Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Height: 5'4''

I saw this thread a few weeks ago and thought to myself "Ahh I wish I could be out of the 140s... I am stuck here forever!" But I'm excited to say that after 2 weeks on South Beach I'm 138.8lbs! Woohoo! Now on to the 120s!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #437  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Oops, went up a pound today...I think it's definitely related to the fact that I haven't been drinking as much water as usual. And the two skinny vanilla lattes I had at Starbucks yesterday...
Old 10-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #438  
Exercise the Mind

S/C/G: 196/175.7/148

Height: 5'8.5"

Stephanie, you are seriously blowing my mind. Both the numbers and the pics--and you already look amazing, by the way, really toned and healthy. Go you!

I'm sure it's sensible to "slow it down" and all--even though I'd have a really hard time not just taking the loss for a ride and seeing how far it would go. But I'm sure you're right that going slowly'll help you maintain. And the rest of us will just hang out here and try not to be jealous.

Shasha, you're a hero. I'm really glad there isn't a separate 140s thread so we can all hang out here for at least a while. We have momentum going, I think, again!

LillyLover, I saw a recipe yesterday to make your own "skinny" version of the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, and I'm gonna do it as a treat this weekend. You use pumpkin butter, pumpkin pie spice, almond milk, espresso, and a sweetener. I think I could keep that to under 150 calories? But lattes are SO dangerous, right? They're like (one of my many forms of) Kryptonite.

I haven't been on the scale in days--have had to rush out of the house in the morning, and I don't weigh at night 'cause there's too much in flux. I sense things are steady, will hopefully find out tomorrow.

BUT--NSV! I've never measured my waist, in my whole life, as far as I know. But I have this belt, one I wear nearly every time I wear jeans, in the cooler months. It's got these tiny chili peppers working their way around the outside? Have been wearing it for five years, but hadn't seen it since April. Pulled it out of a box yesterday. Put it on.

For the years I've been moving slowly down, from the upper 190s at the beginning to the 165 or so I must have been in April, I had about three to five of those peppers exposed, on the part of the belt that comes through the hoop.

Today? No joke: NINE PEPPERS. I know these last ten pounds have really been visible on my stomach, and I am so thrilled to have confirmation.

Also, new glasses in the mail today--I order them online 'cause they're cheap--and a colleague said to me, "It might just be the glasses, but your face looks so skinny!" So either I have awesome flattering glasses or a skinny face--either way, hooray!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #439  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Rschroed, this sounds like a good day! I'd like some new glasses, haha. I can't believe how I look either, I pulled up my before photos and compared and I'm stunned. It's one of those 'you have to notice it now' moments. There is no doubting yourself.

If any of you are following low sugar, carb, or calorie check this recipe out http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/recipe...kin-Cheesecake I tried it today and it was soooo delicious! Now to keep away from it hehe.

Last edited by StephanieM; 10-06-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies!
I haven't been on 3FC in awhile after completely falling off the wagon this summer, but I desperately need motivation!

After maintaining in the 140's for the last 2 years, I'm back up to the 150's. None of my jeans fit comfortably anymore, not even my 'fat' jeans! It's really disheartening and I'm kinda depressed about it.

I'm hoping to get into the habit of getting on here everyday. Just reading all of your posts is inspiring. Congrats on all the progress so far! I'm looking forward to losing with you

Wish me luck!
Ruby
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #441  

rschroed, I have to admit, I've never had the pumpkin spice latte that everyone loves! The skinny vanilla latte is only 130 calories in the grande size, but for some reason I feel like two of them had something to do with my one pound gain.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #442  
Losing the baby weight

This is why I'm glad I don't work at Starbucks anymore, all the free drinks are detrimental to your weight if your always getting the super yummy ones.

I miss pumpkin spice lattes, but none of that for me until I progress farther

EDIT: Didn't want to make a new post, 153.0 this morning Guess I tried a little too hard to slow down my weight loss, haha. It's probably water bloat from the new foods I introduced. I'm going to go back to what I was doing and just do one thing at a time and see what made me gain.

Last edited by StephanieM; 10-07-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #443  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I REALLY wanted to skip the gym last night- but I made it! Woot! I thought of all you girls for motivation!

I am a little frustrated though...I am almost 95% certain that I am creating a 3,500 cal deficit each week, but I cannot say that I consistently lose a pound per week. It's like I'll fight with the same 3 pounds for a few weeks, then they leave--and this is a vicious cycle, but very frustrating until the finally dissappear...WHAT GIVES?!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #444  

Aggggh weighed in this morning only 0.4 less than yesterday...still stuck at 146
Old 10-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #445  

Lillylover- GET ME TO 146!!!!!!! Try to stay motivated as hard as it is...maybe the starbucks is trying to teach you a lesson! hehe
Old 10-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

erinzest, woohoo!

rschroed, yaaaaaaaaaay for seeing NINE peppers!!! that is so awesome!!! and now your face is tiny too?? exciting! it's totally that you've lost weight but and your new glasses highlight that ya!!

hi ruby! welcome good luck w your weight loss!

lillylover, maybe try to flush the rest of that water weight out by drinking lots of water! try not to get too discouraged by day-to-day weigh ins, weight can fluctuate a ton. it's virtually impossible to (in one day) eat 3500 calories OVER the number of calories that you need to maintain your current weight, resulting in a gain of one pound of fat. it's definitely water weight, and our lovely bodies hold on to water weight for umpteen million reasons!

stephanie, LOL that's kinda funny! didn't want it to "slow" that much huh?? but you know it's just bloat... i'm curious to hear what caused it. man, i'm with rschroed, i would ride that losing wave as long as it let me!

linds, good job making it to the gym when u didn't want to! well done how long have u been at a 3500cal deficit? sometimes it takes a few weeks for your bod to catch up. i've heard it takes as much as 12 weeks to start seeing definition in your muscles, and we all know the scale's a b****. you just have to know that, no matter what does or doesn't happen w the scale, you're making better choices and leading a healthier life. it WILL pay off eventually if you stick to it. but frustrating, no doubt.

i'm good. still didn't drink enough water yesterday! ate a little above 1500 cals too. that's just silly, isn't it?! must do better today.

have a great day all!

Last edited by shasha12; 10-07-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #447  

LindsB, I am boycotting starbucks lattes until I get out of the 140s!! I think the herbal teas are fair game though It's so great that you went to the gym! I'm trying to get my diet under control first before I get back into working out. I tend to get overwhelmed when I try to change too many things at once. What do you like to do at the gym?

Shasha12, I have been eating at a pretty high deficit, so at least it's reassuring that I know I didn't eat 3500 calories yesterday. But that scale, it's vicious sometimes!!

I'm off to go guzzle some more water...leave me, water weight!

Last edited by LillyLover; 10-07-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #448  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Hm.. I haven't been here in a while. So, I WAS in the 140's, but slacking for several months has landed me back in the 150's. Recommitted to my diet & exercise plan about 2 days ago, & since then I've dropped 0.6lbs! Hopefully the numbers keep going down, down, down!!

Today's Weigh-In: 157.6
Old 10-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #449  

Sasha- I've only probably been doing a REALLY good job for 2 weeks.....so your comment gives me hope that my body just make take a little more time to react!

LillyLover- for cardio I either do Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones, Elliptical, jogging (5k), or I do 15 mins on bike, 15 on ellipitcal, 15 on treadmill. I try to mix it up. I do a lot of toning for my upper body and less on legs at the moment. I haven't been very good about doing as much ab work as I should. I naturally have a flat tummy so I tend to neglect it because I can, but I'm vowing to change that starting TONIGHT!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #450  
Losing the baby weight

LindsB, I'm working on the tummy more and more too. I know you can't spot reduce, but I hoped as I worked out everything I would lose all over. I'm 12 lbs from goal and I still have this darn belly.

I'm hoping if I give it more focus it will progress a bit faster hehe.

And I'm sure you've all heard me say this, weight lifting is great! It's made my arms and back look so good. Nice to see definition as they shrink
Closed Thread