Old 08-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #1  
Don't ever give up!

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Wink Hey all. Im new.

Hello! Im new and want to join this group. I was also thinking about joining the 300+ group, but it looks like this group has more supports and I need a lot of support right now. I posted an into in the main support forum, but I will post it here too... I hope you follow my blog; the link is in my profile. So here goes...

Introduction

Hey all My name is Meagan but you can call me Skittles. So as of today (August 12, 2010) I weigh 304 lbs. My goal is to lose at least 10 lbs. a month (a little over 2 lbs. a week) until I reach a weight of between 135 and 150. I know I have a long way to go but I also know I can get there with support. I am hoping that’s where you guys come in.

I am 21 years old and married to the most wonderful man on earth; Jason. He supports me with everything I do and although hes not overweight, he plans on doing everything I do to show his support.

I also have a daughter; Jalyn, who is 19 months old. She is the main reason I am jump starting my weight loss. I want to have enough energy to play with her, be able to ride the rides at the fair with her, and set a good example for her.

I have 7 cats and 2 dogs. LOL don’t freak, my family and I take in strays and nurse them, but sometimes, we cant let them go.

I love to sing, dance, swim, read, blog, and many more things that might bore you haha.

Well that is my introduction but I will posting more (ALOT MORE) as I go about this long journey to lose weight and I hope you all will follow me.

—— Skittles
lusciousskittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #2  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Welcome here!
Are you following any particular plan?
Its so great having a supportive partner, makes things so much easier!
Looking forward to hearing more about you. x
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #3  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! This is a great support group
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #4  
is a ninja

hey welcome !
misoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! You'll love it here!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:54 AM   #6  
Don't ever give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Welcome here!
Are you following any particular plan?
Its so great having a supportive partner, makes things so much easier!
Looking forward to hearing more about you. x
Not any one plan really, but a mixture of advice from loads of people. I will explain it more in detail in my blog (link found in profile) and then post it here for those that dont follow to get you guys opinions.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:26 AM   #7  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello skittles! We have a LOT in common! Let me start by saying your goals are totally reachable. 10 pounds a month is pretty ambitious, and losing as much as you (and I!) are looking to, its going to be a lot of work and learning along the way. But again, it is attainable. A common quote I have heard around here is, "I may not be able to lose 100 lbs but I can lose 10 lbs 10 times".. The idea being, if you keep at it, and take it in small goals like you are looking at, with hard work you will reach your ultimate goal. If you don't go down 10 lbs every month, don't give up, that's for sure! Anything lost is better than a gain.

I am also looking at 150 as a goal weight for now, coming from near 300 (275 ish at my highest). I may revise it in the future, but for now, I don't even know what I will look like at 150. I have never -not- been overweight. 150 is the high end bracket for 'normal weight' for my skeletal structure and stature, so I want to see what I look like at -any- sort of 'normal' weight and go from there.

Also, I understand about the cats! I also have 7 cats. 3 are strays and 2 were born here from one of the strays. The other 2 were deliberate..so i know how it goes. We also have 1 dog, and a flock of chickens..and two aquariums..so no freaking out here lol.

We also share a philosophy on plans! I do not follow any set plan like weight watchers or south beach, but I do take cues from them on making decisions on foods. I will definitely say that this forum has helped me tremendously with advice..from recipes, substitutions, and even encouragement. My 'plan' is about portion control, calorie estimation (its hard to count calories for food you don't cook) and healthier options and choices throughout the board, taking advice from the experienced and from certain diet plans as to the type of foods to restrict or to increase..

So finally, welcome and I hope it helps to have someone else in kinda the same boat. It is really worth looking around here..There are lots of different thread groups here, like the newly formed 280's Ladies who are all losing from the higher end. We all are in it together

Last edited by Phoenix301; 08-13-2010 at 05:29 AM.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #8  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Lol you crazy cat ladies! welcome! I had a look at your blog but couldnt find your plan maybe you havent posted it yet
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #9  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!!

I want 7 cats. Stupid husband.. LOL.

We only have 2. I did recently get the green light to adopt another!! I'm such a sucker for the little sad faces...
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Sounds like you have a good plan, and you've definitely come to the right place for support!!
Hickory0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/172.6/145

Height: 5'6

Welcome! And good luck!
AlyssaMcN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #12  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

welcome! I would say if you don't really have a a plan to start calorie counting, I find its the simplest way for me to stay on plan and to lose weight.

and I wish i had seven kittens, but my bf says one dog is good enough... =/
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #13  
Don't ever give up!

Thank you all for the advice. Especially you Phoenix I have a feeling you and I might be besties on here lol. Last night I stayed up making charts and a list a my "diet" foods and how many calories each has. One chart will help track my calorie intake, water intake, and exercise. Another, my pounds (gain or loss). I was told by my therapist that charts would probably help me and If any of you want them just let me know. I can share.

I was too tired to post anything else on my blog by the time I got done with the charts but Im going to do it now. Im pretty slow, But i will post here when I am done
Old 08-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #14  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Skittles! Welcome to 3fc. Best wishes on your diet plans and weight loss
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote