Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #16  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Jelbb - I know exactly how much it sucks to get into one weight to only go back up. It happens to me weekly. lol - I am sure in your case it is from TOM and your sore legs. It will be back down in no time! We hit a very expensive car once. OMG. We hit in my car but my boyfriend was driving. The guy called me and I cried and cried and he told he didn't care. We really hit it, right down a whole door and back panel we rubbed it when turning. Anyway he lead me to believe he wasn't going to do anything about it. Few months later we got a letter saying we owed $800. For what we did it wasn't that expensive, and for an Audi but still lol. I feel your pain!

Kirjava - wow what an awesome trip! when do you leave for that?

tuende - still no sun? we had a beautiful day here yesterday and today looks like it won't be too bad!

Claire - welcome! BBQ's are great for dieting in my opion! One of the healthiest things to do. All the fat gets sucked out and dripps into the BBQ. Grill some meat, veggies make a salad - nice light, delicious meal with no clean up! Love it!

Cally - you will for sure fit into into clothes. I have been wearing them for a long time since the 150's. Some of their stuff is a bit tight on me - but I can fit into the pants, crops, regular hoodies - it's just the thinner hoodies that are a bit tight; I can wear them though.

Fashin - I agree. We really need to focus. Yesterday was a diaster for me. So was friday. Today isn't starting off that great! lol *sigh*

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had my dad over for a bbq last night I made him a nice steak dinner. And a homemade pie - that I made him take the rest home. Not sure what the plans are for today. I need to do something with my step dad. And my dad had said something about going for a pub lunch with my grandpa. blech, I should go for a walk or something. Maybe around the lake; that's a good 11km. The dog might need to be carried for a few days after though.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #17  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Look at us on pg 2 already!

fashin, thanks for the encouragement. You're right on... I'll just have to keep that in mind when that cousin inevitably opens her mouth . I'm actually thinking I'm going to eat before and save about 200 cal's to eat there. I don't think I'll be able to find much food that's on plan for me and hopefully they won't bother me too much about it.

claire, 4th class sounds great! How did you end up in Austria? I'm a substitute teacher right now, so I do k-8th grade. I was filling in for a teacher on maternity leave in a 3rd grade class which I LOVED. 3rd and 4th grades are my favorite to teach! that's nice you have your bf on board for encouragement. That must be helpful! Also, I love how you say the rest of the weight will be a "doodle." I'll have to keep that one in mind .

sotypical, still no sun! Can you send some down? Please! I think by Wed it should be nice here. You sound like a wonderful daughter cooking for you dad like that. I go over to my dad's house and make him cook for me! Well, I helped. A little. He's just such a good cook! That long walk sounds nice, especially if it's sunny out!

Well, I'm getting ready to eat then head out for a bbq at the lake in the pouring rain. Fun fun. I'm trying to be a little more positive and not go into it with negative expectations.The funny thing is that I don't really even want to eat all the off-plan food I know I'll see today. I just want to get out of the whole thing with my calorie budget in tact... we'll see how it goes .
Old 06-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #18  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi everyone!

Love the new thread. I don't know if I'll be trying to get out of the 140s yet, so I love the idea of combining the two.

I'm doing better than I was last week I guess. I'm staaaaaarving right now, haha. I just went for a run (a crappy run because of my bleeping allergies), and now I'm waiting for dinner. my weight's hovering between low 160s and high 150s and I'm just ready to be permanently in the 150s now. I hate flip flopping between, y'know? It makes it less legitimate or something. I'm worried I won't get to train enough now and meet my half marathon goal. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't (since it is my first one) but I would really like to give it a real shot. I need to get back into my groove.

tuende How'd the bbq go? Family's can be pretty overwhelming. My uncle was the first person to point out I was gaining weight when I was 14. He told my mom (he meant well) and then she kinda got on my case more because she knew other people were noticing. I love my uncle and he's the first one to comment on how great I look and stuff, but I still kinda always wonder what people would say if I gained the weight back. *sigh* Families.

sotypical Every time I go into the store I buy something now. I'm using it as my reward for weight loss. It's the only way to keep myself in check. i have two pairs of the flashback pants and they're loooooove. My mom got a pair too and she lives in them now. I got a lot of money for my birthday so I"m gonna get myself a pair of still pants and probably something else when the time comes. I'm in my stride jacket right now (put it on after my run) and it's to diiiiiie for. Seriously, I used to hate anything to do with clothes. What has happened to me? Another part of my half-marathon goal is to be wearing a size 8 in my run shorts by then. Kay. Done talking about clothes. Good luck in your biggest loser thing!

Claire Welcome! At least your boyfriend is healthy! Now I can't imagine dating someone who wasnt' at least as healthy and active as I am. I'd gain weight for sure. Consider yourself lucky!

Cally Don't go into lululemon. You'll become addicted. Haha. Seriously though, why wouldn't you fit into the clothes? You totally would. And they make tall lengths in their pants and do free hemming and they have different styles of jackets and almost all of it's super flattering. It is expensive so like...I buy things that are really functional at full price. Like my favorite running shorts and this jacket I got with built in little mittens for cold running days. But yeah, definitely worth it. I hate clothes shopping (or I did) and now I'm addicted. Haha.

Jelbb Thanks for creating this thread! It's a great idea! Congrats on hitting the 140s. And seriously, just try and relax about the car thing. My friend did the exact same thing and the person never ended up calling her. I guess they just didn't think the damage was worth it. It's probably not as bad as you think. Try not to stress over it. You did the right thing and it'll be what it'll be.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

claire, you are lucky to have a healthy boyfriend! Mine is pretty supportive, but it makes things much easier when he's watching what he eats too.

Courtnie, the weekend wasn't great for me either but back on track today right?!

tuende, how did your family cookout go?

rockstar, my allergies have been killing me too. And I know exactly what you mean about bouncing between the 150's and 160's- I'm so ready to say goodbye to the 160's for good! Great job on the run, even if it wasn't your best at least you went!!

This weekend was pretty much a 3-day binge. Everyday was 2,500 calories or more . I didn't eat awful food, just waaay too much. The scale this morning said +.5 lbs from Friday, but that's still down 1 lb from last week's official WI. I'm hoping if I'm really good for the next few days that I can undo some of this weekend's damage. We'll see! I hope you ladies are having a good start to the week!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #20  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Tuende:
Haha, okay, Greensleeves is totally a Christmas song in my mind. Who plays Greensleeves in June??
Ugh. Hope the BBQ went better than you were anticipating! I can definitely imagine how the nickname "skinny" would sound condescending from the right person and with the right inflection. I totally understand what you're saying about feeling like you don't want anyone to even notice your body since you spent so long hoping they wouldn't... but at least your family are noticing the wonderful changes you've made... even if the comments are a bit overkill. I bet you look fantastic!

Fashin:
Gotta have those off-plan days, hope you enjoyed it!

Claire:
Ridiculously healthy, geez, you should see what my boyfriend eats, it's insane. Does your boyfriend go a little overkill with the support?

sotypical:
I'm hoping that it's just water weight... TOM is coming up in mere days, and my muscles are ALWAYS sore these days. As soon as something mends and feels okay again, I'm back at the gym having my girlfriend (slash personal trainer) rip my muscles to shreds again!
I really can't wait to start seeing a difference, and while he would NEVER admit it, I feel like my boyfriend's cheerful support is masquerading as a strong desire to see me get more fit, and less flubby. That may just be my own self-loathing kicking in tho. He checked out a girl in a tight skirt in a semi-obvious way when we were driving yesterday, and I actually started crying. He may think I'm insane now.

That's a lot of father's day lunches/bbqs there, lady. Hopefully you got in that nice walk around the lake to counteract it, but even if you didn't.. everyone needs treats from time to time on special occasions.

rockstar:
Thanks for the kind words m'dear. And I'm glad people are liking the combo thread!

As for me...
Well, Marc finally called. Who is Marc, you ask? Marc is the owner of the Toyota Corolla whose bumper I put a big fat dimple in. Thankfully, he was REALLY nice, told me to calm down, and stop apologizing, that it was no big deal... and thanked me for being honest enough to leave a note. He said he went out with some friends after getting my note, and one of them was talking about how someone dented in his door once, and left a note... and all it said was, "Sorry about this." with no number or anything. Eesh!
So, he's gonna get a quote or two, and I'll pay to have it fixed, no harm, no foul. Sucks, because I'm a student and already majorly in debt... I could've desperately used that money for MANY other things, including... y'know, groceries, but. **** happens, life goes on I guess.

I've been rocking a bit too much of the self loathing these days, and as I mentioned above to sotypical, I may have scared my boyfriend with my irrational overreactions this weekend. Lately I feel like the weight I've gained back, and the way I feel about myself is turning me into a controlling girlfriend. I worry all the time about how attracted he is to me, and how he feels about me (despite him telling me that he loves me, and asking WHY he would have moved CONTINENTS and come from Ireland to Canada just to cheat on me-- fair point.). He tells me he's attracted to me and all, but... I know that he'd be happy with me losing the extra weight and getting very fit.. what guy wouldn't? The problem lies in the fact that I'm not looking at things logically.

Would I be happy if he got super buff? Sure. Would I be upset if he didn't? Course not. But in my mind, I think that he's not happy with how I am now, and really WANTS me to get fit and thin.

Anyhow, the real issue arises in that... because I feel so bad about myself, and worry so much about his level of interest, I stress about other women. I shouldn't. But I can't help but feel horrible awful stupid jealousy over the fact that he admitted that two of the girls on his team at work are "attractive." I can't help but feel jealous when I see him check out a girl in a tight skirt. I can't help but feel worried and uneasy when all the "lads" on his all-irish soccer team go out and loudly proclaim "No WAGS tonight!" and make (half) jokes about picking up cougars. (WAGS= Wives and girlfriends).

I don't want to be THAT girl. The one who doesn't want her boyfriend to go out with his friends, or gets her knickers in a knot if he TALKS to another woman... and I feel like the foundation for all of my irrational jealousy is simply feeling bad about myself. If I felt attractive, and felt like my boyfriend knew he had a hot girlfriend back home, I don't think (I hope that I wouldn't) have the same insecurities.

I just... so desperately want to NOT be upset by any of this stuff! Last night we went to the movies, and we hadn't eaten dinner. He got a poutine (for all you non-Canadians, that's french fries smothered in cheese and gravy). I considered getting popcorn, but from my intense calorie-counting days, I know that even a small buttered popcorn is 600-700 calories, and I wouldn't have the restraint to stop. But I wanted a treat, so I got a KitKat since it's 1/3 of the calories. He was at another counter, and I chucked the KitKat in my purse. Halfway through the movie I pulled out the chocolate, and offered him some of it, and he turned it down... and I sat there eating it feeling JUDGED. I think I was judging myself, really, but... having him know that I'm working on losing weight makes me think that every time I eat something unhealthy results in him silently evaluating my choices. ****, he might not be doing that at all, but... I feel like I have diet police now. =/

In other news, I was 150.4 this morning. Aaaawesome. Fairness, I wasn't hydrated, my back muscles are screaming in pain, and my TOM is coming up... so I'm hoping it's water retention.

Something that really grates on my nerves is that... when I don't work out, and control my weight loss with diet alone, I lose weight fairly quickly. However, when I work out, the scale never seems to want to budge. At least nowhere near as quickly when it's just eating-focused... it makes me give up on working out way more quickly than I should, because I'm too obsessed with seeing the scale move, you know?

My GOD, this is a long post. SORRY!

Last edited by Jelbb; 06-21-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

Hi ladies! I'm jumping in

I was in the old 150s forum, but I haven't been on 3FC for about a month and a half now! I know, soo bad...The good news is that I've maintained at about 150 with pretty much NO effort.

So, I have another 20lbs to lose to hit my goal weight, plus PT for an old back injury, and general toning and strength training. I'm hoping to hit goal around October/November. Back on track today!

It's so nice to see everyone on track and encouraging each other with every post. I'm glad to be back!

Jelbb~ I've been there. I remember the days of munching on popcorn or candy while my boyfriend politely declined. There I sat, shoveling junk into my hole and feeling incredibly guilty and fat and judged, while he didn't give it a second thought (bc let's face it, guys don't overanalyze things like us). I've been the girlfriend sitting at home worried about him being out with friends on "boys night". I've done it all, and I'm sure we all have... You know the answer to this dilemma, bc you mentioned it in your post... the real culprit here isn't the boy doing anything wrong, it's you and your self-loathing. When I had this problem, I figured out that it was a dip in self-esteem that was making me feel so awful. So, I decided to find 5 new things every single day that I like about myself... anything from I have cute toes or a nice smile, to I'm a freaking whiz at sudoku puzzles. And then, anytime self-loathing feelings creeping up, I'd remind myself of those 5 cool things. I found that while I was focusing on the positive, slowly but surely, the negative melted away. And all of a sudden, I was enjoying quality time with my honey instead of worrying whether he could feel my love-handles. Hope this helps
Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #22  

Height: 5'8

Hey guys!

Jelbb - I completely understand what you mean. We haven't been together that long (actually only 2 months) but he's really into nutrition (his whole family are apparently), trains for decathlons and ran the half marathon a whole 30 mins faster than me (whoops). If I so much as mention I want to eat healthier, he will tell me everything i've ever wanted to know about what I should eat. I sometimes think he's trying to subtly tell me to get my arse in gear and tone up a bit.

I'm not sure if I'm being irrational though, because he's also told me I don't need to lose weight but if I want to eat healthier he can help me by making bets with me. Current one is not to eat any chocolate, sweets, cake, Diet Coke etc etc for a whole month. Part of me still thinks he wants me to drop a few pounds though!

So, I'm sure we are both being irrational - it's just difficult not to think it sometimes I suppose. Especially since i've been the other side of the coin and know I was secretly (and not so secretly towards the end) hoping he'd lose weight. I think as long as they are not the one suggesting the diet, they are just being supportive?

Have a good day everyone! Mine has been very on-track but only because I was at work and then at uni, so no time to be bad!

Claire
Old 06-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #23  

I'm in a bad mood today. Probably shouldn't start with this statement, but I'm just putting that out there. I'm annoyed with people who don't give a ****, don't return phone calls, can't even answer a fb message (c'mon!), break plans and are in general way too apathetic about life. Besides this (or because of it) I am so. freaking. bored. I'm feeling fat and lazy and it's just going to be one of those days...
The BBQ yesterday was just obnoxious. About half of the people who were supposed to come apparently had better things to do and didn't even show up. And I just had to sit around and watch people eat and eat and eat. All of the women in my family (except my sister and I guess now me) are overweight and just mindlessly eat all the time. It was so frustrating to watch. Partly because it made me want to eat too, but partly because I see them just getting more and more unhealthy and it's a little scary. I felt like all I did all day was struggle not to eat- and it wasn't easy. I don't want to say it was stressful- of all the things to be stressed about in the world, this isn't one of them- however, it was a little taxing. Grrr, I can't wait to be out of the country for a couple of months!

rockstar, I get what you mean about going back and forth between the 150's and 60's. I was doing that with the 140's and 50's and it did take away some of the excitement of being in the new "decade." You'll be solidly in the 150's soon though. When is your half marathon? That would be annoying to have to deal with allergies trying to train for it. Is your goal to get a certain time or just to finish it?

Jelbb, glad everything worked out OK with the car. It always helps to have someone nice on the other end of it. I have absolutely nothing helpful to say about the rest of your post, except that I feel for you, girl. I am horrible at relationships (all kinds, not only romantic ones) for these very reasons. I get that feeling of "I'm not good enough" and it messes with my head. Maybe talking to your BF can allay some of your concerns?

sasha, glad to have you back! That's nice to know that you are able to maintain without thinking about it too hard. I you look forward to the day when that can just be everyday life!

Well, my exciting plans for the rest of the day are to drink a lot of water, shave my legs, paint my nails and go shopping at Goodwill. I really shouldn't stay in my bed anymore...
Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #24  
Starting Fresh

tuende - sorry it is still raining there I hope you get some sun soon!

fashin - only up .5! That's not bad at all. I am up almost two. Today started off good and then it slowly got worse and I just ate a lemon bar! hah! But I think a salad and some meat for dinner. TOM is going to start soon so it is not helping my fight.

rockstar - my weight is totally flopping too! I got to go into a lululemon this weekend and I walked out with nothing! I almost bought something but changed my mind. Then later I was in winners and found a cute bench hoodie - it's not lululemon but something I wanted none the less! I notice that lululemon seems to update their stock often in the loot section on the website *sigh* this is dangerous! I hear you on the shopping - I never used to care!

Jelbb - I am sorry you are having such a hard time. But really sweetheart, at your height and weight I bet you are not nearly as fat as you feel. I think a lot of it probably has to do with the fact that TOM is coming. I know for me that certainly makes me cry easier and makes me react differently to things and all around makes me feel like crap. *hugs*

shasha - way to go on maintaing the 150's without much effort! awesome!

I never got in a walk yesterday but I did wake up this morning and rode my exercise bike for 30 min! Haven't done that in ages. I enjoy riding my bike in the morning but then I def. have to wash my hair everyday and I am trying not to make the dye fade too fast (just dyed it back to dark). So I might just ride it every other morning. Anyway... so the day started off good. Then I was starving at lunch so I ate some extra lunch - not a huge deal - and then a co-worker and I went and got a lemon bar. What's done is done, but no wonder I am stuck in the friggen 160's again!

TOM is going to start tomorrow; or should. I hate using that as an excuse. Sometimes I feel like I use that just to validate myself eating bad. I think my big problem today was I didn't bring enough food to work. I had enough calories but not enough food - if that makes sense. Anyway good dinner and a good day tomorrow. Maybe I should just get over the washing the hair daily and exercise every morning this week.

My back right shoulder blade, kinda below it - has been really sore for a while now. I dunno what is causing it but I finally called a chiropractor today and said HELP ME! I have never been to one before but thankfully I will be reimbursed by our medical at work. I hope it makes me feel better. I go Wednesday at lunch. I figure it's either my boobs or the fact that I have horrible posture and sit on my butt all day at work.

Last edited by sotypical; 06-21-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #25  

Had to pop back in... I had a guilty conscience for being so negative earlier. I went to Goodwill and bought an AMAZING running Nike running hoodie for $8. It has funny little built in mittens to cover your fingers when it's cold. AND... it's a size small. A little tight right now, but *should* be perfect by the fall (half marathon time, perhaps?). Also, some friends came by and restored my faith in humanity and another friend called and we're going to dinner later. We are however going to the Dirty Bird (aka Red Robin) so I'm going to go look up how to possibly eat within my calories while there. But I'm feeling up for a challenge...

sotypical, good job riding the bike this morning. Not to be blunt, but forget the hair and get your workouts in, girl ! You'll feel so much better starting your day on a positive note with a few endorphins. I'm not going to lie, I have the same thought process about the hair- I have long, thick hair and it takes a LOT of work to get it blow dried nicely. If it looks good I don't want to mess up all that hard work and get it all sweaty. HOWEVER, I figure I'm going to just have to set vanity aside and deal with it. Also, good luck with the chiropractor. I used to go to one all the time (I have scoliosis and lots of weird pains because of it) and it helped me a lot.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #26  
Queen Yo-yo

shasha:
I really appreciated your post, it made me feel better just knowing that there are other girls out there in relationships who have felt, or do feel the same way I do. And... I know it's all really about me, and how I feel about myself. So, I'm working towards my goals, and hopefully the better I feel about myself, the better I'll feel about my relationship!

Your post did give me a very depressing moment tho, lol. The whole "thinking of 5 things you like about yourself a day"? I sat staring at my computer monitor for a full minute and a half, trying to think of ONE thing I like about myself, and actually gave up. It really opened my eyes to how negative I feel about... myself, and everything right now.

I recently moved to a new city, and I'm seeing friends less. When my friends do invite me out, my boyfriend never wants to go, and we're still in that honeymoon phase where we want to spend as much time together as we can, since we're both working, and I'm back to school in September-- so I haven't been seeing my friends as often as I'd like... and my best friend has now decided that we're no longer friends. I have no idea why. Possibly jealousy issues, as her English boyfriend and her are still doing long-distance, and she's always been over-sensitive about my current boyfriend, and stopped talking to me as soon as he moved here. It's not like I abandoned her for him, I'd just moved cities... Either way, it's a hit to my self-esteem to find myself one friend less when I'm already feeling pretty friendless in a new city.

God, why am I so depressing???

Moving along!

Claire:
I think you're very right... a lot of women probably tend to view what's meant as cheerful support... as unnecessary pressure. Which is what I'm doing. My boyfriend's never once said he wanted me to lose weight, he's just said that if I'll be HAPPIER at a lower weight, then he'll support me doing it.

It's just us reading too much into things!

Tuende:
Ahh, I have those moments at family gatherings. A LOT of the women in my family are decently overweight. Over 200 lbs at least... and it's a bit scary to watch them, especially knowing that a few of them have struggled for YEARS to lose some weight, and never been successful.
And yeah, the "I'm not good enough," feeling is an absolute killer. We need Shasha to coach us on her "5 things you like about yourself a day" method!
I'm glad things looked up for you with your friends dropping in and all. I have those days, where I feel absolutely friendless and miserable-- a few of my friends are extremely flaky, and bail at the drop of a pin!

sotypical:
Ahh, thanks honey. I'm sure I'm nowhere near as big as I feel, it's just... very frustrating to have gotten down to a weight I felt almost GOOD-LOOKING at, then gain it all back in no time, and feel sloppy and icky again.

Waterless shampoo. It's like hairspray, but it takes away the greasy-oily look. I swear by the stuff any day that I sleep in/don't have time to shower, because I CAN'T have greasy looking hair, or I'll spend the day obsessing over how bad I look. So RIDE THE BIKE, and get waterless shampoo for the hair!

Lemme know how the chiropractor thing goes. I've never gone to one; always curious how effective it is.

As for me.....
Went to the gym tonight with my coworker/friend/trainer, who will hereby be known as Demi. My biceps were still aching from Friday when we did back muscles, but she didn't seem to care too much that I was in pain when we went to do our arm-specific workout today. The sign of a good trainer, lol.

It's an hour post-workout, and I just absent-mindedly twisted my arm behind my back to scratch it, and nearly cried out in pain. Dear god, I can't imagine what my arms are gonna feel like tomorrow!

Ate a dinner of lean turkey, rice and salsa. It was actually the filling for turkey burritos that I made the other night, but I just omitted the tortilla, since it was an extra 200 calories with no real taste benefits.

See all you ladies tomorrow; I think I'm gonna crawl into bed early tonight since le boyfriend is going out for (mandatory) post-match drinks with his soccer team. (The team recently got sponsored by a pub, and it's now become mandatory to go there for drinks... on top of mandatory practices, and mandatory games, which are only to be missed for illness or family bereavement.) (This team is insanely overly intense.)

Love. <3

Last edited by Jelbb; 06-21-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

I would like to join in! I'm currently trying to get into the 140s, but ah! it just seems like it is taking way too long to get there. After staying pretty well on plan, I was up .5 this morning. Therefore, I've also been in a bad mood all day!

Today was also my first day of calorie counting (I was previously on the WW plan). I'm not very good with change, so this new CC thing will take me awhile to get use to. So, it's going to be quite rough for me for the next couple of weeks. Plus, it doesn't help that I have a conference, two birthdays (including mine), 2 wedding showers, 4th of July, and a bachelorette party coming up. Yuck!

Jelbb:

I can think of a couple of things you should like about yourself: you're gorgeous (I love your long, blonde hair) and you're making good, healthy life decisions! I am sure there are many, many more and I can't wait to get to know you and see what they are! Try not to get too down on yourself, you have wonderful qualities and should be very proud of your progress. I know how tough it is though to be positive and I'm constantly down on myself too. Sometimes it is just so hard to see the good qualities in yourself!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #28  
Queen Yo-yo

Tropica:
Thanks for the kind words. I'm a pretty big fan of the long blonde hair myself, tho it does cost way too much to get it all highlighted, lol! I think we do all need to just work on being more positive in general... it's hard when we're all working towards a goal because we're feeling unhappy/unhealthy/negative about our bodies!

I hate seeing the scale kick up after it's been down, but chances are it's just water weight if you've been on plan. You probably ate something that was a bit more sodium-infested than you realized (It took me forEVER to realize that tomatoes [and thus tomato-based food items or dishes] are FULL of sodium!) and are just a little bit bloated.

Calorie counting always struck me as MUCH easier than WW! At least the calorie information is on the side of all packaging. And it's pretty easy to google the specific calorie content of pretty much any food. I've been googling calorie contents since I started towards my weight loss efforts back in 2007, and now I just... know how many calories are in most things that I eat. You'll pick it up quickly, trust me.

As for me...
I'm feeling a little better today.
My boyfriend woke up in a really good mood (which is RARE for him, he's NOT a morning person), so we snuggled in bed for 15 minutes and chatted, which damn near made me late for work.

I was 149.8 this morning... not amazing, but at least I'm teetering back into the 140s. I FEEL like I've lost weight as well too. Just looking at my figure in the mirror in my underwear this morning, I felt like it looked a little less bloated/sloppy. I'm gonna keep going with this gym fix... I've gotten myself into a good routine, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and since I have a coworker going/training with me, it FORCES me to go. Despite not having seen a good number yet on the scale, I haven't gone a single day without having a muscle group feel achey and sore... so I'm going to assume that what we're doing is working, and I'm just slowly gaining muscle and rocking tired muscle bloat.

Hope everyone's doing well! Happy Tuesday all.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #29  
Starting Fresh

Jelbb - I am friendless in a city I have lived in for almost 25 years! Don't let it get you down. I am sure you will make some new friends soon. I also totally understand wanting to spend as much time with you BF as possible... I think I lost a lot of friends that way as well.

What sort of waterless shampoo do you use? I googled them last night. I do usually put some powder in my hair before bed to help it not look gross. I am sure it only looks gross to me. But like you, I can't stand it! I was a daily hair washer until my hair started doing BAD things. So I stopped dying it blonde and trying not to blow dry it and straighten it all the time. I still have to do it a bit after sleeping on it. My problem is though, when I ride my exercise bike I sweat and get really gross. There is no helping my hair then - I just feel disgusting and I don't feel clean enough unless I wash my hair.

And yay for being back in the 140's!

tropica - welcome! I find calorie counting much easier then WW. Hope you enjoy it too!

Like I said yesterday, it wasn't as good as I wanted. Then I had some perogies with dinner - I always want perogies this time on the month. Anyway I was fine and then my boyfriend decides to mention he saw a commercial for... wait for it... PRETZELS M&Ms. He made me go to the store... I couldn't find them though. Had to settle on peanut M&Ms and chocolate covered pretzels *sigh* - I ate a few of each and then took my dog for a 30min walk... so, ya lol. Except now there are in the house. Looking on the bright side, I exercised twice yesterday for a total of 60min!

I have a carb filled day for today but it should be within my calories (haven't entered it yet) - I am hoping that it will help wave any cravings for walking to the little coffee shop or something this afternoon. I did forget to bring an afternoon snack but I think I have 100 calorie chips in my desk haha. I didn't exercise this morning - the whole hair thing - but tonight I hope to go for another walk or have a good ride on my bike; depending how I am feeling.

With my breakfast I took 2 pain killers, an iron pill, a B vitamin and an allergy pill - I am feeling pretty good right now HAHA.

Last edited by sotypical; 06-22-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

The bad news is that I got horribly sick yesterday and couldn't keep anything down. The up side is that I weight less today lol. Down to the low end of the 140s. This has been very frustrating as I've maintained a weight of under 110 for 30 years and then ballooned during a traumatic time. It's one thing to lose 4 lbs., another altogether to lose 40. I just shrank out of my fat clothes so today it's a trip to the thrift shop for some smaller items -- yay!
Closed Thread