Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #1  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Playing with 5 pounds..

So I havent ever posted here, but I thought it might be a good idea to get some input from people my age!

I am totally playing with 5 pounds.. up a few, down a few. Nothing changes.. Same amount of workout and same diet.. what gives? Feels like I cant get any lower!!

Anybody have similar experience?
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Exact same situation! I'll be very interested to read the responses to this!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/171/140

Height: 5''0

I have had the problem before and the answer is because you have the same amount of workout and same diet lol

Your body is at a standstill and you need to shake that sucker up! lol try totally changing up your workouts..the things you do and even the times you do them..it will super-charge your energy/metabolism and get you back on track!

Good luck and keep us updated!!
MrsCLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #4  
...Live.Your.Dream...

MRSCLS-

I totally get what you are sayin, butttt.. I dont do a standard workout- I go to a bootcamp at 6am before work and 6pm after work, and every day is something completeley different- It is circuit training for different intervals every other day, and kickboxing (again with different intervals each day) the other days.

I have talked to my trainer about it, but she isnt worried because I AM getting smaller- but still.. I would really like to get my to my goal weight! I cant really switch up my times because it is a set class- and I work 8-5 and have a family to take care of! Dang! So frustrating!! Thanks for your response though!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/217/195

Height: 5ft4

I wish we had a weight loss boot camp around here! That would be the kick in the butt I need.

Since you are obviouslly getting plenty of working out. My advice would be to switch your calorie intake around. Sooo say you are doing 1800 calories a day.. Id switch it up all week 1600, 1700,1800,1900. And drinking tons of water helps alot! Alot of times it water weight that fluctuates like that. So I always drink lots of water to keep it all flushed out.
MzHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Could it be that you're body is telling you it's at the weight it needs to be at?

I've overheard a few different woman at my weight watchers meetings talk about this. They stay within that 5 pound bubble for weeks. They're satisfied with their weight loss, how their body has responded thus far and the healthy habits they've built so they aren't complaining. If it's above what their original lifetime goal was, then they talk to a leader to change their goal and go from there.

I can't speak from experience on this, so that's all I've got. I also don't know if you are even close to your original goal or a healthy weight for your build/age/height. So, that's just my two cents...
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #7  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Hey gals- Thanks so much for your responses!!

MiniFluffy- I am not too worried, but it is still hard! One of the biggest reasons I chose to start losing weight was because I have hypothyroidism. So I put on 30 lbs in 6 months, and was totally sluggish and didn’t want to even really live my life. I only found out about my hypothyroidism because my husband and I have been trying for a baby for almost 2 years. Every time we see the OB GYN, he looks at my weight and suggests I lose weight. I am 5’6” so my healthy weight (at the top of the range) would be 155. I am 169. I am proud of myself for what I have done, and continue to do! But I am sure you can relate! Feels like you are doing everything and going nowhere!

MzHopeful- I LOVE my boot camp! I am thrilled with it! If you want to see what it is like, you can Youtube FitWarrior- He posts short videos of the workout. I am in most of them, but you can barley tell who is who! BUT- I am thinkin the same thing about the calories! I actually try to stay under 1400 a day, but I am wondering, with all this exercise if my body needs more. So It is in starvation mode so to speak. I wonder if I am properly fueling myself… if that makes any sense!

MrsD2008-
I understand what you are saying, but I am hoping that this is not the weight it would like to stay at! Lol! I have a big build, so I know I wont ever get tiny. I look good around 140-145lbs. When I was pregnant with my son, I lost 20lbs (started at 140lbs) and I looked anorexic. My frame should not carry any less than 140lbs, in my opinion! But I am nearly 30pounds from that!! I am 23, 5’6”, and have a very curvy build.