Old 08-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Default NSV for my first 5 weeks...

Okay, so I know a lot of us have been down lately. We all go through that at some point. And it's important to look at our "slip-ups" or "off plan" days in order to learn from them, but it's also important to let them go. I know for me, if I dwell on the bad choices I make on occasion, I will quit. This is a lifestyle change. If we approach it any differently, the weight will creep back on us. So I'm encouraging everyone to post their non-scale victories. They could be from today. Or last week. Or last month. If you seriously think about it, you will come up with so many things that you have changed in your life.

For me:
I have not eaten a single "office treat" since I started five weeks ago. I used to eat 2-3 treats a day (cookies, ice cream, whatever anyone brought) 3-4 days a week. That's crazy now that I actually think about it! Now I come to work prepared (with fruit in case I have to talk myself out of a cookie and I also have you guys to do that...thank you!) so I have something healthy to eat instead. This is a big accomplishment for me.

I woke up yesterday with energy. On my FIRST alarm. It used to take 7 alarms and my boyfriend kicking me out of bed (literally...well more like gently push, and I asked him to do it. he's a sweet guy, I swear lol). And last night I did slip-up. Today I did not have the same energy. Correlation: bad dinner = no energy the next morning. I've gotten over it and have learned that.

These are just a couple. I know as soon as I post this I'll think of more. (we did this exercise at a weight watchers meeting and I couldn't think of anything...as soon as I got on the highway to go home, I came up with 10!). Please, share your NSVs!

Last edited by ade903; 08-04-2010 at 05:15 PM.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #2  

I'm adding another one (told you I would think of more)...and I only kinda feel like I'm talking to myself...

I have not taken more than one nap a week since I started. I used to take at least 5 naps a week (2-3 hours, usually after work). This could go under the energy one I posted earlier, but I'm counting it as another one! I'm not sure if it's because I have more energy or if it's because I've been busy shopping or cooking before my boyfriend gets home. Regardless, it's a victory!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Very cool, Ade! Good job!

I would have to say fitting into a 14 dress and finding one that didn't need alterations was just a total victory for me. I haven't been doing all that great lately so I can't really think of any others right now. :/
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Great Job Guys!!

I haven't had a Coke Zero since last Friday (I'm a total addict)
Also, I don't have that "gross bloated why did I eat that crap" feeling before I go to bed at night. I like it when my body feels clean.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #5  

That's awesome, Kay! For those of you who don't stalk the WW thread, she posted a picture of the dress here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-s...-august-2.html and it is really cute.
Casey, I feel you on the coke zero thing...I haven't had one since Sunday (if I have a 12 pack, a fairy steals them all in a couple of days. Like 2). So Sunday is big for me!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #6  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Hey, Ashley, that's pretty amazing, turning down every treat within 5 weeks. That's hard temptation to turn down, but you managed it!

Personally, a good NSV I have is that the majority of the things in my closet fit or are too big! I'll have to go buy a new wardrobe before too long.
Another is what caseygail mentioned, not having that gross "why did i eat crap" feeling, especially before going to bed. I can't remember the last time I felt that way.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #7  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

I have not eaten a fast food meal in 6 weeks, my clothes need replacing, I have saved so much money not eating junk all day, I have gained more confidence (still needing much more though), I sleep less, my rings are falling off my fingers, I have lost 21.5 inches, and my butt looks better all the time.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #8  

five and sarah - I can't wait to be where you are as far as needing new clothes! That's when you KNOW you LOOK different. Feeling different is great, too, but I love being able to NEED new clothes because I have gotten smaller. It's in my future. I can see it I need to cut out fast food. Maybe that'll be my next personal challenge!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181.9/174.5/150

Height: 5 7"

My NSV was fitting into some shorts that I wore last summer without having a muffin top! Yay! A couple more pounds and I'll be able to fit into the clothes I bought at the end of last summer! I never really got to wear them so it will be like getting a new wardrobe!
Mandaloef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #10  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Well done to everyone who has posted so far

I've got a few. I may go overboard. :P

* I am noticing my energy levels are definitely increasing.
* I'm not making excuses for not going to the gym. I have been going 3-5 times a week which is what I'm aiming for.
* When I go out I go dancing, rather than sitting in the corner drinking/eating.
* Majority of my clothes are too big for me.
* I like going out rather than sitting at home in bed all the time.
* I will take the stairs rather than the lift most of the time.
* I tend to pick at food a lot less than I did and if I do I point it in my diary.
* I don't cheat as far as my points go because I have realised I'm only cheating myself.
* I don't go back for seconds (often).

Ok thats it. Sorry there are so many. Been having a few down days so was good to actually think of everything that is making me feel good.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #11  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I really needed this. I was in bed on Monday night and Tuesday night with a sinus headache. Awesome. So I didn't work out those days... Those have been the only 2 days I haven't worked out since I started on like, 6/10.

Okay. Here we go.

-I watch everything I eat.
-I have WAY more energy.
-I look forward to the workout when I get home from work.
-I feel like I acompolished something when I work out and eat on plan all day.
-I've lost 22 pounds. That seems CRAZY to me.
-I'm the girl in my group of friends now that will have to push back plans to make sure I can get my workout in after work.
-When I go out now, my friends eat like ME.
-My DH is slowly changing his diet, too.
-When I started this, I could not run at all. Now I'm doing 20 min runs like its nothing!

I guess it's little things and they really add up!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #12  
Samantha417

I went down another notch on my belt this week
Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Here are a few that I cherish:

The day my daughter was able to wrap her arms around my waist! That's my favorite!!

Wearing high heels and not struggling in them!

Shrinking shoe sizes, went from an 8 to a 6

Being able to shop at any store I want now.

Finding Love!!!!

Having the ability to say "I DID IT!!" And knowing I can do anything now that I set my mind to!

Getting pregnant with my new found love! (Being obese puts pregnancy at high risk!)

I inspired my sister to get healthy! She's down 55 lbs!

Positively influencing my daughter to eat healthy and go for walks/jogs with me.

I could go on and on, but those are the top ones that I am thankful for every day!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #14  

See? We are amazing! Congrats everyone on your accomplishments! I can't wait to add more to my list!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I need some positive thinking today, thanks!

* I put on a pair of pants this morning (bought them 2+ years ago, always planning to lose those 10 lbs.) that have fit recently, but I expected them to be tight taking into consideration bloating.. and they STILL fit, even plus several pounds on the scale.

* I never put two and two together, but now that you mention it.. I was up early 2 days this week, well before my alarm.

* I've managed to keep myself out of Starbucks for a month plus. I feel this one ending soon with TOM approaching, but even then.. one trip in 2 months?! Freaking amazing for me.

I hope to be able to add to this as the week closes and my motivation hopefully materializes.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote