3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *Adios to the 150 and 140s!* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/204958-%2Aadios-150-140s-%2A.html)

Kruez2 06-22-2010 01:28 PM

Hey ladies! I just wanted to do a quick reply before I have to leave for the Tampa Bay game. I'm still in Florida so I've been super busy. Nice idea on the new thread btw!

I haven't had a chance to weigh myself at all, but I have noticed a difference in my eating habits. Don't get me wrong, I have ate a few bad things here and there, just not as often as I would of before. I've only managed to work out once here, but I've did plenty of walking in Universal and Disney (13 hours?!). I really hope that when I get home, I dropped a good amount of weight.

Anyways, I miss you ladies and I can't wait to catch up on all of your post when I get back!

*Mwah*

tropica 06-22-2010 06:08 PM

Jelbb:

You know, I think you might be right. I did have a lot of sodium on Saturday & Sunday...but yesterday I didn't and when I WI today, I lost a pound. So, hopefully that was it and the fact that my TOM should be here next week.

Sotypical:

I understand about having tempting things in the house. A few weeks back, I threw all of my Easter candy out or gave it to my fiance. I just wanted it out! If I see something so tempting, sometimes I just can't help myself! So, instead I've stocked on Hershey dark chocolate bars. They're only 180 calories and when I need that "chocolate fix", it does the trick!

crimsons:

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well today, but congratulations on getting to the low 140s, yay! I'm super impressed you maintained such a low weight for so long. That's awesome and I know you can do it again!

Today has been a lot better for me as well. It was nice to see the scale go down a pound. Today was also my last day in lab (I'm a graduate student and manage a Social Health Lab) until August! Hurray!

tuende 06-22-2010 10:01 PM

tropica, welcome! You'll be out of the 150's soon. I'm also a calorie counter and like Jelbb said you'll pick it up quickly, it just takes some getting used to. Pretty soon you'll just know how many calories are in your everyday foods. I use www.calorieking.com to look things up when I don't know. It's been very helpful. Good luck with all the special events. Those always throw me, more because of the social pressure than anything I think.

Jelbb, glad to see you're doing better today. I like sasha's idea about the 5 things too... maybe we should all do this ;). I think that no matter what the scale says, you're definitely getting stronger with all that working out. And having a workout buddy/trainer/*** kicker will at the very least be great motivation!

kruez, sounds like you're having an amazing time on vacation! I'm so jealous of all the heat you're experiencing right now! Be sure to update us when you're back!

Today has been a better day for me. I decided to commit to staying completely on plan, regardless of results on the scale, until I leave for my trip. This is now only 12 more days. I can do it for 12 days and who the **** knows after that. I thinking I'll be fine though- when it's not food I'm used to I have absolutely no motivation to eat when I'm not hungry or eat beyond the point of being full.

I went to a different thrift store and bought a few more things today. I bought some shorts that are a tad small, but I'm hoping will fit perfectly after a month or so in China. I learned that packing trick the hard way living in Kenya- after the first month I had nothing that fit me! Not that I'm complaining, but I did get really good at shopping for clothes in the markets there.

And it's actually SUNNY today, so I'm going to walk my doggie around the block then make some dinner. If everyday could be like today...

claire0412 06-23-2010 03:15 PM

Hey everyone!

Damn the alcohol! My friend finished his degree today so we sat around in the sun drinking champagne, and then I decided a bowl of shreddies was a suitable dinner. I feel a hangover coming on! Good job I don't count calories or I would have a lot of empty ones from the alcohol...

How is everyone else doing?

PS: England won and so did the USA - so we're both through to the next round! Yay!

totsandfries 06-23-2010 03:41 PM

Hey ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining in here.
I just weighed in today at 159.4 .
BTW, I think it was a really great idea to combine the 150s and the 140s thread, I have noticed that the lighter you get the smaller the groups get.
I wish you all the best of luck.

sotypical 06-23-2010 06:35 PM

crimsons - hope you are feeling better. AND YAY for new smaller items!

Kruez2 - hope you are having a good time!

tropica - I do sometimes keep score bars in the house, they are around 200 calories but I love them. And I find them semi-easy to savour. And I don't have to worry about my boyfriend eating them. The problem is, he eats everything. I mean, he has full intentions of eating healthy and he has lost a lot of weight too. But he doesn't seem to understand the idea of keeping something in the house for a treat when we really want it. If it's there, he eats it. Even if its just a little bit every day until it is gone. It's something that really frustrates me haha. So now I try and buy foods he doesn't like! bawhahhaha

tuende - what are you doing in all these fun places??

Claire - I would love a drink too. mmmm

totsandfries - welcome! love your username.

Yesterday I got in a 60min walk with the dog. This morning I did 30 min on my e.bike - yay! Was thinking about another walk with the dog tonight but it looks like the sun is hiding and rain could start. That, and I would love a nap! My eating hasn't been that great - but at least I have been exercise, something I really haven't done for a while. My eating has been horrid - but in the high side and not super healthy options. On the walk back from the Chiropractor today I got a scone, lol. My back feels better - not 100%, but better. He said to see him again Friday and probably again next week and I should be good. He didn't think it would take more then 3-4 visits. I feel like I need a really good massage now though. *sigh*

I wanted to kind do something tonight and was thinking about asking a friend. But seriously, when she sends me emails about all the things wrong with her and wrong with her life (nothing even that bad) - it makes me want to slit my wrists. Okay not really. But seriously, my leg is sore, I'm sunburn and tired and sore and blah blah blah blah blah kill me now. Sorry, now I sound like her. I just find it so frustrating. I dunno what's worse - someone who complains about life or the person who has the best life in the whole entire world and everything is perfect. *sigh* Anyway, after that depressing email from my friend I think I would rather just spend time with me. Sometimes it really sucks not having good friends. Okay, end rant.

Happy Hump Day.

tuende 06-23-2010 08:07 PM

claire, that sounds like a great day- sitting around drinking champagne!! What a way to celebrate!

totsandfries, welcome! Congrats on getting into the 150s! A new decade always puts a little pep in my step :).

sotypical, I'm teaching in these fun places! It's a great profession because you can do it anywhere in the world. The Kenya thing started because I went the first time for my sis's wedding (her husband is Kenyan) then I just kind of got the travel bug. I've never been anywhere before, so everything is brand new and exciting! And I totally get what you mean about friends. I moved out of the college town I was living in and away from all my friends and sometimes I feel like I don't have any friends. The reality is that I do have friends, but we're definitely not as close as we used to be and they all just live so damn far away. Keeping in touch is difficult in the midst of busy lives. I seriously had more of a social life in Nairobi than I do here! I do have one really good friend/soon-to-be-roommate that lives in the same town as me and I am always grateful to have her. Like you, I also get really annoyed at people who complain about the stupidest ****. I mean, I complain about stupid **** all the time so maybe I'm a little hypocritical, but I know and care about people living in extreme poverty and I've never heard them complain about anything!

I had a great day today! I went on a 6.5 or 7 mile hike today to a gorgeous waterfall with my sis. There were some parts that were steep but I never felt like I needed to rest or catch my breath or anything. It was even sunny! I could seriously play around in the forest all day every day if the weather was like this! Sometimes it just seemed fake, how beautiful it was. I've been having a little trouble getting my calories in- for some reason I've just not had much of an appetite. I had a really bad headache last night and then I realized it was probably because I worked out twice, walked the dog and only ate about 1000 calories. Oops. I think I'm pretty low today too, but I haven't really figured it all out yet. Nothing a couple scoops of almond butter couldn't solve ;).

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!

Jelbb 06-24-2010 10:09 AM

sotypical:
I use Tresemme, but I'm not sure it's the best kind; it's actually quite a cheap brand. I may look into finding another kind soon, mebbe go to a Beauty Supply Outlet.
I'm the same; I dye my hair blonde, and I blow dry it and straighten it every day. Horribly bad for your hair; one of my girl friends just gave me that John Frieda strengthening Blonde shampoo and conditioner for my birthday. I'm hoping it'll help keep my hair from breaking and cut down on split ends and such....

crimsons:
Under 110 at 5'5"?? Lady, you were shockingly teensy.
Well done on the weight that you've lost tho, it's always horrible trying to keep the weight down during major life crises. Yay for getting outta the fat clothes. :)

Kruez:
Hey, even if you're not perfection personified when it comes to your eating habits, at least there's a change. That's what we're all striving for-- the longterm changes that are going to eventually make a big difference. I never think that a crash diet of eating 1100 calories a day of vegetables and servings of 4 almonds is the best way for me to lose and KEEP OFF weight, because it's simply too difficult to maintain.
I haven't been perfect eating-wise lately, but I've been better... and I've been working my butt off at the gym 3 times a week. It's enough to start, and we'll see where things go from here. :) My motivation usually picks up when I really start seeing results.

Tropica:
Boo for the TOM, mine just started as well. :/

Tuende:
China? Kenya?
Jesus, lady. Can you see me turning green? The envy here is palpable.
I love travelling, but I've only had the time and money in around college to do the Ireland/England thing so far. Hopefully that'll change in the future!
Kudos on deciding to stay on plan for the next 12 days, regardless of what the scale says. Sometimes it's aggravatingly un-accurate, and it's better just to ignore it. I've been working out religiously and intentionally destroying my muscles, and the scale hasn't moved like.. at ALL. But my clothes are definitely starting to fit better. I wish you the same awesome realization, whether the scale moves or not!

And I agree. I'm gonna add in Shasha's idea in my post, we should all start doing it.

Claire:
Champagne... okay, that's sugary and icky. But hey, Shreddies is a far cry from a binge of a meal for dinner, it's defo not McDonald's so... it may not have been nutritionally epic, but I say "Well done" anyhow. :p

totsandfries:
WELCOME! :) Congrats on getting into the 150s! :carrot:

sotypical again:
Hum. Sometimes it sucks having someone just... complain too much about the small things. I guess it boils down to whether she does nothing BUT complain about the small things. I think I'm guilty of doing that sometimes as well. Focusing on the negative.
But going out with girl friends is a chance to spend some time being positive and enjoying each other's company! Sounds like you need to find one of those girl friends. Sadly B.C. is a far cry from Ontario, so I don't think we'll be chilling anytime soon. :p

Tuende again:
I <3 you. But I HATE when people say they have a hard time getting their calories in, lol. I'm just so bitter, I'm like, "OH REALLY!? Come live in my world, I can shove half of the crap that I want to eat all day into your face and you'll get more than enough calories!" :p
I'm actually just jealous; I wish that my appetite was lowered. Even when I'm not physically that hungry, I still just want to eat... it's a bad bad habit.

As for me...
There was a small earthquake here in Ontario yesterday. I was pissed. In my life, there have been about 4 or 5 earthquakes around here. And I have NEVER felt one. I always sleep through them. Yesterday I was in a moving vehicle when the earthquake rocked the area, so the four of us in the car must just have thought the road was a little bumpy, not that the crust of the earth was shifting... because we didn't notice anything. My boyfriend was sitting on the toilet at work when his whole building started shaking. Everyone evacuated, the streets of Toronto were flooded with people standing at the bases of their skyscrapers, staring up at them in disbelief, like, "Were you just moving?"

Sweating the Small Stuff:I texted my boyfriend at 3:30 yesterday afternoon to tell him I love him, and waited a bit for a reply. When I finished work at 5, I hadn't heard back from him. I went to the gym. At 7:30 when I finished at the gym, he still hadn't texted me. I knew he was going to finish work and go out to a pub night that his office was having. I had asked him yesterday morning just to keep me posted on where they were headed/what time he thought he might be home. I drove the commute home and showered, made plans with a girl friend. Still hadn't heard from him. I left to go pick up my friend at 9 pm. We went to a movie at 10 pm and got out at around midnight. I got home at 12:30 am after dropping her off. Still no word, and he wasn't home.

I was actually starting to get worried at this point. I wondered if anything had happened, if he was okay, or if his phone had just died... I paced our room for a bit and finally called his cell. He picked up and I could hear bar noise in the background as he said "'Ello?"

I was just so angry, I just hung up. He rang back, and I didn't pick up.

He didn't get home for another two hours, and when he did, he turned on our bedroom light (with me in bed, having been asleep) and stumbled around for his phone charger, trying to tell me drunken stories from the night, while I was clearly, by this point, in a tear-ridden state of irrational rage at his inconsideration for my feelings. He knows I'm not a compeltely happy camper right now (depressed would be a good word), and that I'm not very secure and comfy in our relationship because of how I feel about myself, and he knows that it's important to me to hear from him during the day, I just... find it even more painful to hear his justification that he "didn't think about" texting me.

Anyhow. He apologized this morning. I'm sure I overreacted last night, but... am I crazy for finding the whole thing upsetting?

In other news, Toy Story 3 was adorable, and edge-of-your-seat-ish at times, which is impressive for an animated second sequel. I bought water and only ate a few of the M&Ms purchased by my girl friend.

Got my butt kicked at the gym last night as usual. My chest muscles are achey. Going to the gym again tonight to do my damnedest to injure my legs with ten billion lunges and squats. Feel like my clothes are fitting a bit better, and that just looking at my figure in the mirror feels less painful; like the sloppiness of the weight I'd gained is starting to melt away.... didn't weigh myself this morning, I didn't want to see 149.8 or 150.4 and feel discouraged. I know I'm on the right track one way or the other, so I just need to... keep doing what I'm doing, and somehow find the motivation to stop stuffing my face with food I don't need. :)

*End longest post ever*

Oh, last but not least, the new addition that I encourage every lady to do each post, as suggested by Shasha...

ONE NICE THING/THING THAT YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF A DAY:
Last night, when I got all dolled up and did my hair to go out with my girl friend, I looked in the mirror and felt pretty for the first time in a while. I think now that my TOM has actually started, some of the pre-TOM bloat in my face has gone away, and I felt pretty good. :) I even noticed getting checked out a few times at the mall/movie theater we went to. :)

shasha12 06-24-2010 12:16 PM

hi ladies!! sorry i've been MIA the past few days... WORLD CUP BABY!!

Kruez–Good job!!!!! I always end up indulging too much on vacation or special occasion days, so I'm super impressed w you!!

tropica–down a pound is always a good day :) yay u!

tuende–CHINA?!?! how exciting!!! what a chance of a lifetime, i'm so happy for you that you're getting to do that AND are on your way to a healthier you. soooo amazing!! good job getting your exercise in, careful with your eating, u don't want to run out of energy. Well done!

totsandfries– WELCOME!! get in here and post, lady!

sotypical–what did u do to your back? i have back problems too, no fun! good job getting some exercise in, and as long as you're not eating horribly i'm sure you're fine. I don't understand the email thing... maybe you've talked about this before i was here so i didn't hear about it, but... your friend is venting to you about stuff going on with her? but it's too negative for you to hear? is that because you don't think it's that bad, or bc it is bad and you feel for her, and that's too much for you? was she saying her leg is sore and she's sunburnt, or was that you? i'm confused. it sounds like you're saying that she's complaining and its frustrating bc her life isn't that bad, and that you've got your own problems... is that about right? i think i would be careful to judge how bad things are or aren't with someone else, or how big a deal something is. she might really be going thru something. i have a cousin who constantly has something new wrong w her, and is always kinda making it seem like her world is in crisis. It's annoying, so i get what you're saying. But she actually feels like that, which is even sadder. you know?

jelbb–it amazes me that you're so lovely and positive in your responses to everyone else, but when it comes to yourself you can't do the same. babe, do you even realize that ur thing that you like about yourself was a back-handed compliment? you said you felt pretty, then u said it was bc you weren't so bloated. NOT ALLOWED! the thing u like about yourself doesn't need to be explained. "i felt pretty and noticed dudes were checking me out" ––done! :) see what i'm saying? you already know all the reasons why you're not perfect, u need more reasons why you're happy w yourself. I LIKE THE EFFORT, but next time no explanations in your "thing i like" section. ok?

also, wtf! your boyfriend should have text you back, and i would have called him a **** of a lot sooner than midnight! and when he answered, i would have yelled, not hung up. stand up for yourself mama! that was inconsiderate and disrespectful. tell him that. I am your woman, freaking act like it. Don't let that make you feel bad, he should feel bad for being such an ***. If you aren't your own number one, your man will always treat u like number 2. just food for thought :D

TALK ABOUT LONG POSTS!! Well, I'm doing ok. On plan with eating, and doing my back exercises, and I was down a little bit on the scale this morning :) keep on keeping on, right? haha

shasha12 06-24-2010 12:18 PM

OH CRAP! ONE THING I LIKE ABOUT MYSELF:
i have giant hands! they're seriously rather large for a chick, and i used to be a little self conscious of them in high school, but now i think they're cool and almost a little comical. i like that i like my big hands :)

sotypical 06-24-2010 12:22 PM

tuende - that is so amazing! It's funny how jealous I am, but really nothing is stopping me from picking up and moving somewhere else I just don't have the guts. SO WAY TO GO! I think it is so amazing the way you get to experience your life. My boyfriend talks about moving - and not even far - and I start freaking. I want to but at the same time the thought of finding a new job scares the crap out of me.

And I agree about feeling like a hypocrite - I complain too but sometimes it's like like, SERIOUSLY! Tell me something good for once. Last year she would complain and complain - meanwhile my dog had just suddenly died. It's like she has no compassion for me. Or maybe I don't make my own issues known enough to her. Now I just ignore her - especially in emails or texts or write back with something worse that is happening in my life lol. She is always sick, she misses more time in a month at work then I miss in a year for being sick. And it's always something totally crazy and random. Anyway, now I just sound like her! lol

Jelbb - I didn't feel like spending a bunch of money so when I was in walmart I got some Tresemme because it was $4! lol I got the refreshing mist too. I tried it this morning - I dunno my hair looks not bad, it has more volume then normal, but feels kinda gross and looks a bit off. But only to me. Probably better then the baby powder though! I would love to go to the Beauty Supply Outlet but you have to have someone with a card to get in there and sadly the only person I know is away right now - but I think I will make her take me when she gets back, there is other stuff I want. But that's not for a couple months.

I must draw the wrong people or something - or don't put in enough effort I don't know. I just need a good girlfriend I click with or something who's whole world doesn't revolve around eating and complaining. OH! And someone who can drive themselves, because I am sick of picking up said fat and complaining friend. LOL I guess my demands are too high.

And your boyfriend and texting thing. I TOTALLY COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND! There have been lots of time I have texted my boyfriend and I don't hear from him and it makes me feel like crap. I think why is he ignoring me, what did I do make him mad, why is he mad at me. And it goes on and on and on. Then he comes home and nothing is wrong. And to be honest, we have been together 6 years this August and I never tell him I love him. Because I can't deal with the rejecting of him not saying it back. I KNOW he loves me but he has a really hard time saying it. He told me once and said he was sorry that he doesn't say it but he really does. And once for Valentine's day I got a card that said "I the L word you very much" and he signed it, I don't say it but I do. I guess it just hard for him. Sometimes I really wish he would say it though... he shows it in his own ways though. Anyway long story short - I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! Sometimes I hate texting messaging for that reason.

I feel off today. Like in a haze. My back hurts just the same as it did yesterday before I went to the chiropractor and I am so tired. I had a horrible attack of allergies last night - I took the dog for a walk regardless. I dunno about today - I have some cleaning I want to do and we need to get a present for tomorrow so I might take today off. I hope I snap out of this funk though. I did wear a hot pink dress in hopes to feel better hahaha, I look better then I feel at least. Man I am good at complaining today lol.

sotypical 06-24-2010 12:34 PM

shasha - you and I are posting at the same time. I am not really sure what I did to my back, the guy said it was just from sitting at the computer at all day. It started around the time I was preparing for my road test - so stress and sitting in the car a lot probably started it, but who knows. Co-worker thinks I should go back today because it hurts again.

With my friend is totally is just that, I am sick of hearing it. I don't care - I feel bad that I don't care. But it is exhausting keeping up with her and all the things wrong. I admit that my world isn't peachy - and there has been a lot of crap in my life this year with my family and my Mom. And she just dumps this stuff on me that doesn't even seem to matter. Sometimes it really is serious but most of the time it's stuff that happens to me on a daily basis and I feel like shaking her and going "WAKE UP! THIS IS LIFE!" Like the other day she was complaining that her cat woke up at 12am cuz it had a hair ball. I mean, that is stuff I just leave out of general conversation lol. I honestly think sometimes she just wants people to feel sorry for her. This is going to sound really horrible, but I think I have no compassion for her because of what has been going on with me. Also, she eats like crap and is lazy as s*** - so when she tells me her legs hurt and her stomach hurts, it's like DUH! Or that her blood sugar is low or hight, well slugger - do something about it!

YAY for the scale being down!!! congrats!
Mine is down from last week but still up from my ticker. Whatever. Maybe my eating will be good today, lol. Now the boyfriend is talking about going for dinner. I honestly don't care, like I said earlier - I feel off.

shasha12 06-24-2010 12:58 PM

sotpyical–she sounds like a negative nancy. it's clear from the way you talk about her that she annoys the poo outta you. have you ever tried to talk to her? in a nice way say something about how she's been complaining a lot lately, and you're trying to make positive life changes, so listening to her trips you up, etc. it's obvious that you care about your friend, or else none of this would bother you, u wouldn't care. i always say, the opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy.

sotypical 06-24-2010 01:15 PM

shasha - this going to sound horrible, but sometimes I don't think I do care. She is fine in person, I have a good time hanging out with her but sometimes I can't stand talking with her over email/texting messaging. This is going to make me sound really bad - but - sometimes I think it's just because she is my only friend - so I put up with it. *sigh* My own fault.

On a happy note, I found a registered massage therapist right by my book who was free today - so I made an appt during my lunch break. I love extended medical. Wish I had of been taking advantage of it all these years.

ALSO. damn lululemon - has all hew loot! There is a pair of crops I really want. I tried them on in store and wanted them but my little sister wouldn't let me buy the same pair, secretly I think she was mad I had the smaller size lol. I really can't be buying them right now. *sigh* Hopefully they still have them in a few weeks.

tuende 06-24-2010 07:15 PM

Jelbb, I know I'm annoying with the low calorie thing. I only mentioned it because it's so abnormal for me! I usually feel hungry during the day, but the physical hunger I can manage so that I can stay on plan. But I definitely get that I-just-wanna-eat feeling and it gets me into trouble too! So having less of an appetite has been a weird experience for me! RE the scale: mine's not moving much either! I've been bouncing around between 146.5 and about 148 for the last week. There really seems to be no logic too it. Sometimes, it just seems best not to think about it that hard ;).
I hope you've had a chance to talk with the boy and are feeling better about the situation. I don't think you overreacted at all. Your feelings are your feelings; there's nothing wrong with them. He should make you feel like the beautiful, amazing woman that you are, instead of making you feel insecure about yourself and the relationship. If he can't do that, I think that's his problem not yours. Maybe you can take out some of your anger/frustration in the gym. Working out always gives me that I-am-woman-hear-me-roar feeling :)!

sasha, keep on keeping on is right. I love all the positive energy you are bringing!

sotypical, I LOVE that you wore a hot pink dress today to give yourself a little boost. Did it work? About the travel stuff, I used to be so scared of everything too. I went to community college for 2 years because I was too scared to move to a town an hour away from home! I learned so much from my brave little sister- she lived in Kenya for a year and was totally fearless about it. She's even the one who taught me to navigate Kibera (a slum of Nairobi where I was teaching)! I saw her really living her life and thought that I could probably do it too. I learned a lot from the Kenyans too- the biggest thing was that sometimes you have to just take life as it comes. If you don't have a plan, so what? You have to do what feels right. This is kind of the complete opposite of American logic and it was good of me to live this way, if only for a few months.
About the friend thing, sometimes the best thing to do is just move on. I've had to cut ties with a few people for similar reasons. Not that we had a big falling out or anything, but I just chose not to interact with them anymore. Like you said, they were exhausting to try to stay friends with and ultimately, that totally outweighed the good things about them. Maybe do some things where you can meet new people? I know this is hard, but maybe it'd be worth it?
Hope you enjoyed your massage!

My day today... pretty successful! First of all, Mt. Rainier was out which always makes me happy. I went shopping and got some awesome deals AND was fitting into size 8's! What? How is this even possible? I also figured out how to get in my calories today: Starbucks! I got a grande latte thinking, more milk= more calories. I forgot this also means more caffeine! So, I'm now completely wired!! Perfect time to walk my dog in the sun!

Daily Positivity:
Well, thinking about this I've realized there are actually a lot of things I like about myself. I like how I've learned how to not let fear get in the way of opportunities. I feel like I'm really living my life now, which I never really felt before.

Another long post... we just have so much to discuss :)!