Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:26 AM   #46  
I will make time!!!

Hey everyone! So..havn't been here in awile, going to bed after this. Hmmmm, I think this thread is a great idea Jelbb! Traffic and all, I'm kinda late joining. I really hope to be at my goal before school starts again. I did ok to day, pretty well, tomarrow I'm going to have a food journal and count calories. Today was the first day I decided to make a life style change with trying to eat healthy. It should come off and stay off that way.

ONE NICE THING/THING THAT YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF A DAY: ( This is a great idea!)

Well, I decided not to be lazy. My sin is being lazy sometimes. Part of the reason is being afraid I can accomplish something and I need more energy, and need to go to bed earlier. To starting getting stuff done that I want done. I like that I'm planning to get out of my slow habbits and bad time managment skills. I like that I have the gutts to admit my issue to myself today.

Last edited by SnowWolf; 06-25-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #47  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey Everyone,

So I've cleaaaaaarly missed a lot and would love to respond to everyone, but that would be the longest post ever. Haha.

Jelbb Oh my god, that earthquake was weeeeeird. I was in my room and the lamp started shaking and I thought it was a garbage truck or something and then everything started shaking! My dad works on the 11th floor and he said it was really freaky.

tuende That hike sounds amazing. Glad you had a good time.

sotypical I have to go to the mall this weekend so I'm going to stop in. I heard some stores have amaaaaazing deals right now (like an 90 dollar shirt down to 9). I have to go. I can't not go. I just have to promise myself I won't buy anything unless it's a really good deal.

As for meeeeee, I saw 158 on the scale finally! So I changed my ticker and everything. I was pretty excited to see it. My allergies are really bad today and I'm kinda worried about my sister. She's training for a half-marathon with me but her knees have been bugging her. I'm wondering if it's her IT band or something. It happens almost every time we run.

And thaaaat's me. I got paid for work! Yayyyyy. I didn't last time because of a payroll screw up so I was very happy today. (Hence me maybe treating myself on the weekend to some clothes.) Hope everyone's doing well today!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

So, I completely blew it yesterday My mom called me to tell me that she had my cat of 15 years put to sleep. Lately he had been acting up, spraying and peeing anywhere and everywhere he wanted on my mom's new carpet (just so you know, male cats can spray even when they are neutered; this was news to me). He was an indoor cat and hated the outdoors and because of his age this wasn't an option. The humane society would not take him because of his age and told us they would put him to sleep. So, my mom took him to the vet and they ran tests to see if he had a bladder infection or kidney problems and the results were negative. So, my mom and the vet decided to put him to sleep.

I had him since I was 8 years old and we've been through a lot together. At times, he was my best friend and he was always a big part of my family. When I left for college, my little brother took him over and he would sleep with him every night. This has been very hard on the whole family. However, it doesn't help that I am so far away. So, yesterday I just blew it. I had my fiance get us pizza, ice cream, and a movie. It helped a little.

Yesterday was my mourning day and today I am getting back on track and finish moving all of my stuff to my new apartment. I actually weighed this morning (last night I was positive I wouldn't) and I went down .2 lbs. I'm sure with the way I ate last night, it will come back to haunt me.

I'm sorry I've been such a downer. I'm still quite upset, in shock, and a little bit in denial. I actually had to go back in and change my tense to indicate that my cat is no longer here. I think it will really hit me when I go back home in about a week and see he is no longer there.

One good thing I like about myself...**sigh**

I like that I'm getting back on track today after blowing it yesterday.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #49  
Starting Fresh

tuende - the hot pink dress worked a bit, so did the massage! I still think it is incredibly awesome that you get to go all over and teach. Do you go alone? Does your sister go with you? How long do you go at a time? I am drinking starbucks right now, so many calories but sometimes I just don't care. I usually get a Misto - coffee + steamed milk = less calories but today I was bad. And yay on the size 8's! That is AWESOME! Can't wait!

rockstar - like my boyfriend says, it's never a good deal unless you NEED it! hahaha, I don't like the way he thinks. Congrats on the 158!

tropica - sweetheart, oh my gosh, I know how you feel. *hugs* It will take time. The pain will get easier but it never goes up. Wow now I am crying for you and it just dawned on me it will be one year this Sunday we lost Cloe. I guess one year tomorrow but the date is Sunday. Anyway I hope you are feeling better. Sometime it is easier to think they were sick and it was there time, but it doesn't always help. *hugs*

Yesterday was bad for me, had pizza and have left overs for lunch today. I still like I am in some sort of funk - my back is still pretty sore - worse from the massage, going to the chiropractor again in a bit. I never exercised yesterday and won't today. *sigh* And now I keep thinking about Cloe. No fault of tropica's I knew it was coming because I have been dreaming about her.

TGIF everyone! I am going to BBQ/birthday tonight for my boyfriend's cousin's son's first Birthday.

Last edited by sotypical; 06-25-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

tuende-YAAAAAYY that was a really great thing u like about yourself!! talk about positivity

snowwolf- it's ALL bout the healthy eating! i have a trainer and he says it's 80% what and how u eat. so you'll totally hit goal if u stay on track!!

rockstar- 158!! so exciting to see new lows!!! yay for a ticker change keep going girl!

tropica- honey i am so soo sorry to hear about your kitty! that's horribly sad! he will definitely be missed. I'm glad you gave yourself a day off, and you're right it will probably take some time to grieve. good job vowing to get back on track today!

sotypical- no one can snap u out of that funk but you my love! drink lots of water after getting a massage, it releases toxins from the muscles and makes everything feel a lot worse if u don't flush them out with lots of water. have fun at the BBQ!!

as for meeeeeeeee... i did great yesterday until last night. my boyfriend is up for a promotion and had his final interview yesterday, so we celebrated! a baguette, brie cheese, sausage, and beers for dinner. not healthy at all, but it was one day and by no means will derail me. already worked out today, and my arms feel like noodles. everyone... fingers crossed that he gets the promotion!!!

one thing i like about me:
i have fair skin and freckles. ya!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #51  
Starting Fresh

shasha - I hope he gets that promotion! sending him some luck!

I know I need to pull myself out of this funk. Today has not been good eating wise and I can assume it is going to get worse. Hopefully I can have a great weekend and get in lots of exercise, even if it is just a couple long dog walks. I am supposed to go clam digging on Sunday, that should be a decent workout - as long as my shoulder isn't too sore still.

I often forgot how far I have come. Because I have been at this weight for 3 years now it is easy to forgot I was much fatter. I think this is a big part of my problem. I get so frustrated that for 3 years I haven't lost much weight - but I forgot I lost 50 pounds before that and haven't gained it back. I guess that is my good thing about me today, I have lost 50 pounds and I look a heck of a lot better - was just looking at pics!

It Friday and the work day is half done. If that doesn't pull me out of my funk I don't know what will. That and a chocolate chip carmel cookie! hahahaha opps....

Last edited by sotypical; 06-25-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #52  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

snowwolf, welcome!

rockstar, aren't paydays the best? And I mean the kind where you get money, not the chocolate kind . Congrats on the 158! It used to be so exciting for me to drop into the next decade, now it just thrills me to drop to the next pound. I take what I can get... And hey, you forgot to compliment yourself today!

tropica, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Mine had to be put to sleep last November when I was gone and I know it's very difficult. Keep hanging in there. I think it's great to give yourself a break for a day and then to get right back on track!

sasha, hope your bf gets the promotion! It's great to hear people having a higher calorie day and not let it derail you. It usually derails me, but it's something I'm working on!

sotypical, I agree with sasha, only you can get yourself outta that funk! I say do more things to make yourself feel special and important- the pink dress was brilliant, do more things like that! Whatever makes you feel like a badass ! Personally, I like to download really obscene rap songs and rap along. Works every time... but you know, whatever works for you . Also, I love your self-compliment today; 50 lbs is a huge accomplishment, girl! Hopefully it reminds you of how strong you are. Seriously... do you know how many people wish they could even get close to that kind of success?!
As far as the teaching goes, in Kenya I went alone, but went to live with my sister and brother-in-law. So that wasn't too scary because I knew I was going to see family and I had no idea the rest of what I was getting myself into! This time I'm going with a group of 20 American teachers- none of whom I've actually met, but who will probably be a great support system while I'm there. I think some of them are on the same flight as me, so that will be nice too. Kenya was about 3 months, this time closer to 2 months. If this goes well, I'm thinking of looking into a longer teaching gig abroad- I think you usually have to take contracts of either 1 or 2 years. But we'll see .

As for me today, I've been having a pretty great day. I saw 146.2 on the scale today which I was very happy about. I think the scale's finally done bouncing around up to 148 and is on the way down. I also got my haircut today which I always enjoy. And just to tell you how cheap I am, I get my hair cut at the gene juarez beauty school so it only costs $12, but I had a little stamp card thing, so I got a free haircut today! I also bought some coffee ice cream last night which I worked into my calories and carbs for today. It's that new haagen dazs "five" that only has 5 ingredients, so at least it's natural. I seriously haven't had ice cream since probably the beginning of December and even then it was this weird, fake, hot-pink ice cream, so let me tell you I enjoyed every bite of it! I even forced myself to eat some turkey and berries before hand so I wouldn't be putting a ton of sugar into an empty stomach. Maybe I'm delusional, but I'm calling the ice cream an on-plan choice. I'm getting ready to head out to dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I'm actually pretty good at ordering healthy things in restaurants where I go a lot, so I'm not worried about staying on plan there.

Hope everyone had a good Friday. Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

Daily compliment: A physical one today- I have really nice hamstrings. I have hardly any fat on the back of my legs (because it's all on the front!) so you can really see how toned my hamstrings are getting.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #53  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Snow Wolf:
It's really great that you're sounding so motivated m'dear! Keep us posted, I hope things are going really well.

Rockstar:
Ouchhh, I have issues with my IT band. You should try getting her to stretch it out really well before going for the run, and really well afterwards.
Tho, to be brutally honest, running outside is too high-impact for my IT band... it always hurts when I do. However, running on a treadmill is much lower impact, and never seems to bother me in the slightest.

And... I'm so jealous I didn't notice the earthquake! I mean, what an experience, to literally feel the EARTH moving... and I don't even notice! I mean. Come on!!

Congrats on the scale being down to 158, and the ticker move!!!!!

Also, random: I'm going for a coffee with a 3FC girlie from TO on Monday evening, just because we're both all, "Hey, who couldn't use a few more friends in the city...?" You're more than welcome to come if we wanna have a little 3FC Toronto fest, lol.

Tropica:
Oh, honey. I'm so sorry about your kitty. That's seriously the most heartbreaking thing ever; I love my pets, and every time we've had one put down, it's just... broken my heart.
Don't stress about the pizza, I mean... you HAVE to have laid-back "I don't give a **** what I'm about to eat" times, especially during crises.
I know there's nothing to say to make you feel better, but... I always felt a TINY bit better knowing that... my childhood dog had been really old and really ill... and depressed-seeming, and when we put him down... it was kind of a comfort to know he wasn't in any kind of pain or misery anymore. And he had a family member that he loved and who loved him with him when he was put to sleep.

sotypical:
215 to 158. I mean... you're a rock star, lady.
I know what you mean about getting down on yourself and forgetting that you used to be much bigger. I didn't actually think I was THAT huge back at my highest weight, and now I get upset and feel ginormous when I'm 20 lbs LIGHTER than I was then....

It's an unfortunate part of being human that we don't tend to appreciate what we have... and you've done an AMAZING job at taking that weight off and keeping it off. I'm super proud of you, especially for still going at it and being determined to get down to that final goal.

Shasha:
Oooh, good luck to the boyfriend!!!!
Kudos on your arms feeling like noodles, that means you're gonna start rebuilding some of those kick-*** muscles, woo!

Also, I have VERY fair skin and freckles as well. I bet I have more freckles than you.
People always comment on how white my legs are, I'm like, "Ah, THANKS....All the better to see my vains with, my dear..."

Tuende:
Way to go on seeing 146.2!!! I love when you see a new low, and you just know that you're done seeing that pesky high number...! Congrats!
And... I'm a firm believer than ANYTHING is on plan if you work it into your calories. You can't spend the rest of your life denying yourself ALL of the foods that are bad for you, so you might as well learn now how to work things into your diet in a calorie-controlled, functional way.

What the **** is fake, hot-pink ice cream?

And as for me....
I just had deja vu. Weird.

I went to the gym last night without my personal trainer friend/coworker, Demi. She had to train her client, and her client wanted to do it in the evening, so. I went on my own.
Determined not to slack, I boogied on the treadmill for half an hour, then moved to the mat to do 4 sets of different ab exercises (including the evil one where you pass the exercise ball from your legs to your arms and back, stretching your legs out to just above the floor and lifting it back up... god, painful...) Then I did my damnedest to remember all of the leg exercises Demi had me do last time.
Turns out... when Demi's not there to work out with me on the same machines, I don't have the rest time in between sets while she does hers. I just did it like a circuit, moving from machine to machine, to lunges, to machine... and I swear to god, my heartrate was sky rocketing, and I was SWEATING... I really pushed myself. I was doing lunges with weights in my hands, the only girl in the weight area with like 15 guys, and I felt like a tool.. by my fourth set of lunges, I was in SERIOUS physical pain, and hitting the point of fail--- my legs could absolutely no longer support a full, knee-almost-to-the-ground lunge. I'm sure I looked super sexy, my face screwed up in a "Sonova*****..." kind of expression while I shakily lowered myself down...

But my legs feel like Jell-O today, and that's the desired effect! I'm proud of myself for pushing my own body to the limit without having Demi there to push me. She's really gotten me used to the idea of doing 4 sets of everything, and I find that when I have a goal like that, I manage to convince myself that it's not a matter of pushing myself or not... it's just not an option, I am DOING 4 sets of however many reps.

To add to my sense of pride... I went over to a girl friend's house last night and hung out with her and her boyfriend while my bf was out having dinner with his coworkers. They drank beer and ate Sour cream and onion chips (my favourite). I drank Diet Coke, and made jokes about how evil they were for offering me chips, and we had in-depth convos about "The Boy Diet" and weight they've gained while they've been here in Canada. (They're Irish.) But I was GOOD! No chips, no beer! And I ate rather light yesterday.

Soo.. I've been rocking back and forth between 150.4, and 149.8... I saw a low of 149.0 on the scale the other day...
This morning, I'm 147.2. I'm on my TOM, so this may be a water-weight woosh, but I will take it!!! It feels so amazing to see a decent difference on the scale, like my hard work is finally really paying off. Even if the scale bounces up a bit again, I'm hoping I've seen the last of my little forays into the 150s.

My brother's getting married next month and tonight is there "Buck and Doe" (Jack and Jill, Stag and Doe, whatever you wanna call it). I know I won't be perfect tonight, but... I want to have some fun and not stress TOO much. I just won't let myself overindulge on snacky-crap.

Daily Compliment:
I got home late last night, stripped and fell into bed. Woke up this morning, and looked into the mirror as I got up, and my body looked GOOD. My tummy and hips just looked a little more... TIGHT. I feel good!

Last edited by Jelbb; 06-26-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #54  

Jelbb, I don't know what the fake hot-pink ice cream really was... it was in Kenya which I think is enough of an explanation. But they put it in a cone and it only cost 50 bob (about 60 cents) on Wednesdays, so I would eat it . I'm sure I burned more calories actually getting to the "Creamy Inn" than was actually in the stuff. I ate all kinds of crap when I was there and lost tons of weight. Go figure. ANYWAY, your workout sounds intense! I think it's awesome that you can push yourself like that. That is something I definitely had to learn and am still working on. Sounds like you're getting strong, girl! Also, great job with the food at your friend's house AND the 147!! You're doing great!

As for me today... my appetite is back. With a vengeance. I'm not hungry, I just want to eat! It's horrible! It's the worst feeling and I have such a hard time controlling it. Maybe it was the sugar yesterday? I rarely have that much refined sugar, so it might be effecting me. I tried to get out of the house and went to the farmer's market, but I still kept thinking about eating! I'm trying not to go too crazy, but I'm not really counting calories today. With all the random little bites of this and that it's too hard! Also, the scale was inexplicably UP a WHOLE POUND! Are you freaking kidding me? I was well within my calories yesterday, well within my carb range, didn't have anything with tons of sodium. I just can't figure it out. Oh well... I'm just trying to hang on today. I'm going to try drinking water for a while... I don't know why, but water seems to just help everything. Except to do that I'll have to go into the kitchen...
Old 06-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #55  

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!

I haven't checked in for a few days, I've been having a few body image issues related to this new dieting thing. I've never consciously tried to diet before, hardcore style, just really healthy eating drives. I've never really looked at calories and I've always had a pretty balanced body image. Until I started dieting. I think i'm going to quit and try to be happy with the way I am. I don't like what goes on in my mind with calorie counting, I don't like the feeling of guilt I get when I want sometime 'bad', and the feeling of trying to keep calories or bad foods as low as possible as some form of control to prove I can just scares me a bit. Healthy eating is good of course, and I want to carry on with that, but the unhealthy attitude I seem to have developed scares me.

I think I have a tendency to get a bit obsessed about things and I think I might be doing more harm than good with this dieting malarky. DOes anyone else ever feel like this?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #56  

I realized I forgot to say something nice about myself today... funny how that conveniently slips my mind when I'm struggling.

Daily Compliment: I'm a really good teacher! I'm just starting out, but this is an area where I feel confident. I even love teaching math, which it turns out is one of my favorite things to teach. Related to this, I love to learn and know I still have a lot I can learn about teaching!

Claire, I am with you! I was just laying outside, spacing out, daydreaming about the day when I won't think in this obsessive way anymore. It's funny, I never used to have guilt about anything food related and I used to eat some serious crap (and had a serious lack of information about it). Now I have guilt over the most ridiculous things! I do try to keep myself in check and not get unhealthy with the way I think about things. It sounds like it'll be better for you to just focus on healthy eating for a while; you have to do what's best for you!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

jelbb!!! 147 that's soooo exciting!! i'm so happy for you, yay for feeling tight and sexified!! good job woman, see?? that's what i'm waiting for... it's all gotta pay off someday, right? i'm tired of bouncing back u into the 150s too... bring on the 140s already!

tuende-try not to worry too much about what the scale says. there is no way you're up a pound of fat. there's no way you consumed 3600 calories above your maintenance calories in one day. it's water weight from who knows where (the sugar is likely your culprit; it bloats like salt does, and causes a glucose spike that makes u munchy). also, try not to worry about being lax on your CC, once in awhile it's not a big deal. just get back on CC track when you feel it AND THANK YOU for being a good teacher that is all too rare, my friend!

claire bear-i know what you mean. what are you trying to accomplish by dieting? if it's 10lbs that u want to lose, you might want to try doing some muscle building instead. strong leg and back muscles burn a ton of calories, and you don't have to freakishly monitor your intake. having a general idea of nutrition and working on serious toning might be more your speed. good luck lady!

meeeee- thanks for all the support ladies! my weight loss journey and my boyfriend's potential promotion are feeling the love nevertheless, i'm puffy today hahaha. ate waaaaay too much sodium-laden stuff yesterday, and the scale did not like me this morning. ick man, iiiicccckk. so, like tuende i'm drinking a ton of water (tmi: already peed 4 times this morning LOL), and i think i'll up my veggie intake. do a little cleansing. my back is still bothering me (i told u guys i have a back injury, ya?), so i'm going to stretch a bunch and do some of my PT exercises before babysitting my niece this afternoon.

on another matter, i am suuuuper bummed the us lost to ghana yesterday. and then i decided to root for england, and one very clear goal was not given to them. it's a saaaaad day for soccer in my world.

one thing i like:
i have really soft skin on my shoulders
Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #58  

sasha, I never knew sugar bloats like salt! I know it messes with your blood sugar which then messes with insulin and other hormones, but I never knew it could make you retain water. Good to know... I'm sure that was the culprit. Hope you had a nice "cleansing" day... water works every time . When will your boyfriend find out about his promotion?

It's so quiet in here today! I've had a pretty boring day. Yesterday was difficult for me. I ended up eating a ton of food, mostly carbs. The good thing was I stopped eating around 5 pm then felt like burning some of it off and went on a run. I felt like I could run forever. Forever turns out to be around 8 miles. After all of that the scale is back down a pound today. It feels so jumpy lately, so who knows what it'll say tomorrow. I've been really on plan today, so hopefully it'll be down a little. I'm really hoping to see 145.something sometime in the next couple of days! My mini-mini goal is to see 144.something before I leave next Monday. I think I can do it.

Daily compliment: I like the back of my hands. They used to be all puffy and just have those little dimples where my knuckles were supposed to be, but now I can see the tendons moving when I move my fingers. I like that .
Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #59  
Starting Fresh

Happy Monday everyone! I totally never came by this weekend and I am sure you can guess that meant I was not on track. I had a good day planned for today but I totally just realized I forgot my wrap for my lunch. Sooo, I might have to pick something up after my massage. Maybe just some salad rolls or something.

tuende - on the days I drive to work, I blare the music in my car and sign along as loud as I can. That usually makes my day off to good start! I only drive once a week though because it is cheaper to take the bus. It is nice that you get to go with other teachers - so hopefully you wont feel so alone. And two months isn't bad at all! 1 or 2 years would make me a little nervous. I would call the ice cream on plan too, I totally work stuff like that into my day sometimes.

Jelbb - way to go on the AWESOME work out and the scale being down!! wooohooooo!

My scale is way up too, so like some of you other ladies - lots of water for me! I did get a walk in on Saturday and yesterday I went clam digging, so I am a bit sore from that. The clams were DELICIOUS though, oh my gosh - and so big!

Trying to be good today, it started off a bit high but I had the rest of the day all planned nice... until I realized I forgot an important part of my lunch - the wrap! Otherwise I just had a bit of chicken and veggies to go in a wrap. Like I said, might pick up some salad rolls - those aren't too bad calorie wise. Then just eat my carrots and green beans. My back is still sore, its more of an almost itchy pain now. But have another massage today. Some coworkers and I are talking about ordering batches of wine and sharing - just what I need, wine calories! LOL

Sounds like my boyfriend is ordering himself macbook this week - so with it, he gets a free ipod. I kinda said I would give him some money towards his laptop and he can order me an ipod. To help him out with getting a better computer and then I get a new ipod. I really dont need a new one - my water logged ipod works great. But I guess I kinda put my foot in my mouth. I was going to order the exact same ipod that I have and engrave 'Slippery when wet." on the back - a reminder that ipods should not get wet! hahaha - what do you guys think? stupid? Another idea was "Keep away from water and never feed after midnight" (gremlins anyone?) But my boyfriend said that was dumb. Anyway, I really don't need more ipods *sigh* - I wonder if I could get like $50 for my washed one - it works, its just clean. ahhaha doubt it.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #60  

All I have to say is grrrrr.

After being COMPLETELY ON PLAN yesterday, my scale is UP almost 2 LBS today!! 147.9?! What is wrong with me?
Closed Thread