Jillian Michael's 30 Day Slim Down

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • After completing the 30 Day Shred, I am moving on to a rotation created by Jillian called the "30 Day Slim Down". It consists of the 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat/Boost Metablosim. I am not sure if any of you ladies have this combo of DVDs or are able to get access to them, but feel free to join in if you can or want to!

Here is what the program looks like

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

I've taken the last 4 days off from working out after completing the 30DS and I need to get my butt back into gear. Is anyone in??
  • I only have the boost one and plan on buying the 30 day shred soon. I won't be joining, obviously but I look forward to seeing what kind of results any of you get. I might end up buying the third one and trying it myself eventually. Good luck!
  • i wouldnt mind joining in!.. ive just started power90 an need something else to join with it as i dont feel its enought (only lost a pound doing it this week) sooo count me in
  • I'm in. I'll start ... er....aahhh.... uahewjteioqwjtowkljglkasdgjsa.

sorry i couldn't figure out whether to type "today" or 'tomorrow'. I guess I just need to get off my butt so... TODAY! lol :-)
  • I would love to! I have only done the 30DS and Boost Metabolism, but I should def. do the No More Trouble Zones too. I really want to lose 5 more pounds before I go back to school in a month, so hopefully this will help!
  • Yay! Glad to see people are joining in. I did day 1 a few hours ago. After doing the 30ds for the past month, I actually found going back to level 1 was too easy. I might do level 2 tomorrow instead.
  • Quote: Yay! Glad to see people are joining in. I did day 1 a few hours ago. After doing the 30ds for the past month, I actually found going back to level 1 was too easy. I might do level 2 tomorrow instead.
    You could try using heavier weights. I'm going to use 10 lb weights for level 1 (instead of the 2 and 5 lb ones i used the first time around.)
  • I'm starting day 1 of the 30ds tomorrow! Very curious whether I will see a difference after 30 days!
  • just a quick question.. whats quick trouble zones?
  • Yeah I think you're right Quillie . . . bumping up the weights should do it!

BBG - I am pretty sure Quick Trouble Zones is included in the NMTZ DVD. I think it's NMTZ with no floor work. I'm buying the DVD tomorrow so I will let you know for sure.
  • ohhh ok thank you
  • I actually went out and bought those other 2 dvds today, so I'll do it with you!
  • Manda I have a question re JMs DVDs:

I have the NMTZ,and this may be a silly question as I'm not real familiar with Jillian's routines, but is there any cardio in this 30 Day Slim Down?anywhere ?

just curious. I have a goal for dh's bday on 14-Sep.
  • ryzmom - Yes. Jillian likes to combine cardio with strength training because it's more effective. I haven't done NMTZ or BFBM but I've been working my way through 30DS and it's intense, non-stop circuit training for 20 minutes. 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs, three times. It's awesome. I'm sure she incorporates cardio into the other two workouts as well, but I'm not positive.

Manda - Sounds like fun... in a, omg I'm gonna die kinda way. I'm up for the challenge, definitely. But first I want to get through 30DS. I'm halfway there!

I also just bought her Yoga Meltdown which I'm scared of but also looking forward to trying out.
  • Thanks for covering that question for me, Sing! I don't blame you for wanting to finish the 30ds before you'd do the slim down! That's why I did the 30ds first! FYI ... Jillian has a NEW 30 Day Shred coming out Sept 7. You use a kettlebell for it and I think there are only 2 levels! Check out the preview on Amazon it looks IN-FREAKING-SANE:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michae.../dp/B003TJM69C

Ugh how can taking 4 consecutive days off after the 30ds result in being SORE? I went back to level 1 and my butt and shoulders are sore lol. I did advanced on almost all moves though so maybe that's why! Ouch. Oh well, day 2 is about to happen here soon.