Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #226  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

152.9... easing my way to the 140s. Hopefully I can increase my walking and running this coming week as I have this past week -- I think it really jump-started things, getting back on track with the exercise.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #227  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I'm 151 aiming for 145 by 1st of September (day before I fly back to university) and onward-ho!

I've been pretty good today with food. Had one scrambled egg on a piece of toast for breakfast, salad sandwich and a 0% fat yoghurt for lunch, and dinner's gonna be roast chicken with salad!

Exercise has been on the downer most of this week as I had a moped accident on Wendesday and was told no strenous activity until next week (ie. tomorrow) but I'll be back on my elliptical tomorrow hopefully!

Hope you're all having a good day!
Old 08-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Height: 5'4

shasha--

wished i had read your advice to me long before this! I had what you had.

I actually saw 149.4 on the scale last week, and then i started doing the "yay, treats for me cuz i lost another 1/2 lb" but then i got on the scale sunday. SKYROCKETED to 152.0. This morning I was 151, so i'm 1.5 away from back to my lowest.

But yea 2.5 lbs up from my lowest was totally not worth the cheating.

Lesson learned the hard way! lol.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 170/156/135ish

Height: 5'5"

Ran around all weekend in a two-day ultimate frisbee tournament, didn't overeat at the tourney or after, and now I'm UP two pounds? Boo! School (I'm a grad student) starts September 8, and I want to be in the low 150s by then!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #230  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

i HATE TOM!!!! i'm up to 157.5. this is the highest i've been in 4 months! i know i put on a bit because i'm gaining muscle in 30ds (last time i gained 5 lbs), but COME ON!!! i'm eating so much better, working out and staying on plan and gaining almost 7 pounds. how discouraging!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

fivestone, holy crap you're shooting through the 150s like nobody's business!

katylil, my trainer keeps telling me it's 80% what u eat anyway... so keep it up!

lifehouse, i'm soo sorry!! that's an awful feeling!! live and learn my love

callahan, i've been having major scale issues too. maybe you're dehydrated? you can try my technique...i stopped weighing bc i'm scared and don't want to know. haha

amyleigh, you know it's TOM's fault! try not to get too discouraged, but you're right, that's freaking stupid. F the scale!

and hiiii everyone else who's post doesn't show on this page! i'm too lazy to go back and do personals for all... please don't take it personally (ha). i'm back from my cousin's wedding, and i'm proud to say that i actually held it together and didn't go crazy with eating or drinking!! yay me! i'm a little dehydrated though, so water and eating right all week, and then maybe i'll weigh fri or sat. hope everyone's doing well!!!

thing i like about me:
i have high standards for how i'll be treated, and i'm quick to stand up for myself
Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

FiveStone: Holy crap. I haven't been gone that long and here you are like 8 lbs down!

Well, I had another prolonged absence. I'm at about 156.6, where I left off a week and half ago. I was traveling from New York to California via UHaul and there weren't tons of healthy eating options along the way. I definitely indulged in things like chili dogs and onion rings, but I tried to balance it out by eating salads when I could and having fruit for breakfast. The hardest part was passing by my favorite place: Chick-Fil-A. They literally have no CFAs in California or New York and I haven't eaten there in forever. I had to stop in at least once in Utah and I had 1 chicken biscuit for breakfast and took a grilled chicken salad for lunch.

So, all in all, I maintained, but given my stress level and circumstances, I'm pretty okay with that. Now I need to get myself out of the 150s as soon as possible!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #233  

girlinwaterglobe, chickfila is actually one of the best fast food places you can go to! sure, u can get crap there, but they have salads and sandwiches that are totally on the healthy side. good job balancing ur junk food with healthy food. it's better than going completely crazy, that's for sure!

not much new with me, just wanted to give our thread a bump.

i told my physical therapist that my acting coach wants me to lose 20lbs (weird, i want me to do that toooooo!), and he told me to eat chicken and broccoli as much as possible. that broccoli is almost a complete food in itself, and pairing it with lean protein in chicken breast is about as good as i can get. virtually the only vitamin i'd lack is vitamin d... and i can get that from the sun. add in a little olive oil for the heart, and i'm good
Old 08-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 184/184/144

Height: 5'6

154.8 today. I was stuck at 157 for a week with TOM. So happy to get back to normal.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #235  
doing it for me

Shasha - I've been told that too! Which is why I'm not too worried, especially as I'm still going down (very VERY slowly, but it's something...)
Also, just noticed we have pretty similar goals! I do Musical Theatre at university and my tutors told me I needed to get into shape (not necessarily lose weight, but to me it's kinda the same thing anyway...one comes from the other!!) so we seem to have several things in common!

Ape85 - TOM is horrible for weighing in...I usually just skip weighing in the week its here and save myself the heartache!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 150/110

Height: 5'1

Default Hello, im new on here

Hi, I currently weigh 150 which is the exact weight of my boyfriend who is several inches taller than me. I would love to get down and out of the 40s. This is the heaviest ive been and I need some motivation to get my butt out and moving around. All my friends are very small and skinny so noone around me understands what is like to have weight issues. I would like to make some friends on here and have the motivation and help to talk through my issues. Thank you for listening to me. Amber K
Old 08-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 217/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'3

Hello ladies! I'm new here. I just got down to 158 and I'm excited to get to the 140s... I don't think I was that low since like... 6th grade? I have NO idea! :-D

Anyway, good luck everyone!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #238  

ape, i hate TOM too!!! not 100% sure bc i haven't been paying enough attn, but i think i may bloat for the whole 2 weeks before TOM. he's a jerk. good news is it's not ur real number! yay for being down

katy, i loooooove musical theatre!!! possibly my fav thing ever, it's a real shame i can't carry a tune! or dance, for that matter. but that's cool, we should chat

amber, you've come to the right place for support!

lauraloo, congrats and welcome!! you'll be on your way down from there in no time!

well, my clothes are feeling looser, and i'm looking smaller. definitely have lost a little, but i still haven't weighed. haha. i don't want to see a bad number! maybe another week or 2 of being on plan and i'll have the courage to scale it up... we'll see have a good weekend all!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #239  
doing it for me

Amber: Heey! Welcome to 3FC! you'll find all the support you need on here!
Good luck with your journey to Goal!!

Lauraloo: Congrats!!! that is a brilliant achievement!

Shasha: chatting sounds like an excellent plan! I might PM you later or something...and dont worry about that number! the fact that you're clothes are feeling looser is a good sign! So surely it can't be as bad as you think?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 198/135/125

I'm happy to "join the club".... just weighed in at 158.8 this morning. You guys are so inspirational!! I would LOVE to get to 140! We'll see.
Closed Thread