Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #196  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Apparently I have been on here in a week - crazy. Where did this week go? Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes lol.

I still can't believe all the new faces - I don't think I recognize half of you. Guess that is what happens when I kinda fall of the face of the earth for a couple weeks.

With our garage sale money my boyfriend and I bought BIKES! Hopefully that will help both of us get some exercise in. The scale seems to be still going up, way way way up. Depressing really - I haven't been that bad this week though. Not much else going on other wise - not sure how I managed to stay away for so long.

Last edited by sotypical; 07-30-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:21 AM   #197  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Down to 157.8! In 1 more pound, I will have lost 30 pounds!! Really feeling proud of myself today.
My husband and I are headed hiking right now. It is gorgeous here today!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:39 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 184/184/144

Height: 5'6

158.2. Only 6 pounds from a normal BMI
Old 07-31-2010, 07:46 AM   #199  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Hey girls! So many new faces! Congrats to everyone who is joining us here, it always feels good to move into a new decade.

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now because on our "weekend" 6 of us hiked up Huang Shan (Yellow Mountain)! And when I say "hiked up" I mean walked up stairs for 9 hours until we got to the top. The very top. It was originally kind of a boys trip, but andother girl and I decided we could hang and we did. One friend is like the insanely muscular bodybuilder guy and he said that trip was one of the most physically intense things he's ever done. We slept in tents at the top and headed back down the next day. We're still feeling pretty badass. I'll put pics on my China blog soon if you're interested.

It was insanely gorgeous and definitely worth the hard work. I've been feeling a little jiggley the last week or so (I haven't been working out, and I think I'm losing muscle- the same bodybuilder guy has lost 30 lbs-probably all muscle- since he's been here!!!). However, this trip puts everything into perspective. A few months ago I would have missed out on that amazing experience because I physically couldn't have done it! It reminds me how worthwile the weightloss/fitness efforts are, even if its frustrating at times.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I have a meeting right now, but I keep trying to come back and write personals. If China would stop being insane, I might have a few extra minutes !!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:38 AM   #200  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Welcome everyone NEw!

shasha12 Waiting to hear about tomorrow! Another smiley is coming your way

sotypical new bikes!!! yay! Hopefully that will get that scale in check

fivestone Yahoo on almost making your goal! Have fun hiking

ape85 To be 5 inches taller!

tuende way to go! I did something similar in India bcak when I was skinny and in shape. It took us 3 hours to climb a huge hill. Steep steps all the way up! Good job hope you keep enjoying yourself.

As for me...ugh..i am still Op and working out each day but I think my TOM is coming in a few days and my scale is being *****y. I am disappointed cuz I was looking foward to seeing a nice drop but now with bloating I will see nothing but an increase. Bummer. I guess I just keep chuggin along
Old 07-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #201  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone, I just graduated from the 160s thread: Today I was 159.4!

I'm re-losing weight I'd previously lost before. Right now my mini-goal is to lose 10% of my weight... it's not quite as exciting as it was the first time I reached that goal back in late 2008. I weighed 151.8 at the end of May '10 when I moved back from Australia and I weighed 149.9 in Aug '09 when I moved back from South Korea... so once I get past those weights again, I'll be in territory I haven't visited since 2003.

Anyways... so I'll be here awhile!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #202  
Here for the party

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape85 View Post
158.2. Only 6 pounds from a normal BMI
Awesome! You're getting so close. I understand what a big milestone that is... I'm about 8 pounds from it myself. Hopefully once we hit that point we can recognise, even on the days when we feel bloated/fat, that from a healthy, medical standpoint, we are at a good weight for our heights. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuende View Post
I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now because on our "weekend" 6 of us hiked up Huang Shan (Yellow Mountain)! And when I say "hiked up" I mean walked up stairs for 9 hours until we got to the top. The very top... We're still feeling pretty badass.
That's totally hardcore!! Great job!!! Doesn't it feel awesome to take back control of your life, and not feel like size is limiting what you can do anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Welcome everyone NEw!

fivestone Yahoo on almost making your goal! Have fun hiking

As for me...ugh..i am still Op and working out each day but I think my TOM is coming in a few days and my scale is being *****y. I am disappointed cuz I was looking foward to seeing a nice drop but now with bloating I will see nothing but an increase. Bummer. I guess I just keep chuggin along
Thanks!! The hike was good. The scenery was amazing and it was an awesome workout. My husband really enjoyed it, too. Yay for your for continuing to chug on, anyway -- we can't let the scale get us down one way or the other. Personally I plateaued at 160 all of last week, but now I'm seeing results again, so it happens to all of us!

For me, today was the first day in a long, long time that I actually looked in the mirror and felt somewhat thin. I'm somewhere between US size 8 and 10 right now, and it really feels nice to look at myself and not feel gigantic anymore. I still have a ways to go, but I'm liking the way I'm headed. I have take some photos since I started this journey. Maybe I'll take some this weekend and post my progress.

Last edited by fivestone; 07-31-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 159/132/120

Height: 5'4

Had pizza last night, weight went up 2 lbs, Really?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 165/121/121(lbs) 75/55/55(kg)

Height: 168cm, 5' 6''

I got ill since my first zumba class last wednesday, i haven't gotten on my stationary bike since and i feel really bad about it. but i think i won't be able to cycle daily now that i'm going to zumba fitness. your muscles get sooo sore, i could barely stand. but i think it also burns much more calories (the training lasts for 2 hours and i cycle for an hour)

well, we'll see.
i'm a little up in weight- 160 today.
i hope to get well soon and continue with my exercise

joyra welcome!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

hi everyone hope you're all having a great weekend!

allybride and joyra, congrats and it's down from here!

sotypical, yay for getting a bike! fun!

fivestone, so excited!! 30lbs lost is HUGE!! almost there

ape, congrats on the loss! you're moving right on through the 150s lady!

tuende, sounds like you're having an amazing time and still doing great!! i'm personally not bothered if you don't have time for personals... hello! ur in china!!! haha

sun, don't u hate that?! gotta just keep going... or stop weighing like me

tinasgoal, you know exactly what happened, u put it in you post... PIZZA! all that sodium and all those carbs BLOAT my dear. give it a few days and you'll be back down. sorry hun!

anexia, sorry you're feeling badly! hope you get better quickly!

WELL, today's supposed to be my WI day... i did not weigh in. it's been over 2 weeks since i last weighed, and i've been doing well, but i'm irrationally terrified that the scale will not reflect that. ugh. seeing a bad number would be very bad for my psyche right now... right before i'm going home for a few days for my cousin's wedding? no thank you.

i don't think i'm going to weigh again for a while... just use my "goal" jeans to gauge how i'm doing. if the stop squishing my love handles out, i'll know i've lost some weight, and the scale will have to agree. rarr

Last edited by shasha12; 08-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #206  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

fivestone oohh photos! looking foward to seeing them!

TinasGoal eep! Flush it out with water!

Anexia oohh Zumba sounds fun!

shasha12 my dear you are so brave with the not weighing. I would be so paranoid! I have always weighed myself my entire life and the only time I didn;t was when I was pregnant and when I gained after my baby was born! and look where that got me :P haha

Ladies I am fuming! I am doing everything right and the scale is reading 159 instead of 155 like it should! hmmphh! I am going to bring my calories down to 1500 and keep going! I think I will lower my calories to where I want to by the end of the month. 1500 for 150 1400 for 140 etc. Until I get there and then I readjust. Lets see how that goes~ I am praying for my TOm or why is this happening? if i am 159 for TOM then it makes sense.... ok enough negative

my hips are getting sculpted and I can see lots of hip bone
Old 08-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

SO good times... this morning i was like, oh just weigh... you're being ridiculous, there's no way you'll have a bad number, etc., and despite my better judgment, I stepped on the scale. 153.8 dcanjkfdbajkfbnmc dajhdeiophfoabj

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!? ok whatever, i know i drank booze yesterday, ate bloaty foods, woke up slightly puffy and thirsty, so ya i was dehydrated. but seriously?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i'm UP?!?!? i'm sooooo mad. i'm smaller. everyone keeps telling me. i feel smaller, which is truly the test, bc when do we EVER cut ourselves that slack? what is it going to take to get the scale to move????????

AAAAHHHHHHRRRRAAAAAARRRRRRRRUUUUUUUGGGGGHHGHHGHHHH H
Old 08-03-2010, 06:00 AM   #208  

Height: 5'2

hey ladies, um back and 9lb heavier. cant say i'm happy about gaining all dis weight, i'm not even sure wen i gained it. was around 145lb in january dis year and now i'm 154lb. but i'm back and ready 2 work.

just ordered 3 new workout dvds online yesterday, cant wait to work out to those.
1. Jari Love - Get Extremely Ripped 1000
2. Jari Love - Body Rock
3. Jeanette Jenkins - Bikini Body Bootcamp

need to re-assess my eating plan, as a lot of pizzas, kfc and McD's hav been creeping into my diet.

i am hoping 2 keep 2 my goals and reach my end target of 132lb.
planning to check in here weekly..

good luck ladies..
Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #209  
Here for the party

Had to come back and edit this -- I took and afternoon weight and expected it to be higher, but it was lower! I'm at 155.6. I'll count that as my halfway point (I'm sure I weighed more than 186 when I started dieting, but it took me a few days to get a scale.) Just 5.7 pounds away from a normal weight! 31 pounds gone now! I love it!

Last edited by fivestone; 08-03-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 165/151/145

I was at 160.0 exactly today... Began a 5k training program with the Nike Plus. It lasts 12 weeks. The program had me run a mile last night then nothing today. Tomorrow I have to run 2 miles. I just figure even if I don't do it fast just doing it consistantly for 12 weeks will help!
Closed Thread