july. It’s not fun, but it’s better than the alternative. so big hug, we’ll get to goal together!

lose25, welcome to the thread! good luck with ur weightloss!

lilly, ahh the elusive 130s! i’m simultaneously super happy for you and super jealous! what a lovely feeling. good for you!

stephanie, CONGRATS on all the changes coming your way!!! how fun and exciting!!! do u have any idea what the wedding(s) plans will be like? backyard wedding? church wedding? something more grand? i love weddings good luck with all that planning!

linds, i feel that pain! i think writing everything down is a great plan. i’ve been attached to my calorie book for about a week now. i write down every bite before it goes in my mouth! i too have been losing at an epically slow rate. it’s SO discouraging! when i started writing things down, i realized i was prob cheating a lot more than i was admitting to myself. maybe you’ve got the same issue. let us know how it goes!

brit, congrats on being so close to maintenance! exciting! i eat about 1500cals a day and try to drink at least a gallon of water. closer to 2 gallons lately. if you’ve got an idea of what your body does on a certain calorie allotment, go with that! you don’t want to stall your losing by dipping too low on cals!

i ate a ton of sodium yesterday, and it’s just made me tired! i know that’s what my body does when i eat processed foods, but it’s just so much more convenient LOL! i’m off to do some circuit training. better today, and lots of water! have a great day all!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #102  

shasha- maybe you can help keep me motivated to continue tracking these stupid calories! I am trying to stay between 1,300-1,500 on most days. Averaging 1,500 over 7 days. So a bit of "zig zagging". I'll keep you updated on my progress.

How in the heck am I going to track how much i drink on saturday??? ugh!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #103  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Stephanie, what a HUGE step in your life! Congratulations, and I hope everything goes smoothly!

LindsB, good luck with the calorie counting! Thanksgiving is in a month, that should fly by and you'll be done with it before you know it. If you don't have one already, I recommend getting a day planner and using that to write down your intake. That's what I did and it really helps, since it's something you can carry with you everywhere.

Brit, I don't really have any advice to give, but I hope the calorie counting doesn't stress you out too much. When I was calorie counting, I took in a very small amount that people here may be shocked by [so I won't mention it haha] but that was because I know my body doesn't really need that many calories to begin with. So I think it really depends on your individual metabolism. I would suggest staying at a level that's low, but not too low so you can easily maintain it. Let us know how it goes!

Shasha, glad to see you back!! Thanks for the kudos I've been taking in a lot of sodium too, but that's because that's what I crave pre-TOM and my diet counselor said it was ok within reason.

Well ladies, I'm down to 138 today! I'm hoping for a whoosh once my TOM is over. Now, back to guzzling more water...
Old 10-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #104  
Kee

hi everyone,
Shasha: Thanks good luck to you too!
Everyone who lost weight congratulations and steph good luck on your wedding plans!
I was just wondering how long have you guys been dieting or when did you start and the plan your on? also how much have you lost so far and on average per month? I think known this would be really motivating to me personally to know. Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #105  

I skipped the gym tonight because I had a hair appointment. Since I go nearly every day I feel super guilty about skipping! UGH! I hate the guilt trip I give myself. Why can't I just allow myself to relax on the couch and not go to the gym EVERY once in awhile!?
Closed Thread