Old 09-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #1  
Y U NO EAT RITE?

S/C/G: HW: 250

Height: 5 foot 7 and a heifff

Wink 20-Somethings in their 230 somethings! Where are you all?

Hello thar!

This post is for all of my ladies (and some gents) who are in their 230s trying to get to their 220s and lower. I see support for our 100+ and 300+ friends, and even some random 250s, 210s, etc.

Sooo WHERE ARE YOU ALL AT? And what are you doing to get lower than 230s?

Persicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I'm here! I'm here! lol

And I'm eating under 1800 a day (because I dont want to have to lower my calories when I'm at my goal tooooooo much, heh.) and doing p90x lean 6 days a week. I'm also remodeling a kitchen, so that's sucking the life out of me... And I walk on my off day....

What are you doing?
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #3  
Y U NO EAT RITE?

HEEEEY!!!

FINALLY A RESPONSE!

Lets see:
-I work out at least 4x per week- doing at least 40 minutes of cardio and doing about 30 minutes of strength training 2x a week.
-I tend to keep my calorie intake between 1500 to 2000 a day (I like to mix it up).
-I rarely drink soda and when I do it is diet soda.

I think I need to change my calorie intake because all these sites are confusing me about how much I should be taking in......any advice for that?

Last edited by Persicae; 09-23-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240 / 230 / 160

Height: 5"7

im exactly 230..... and have been stuck here for ages!

i count calories, and allow 1600 a day. I go to the gym 3 times a week.

I notice we are all the same height too...... so this is FANTASTIC for me. I finally have someone to compare notes with.

Ive been stuck at 230 for 3 weeks now, and im not sure whether to up my calories for a few days or to lower them. What do you think? Im going to up my exercise to 5 days a week aswell and see how that goes
purplestarpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

I don't want to lower my calories any, because I'd rather loose more slowly and at then end, end up being only able to eat 1200 forever. That'd suck,

For where I am, most sites told me 1800 - 1900, so I generally stick around 1700. I just think that's a pretty normal range to eat at, and I don't ever feel deprived...
Old 09-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello, ladies. Ignore the ticker/my side stats... I'm on the high end of 230s... I just haven't wanted to change it, to remind myself I made it into the 220's once, and I'll do it again.

Due to lack of time and energy, I'm focusing mostly on diet and drinking water. When I have a bit more free time (soon!), I do 3 days a week of the C25k plan, MWF. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday I go to the gym for additional cardio (only about 30 min, and nothing TOO taxing.. the jogging kicks my out of shape butt, haha) and alternating upper and lower body strength training.

Now, what I'm *actually* doing right now is short walks, aiming for every night. They average about 1.5 miles. I also try to commit to something active every weekend. Swimming, beach, springs, hike with the dogs... I'm pretty snowed under with work, school and life so I squeeze in any bit of activity I can milk.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/232/140

Height: 5'4"

I just got out the 230s last week. I've been mainly doing circuit training at Curves 3-5 times a week and occasionally throw in some swimming and elliptical time. Right now I'm eating around 1600 calories a day and allow myself to eat a little more if I exercise that day.
julz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #8  

so today is my day off, but im going on holiday in two weeks so ive decided im going to go to the gym every day between now and then and im going to stick to exactly 1600 calories for the minute.

what is your long term goal? ive never said this out loud, but mine is 130 - 140. do you think this is doable? ive given myself a target of staying on plan until christmas 2011 so that i dont need to be too concerned with what the scales say. if i stay on plan, *some* weight is bound to come off, and by christmas next year, i hope to have retrained my eating and exercise habits.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #9  
Y U NO EAT RITE?

I actually have been off plan the past two weekends: one weekend I was on vacation, and this past weekend was my birthday. I have eaten pretty badly these past two weekends and I need to get back on plan.

I am pretty sure I gained alot of weight due to the binging so I am avoiding the scale at all costs. I have to get on plan and stick with it!!!

My long term goal right now is 180 pounds. I am pretty sure that when I get down to that weight, I might want to go a bit lower....so maybe 165-170.

Kinda OT- But how are your SO with all of this dieting/exercising/etc.? Do they join in and/or are they supportive?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #10  
is super awesome.

Ooo, I'm 5'7" too and my goal is 175.. and I plan to see how I feel/look then and if I want to go lower, I can, and it not.... Not.

And my husband... could be more supportive. He doesn't really care, eats horridly, but at least doesnt complain when I make Hungry Girl dinner's, ... He gets awful things for lunch, but then complains when it makes him feel sucky. Like, hello?!

I try, but it got to the point where I was stressing out about it... I figure, he see's me doing it, and once I'm down, he might realize... If not, it'll be like all the tv shows with the hot wife and the bigger guy, lol.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #11  

my boyfriend couldnt be better!!!!!

he bought me a scale for my food, urges me to go to the gym (even though one look at his puppy dog eye is all it takes to see he'd rather i was with him) has looked up all sorts of low cal recipies for us

he does still eat like a typical guy, but is happy to have salads on the side so that our food looks relatively similar

all in all, ive lucked out with him

I might have to reconsider my goal, its always sounded pretty low to me, and imagine id be all bones and angles at that weight.... i guess il see how it goes for a while
Old 09-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I wouldn't say my husband is supportive directly.. I mean, he isn't the one I go to when I need someone to discourage my from eating that bowl of ice cream, and I don't count on him to encourage my gym going. He makes little to no attempt to eat exceptionally healthily, so he deals with my miles long grocery lists to accommodate snacks and meals enough to please both of us, and never, ever makes me feel bad about taking the time to work out. That's good enough for me.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #13  
Reformed Face Stuffer

S/C/G: 249/244/181

Height: 5"8

Ayyyyyyye! Ova here! lol

I haven't been really watching calories. I'm just avoiding well known starches as much as possible. I'm actually sitting in Border's right now fighting the urge to buy a cookie. (I KNOW I'm gonna win cause I've got Subway money )

So my plan is to just watch it on the carbs, and continue with my C25K plan, (with my little youtube workouts in between those jogging days).

Everyday is a challenge, but I'm not giving up.

Hope that we can all move out of this!
beadsofjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #14  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Well I am not 230 anymore but I started there and am still not far enough away from it

I just wanna be under 200 and then I will feel like I am working in the right direction atleast. It feels soooo far away. And I am doing horrible. But trying to get back on track and get moving!

I think it is really cool though that so many posting are all 5'6-5'7

moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #15  

ive gained 2 pounds

not fair, ive been eating like a rabbit all week. Can stress impact weight loss? thats the only thing i can think is happening