3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *Adios to the 150 and 140s!* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/204958-%2Aadios-150-140s-%2A.html)

cheryl126 07-16-2010 07:43 AM

Hi Liz - congrats on losing the first few pounds! I can definitely relate to the increased hunger. That happened to me after I started working out more and one of the best ways to deal with it was just to make sure that I had tons of fruits and veggies to snack on all the time. I would bring a big bag to work filled with fruit and cut up veggies and snack on that stuff whenever I was hungry. That really helped especially since our office stocked free candy bars and other junk for people to snack on!! The temptation was always there, but having the healthy food ready and at my fingertips helped me stay in control.

shasha12 07-16-2010 10:38 AM

WELCOME lifehouse and cheryl!!

lifehouse, at that beginning stage of my weight loss i had to literally learn to like the hungry feeling at night, and i still struggle with it! drinking tea has helped me a lot, try that!

cheryl, sounds like you've got a good idea of what's gonna work for you! get it girl ;)

me- well the scale stayed up ALL WEEK. today is officially a week since my low. i guess it's time to change the stupid ticker the WRONG WAY. Funny thing is I ate 2000cals yesterday and the scale didn't go up. it stayed. i honestly don't know what's going on. whaaaaaatever.

tropica 07-16-2010 11:44 AM

lifehouse:

For me, it seems like the first couple of weeks on program (OP) were quite difficult. I would always be hungry and everything tempted me. Just stay headstrong and eventually it will get a little easier. I think Cheryl is right on track about carrying around fruits and vegetables when things get tempting. I think I'm going to incorporate this idea into my daily life when I go back to my lab this fall.

Cheryl:

What are your graduate studies? I'm also in graduate school studying social psychology.

Shasha:

How frustrating! I'm not sure how many calories I ate yesterday, but it was high as well as high in salt. I feel bloated today and I was actually DOWN! Sometimes I don't understand how our bodies work. However, don't get too down on moving your ticker the wrong way. I'm sure things will start going the RIGHT WAY soon!

shasha12 07-16-2010 06:24 PM

thanks tropica :( super frustrating. i'm going to try not to weigh for a few days, but still stay OP. maybe weigh weds next week. Ugghh grrr

mickletoe 07-16-2010 06:30 PM

Tropica~ I am going to school for psychology too :D I am four classes away from starting my bachelor program. How is graduate school?

TinasGoal 07-16-2010 08:42 PM

I didn't weigh in on Wednesday because I was being dramatic and down on myself. I was really good on Wednesday and Thursday. I finally weighed myself this morning and I was 139.3 lbs. Yay! I may have been a little dehydrated so I'm not sure if it's "real." We will see at my official WI next Wednesday.

totsandfries 07-17-2010 01:25 AM

Wow, so I haven't been posted on here in a while, you know... LIFE and its unexpectedness.
I am currently weighing in at 157 and am still going down slowly.
I haven't been working out, but I have been paying attention to my calorie consumption. I wish you all the best, in reaching your personal goals.

ape85 07-17-2010 07:54 AM

159 for the third day in a row. Time to moved down in to this thread. I was hoping to be 155 by the end of the month but i'm going on vacation tues so not sure if thats gonna happen.

girlinwaterglobe 07-17-2010 10:43 AM

157 after several days of holding steady. The weight comes off so slowly now -- it is frustrating. Does anyone here have any experience cycling calories? I'm worried that I'm in starvation mode from counting calories so strictly (I eat about 1,100 a day)

tuende 07-17-2010 09:15 PM

Hey girls! Had an AWFUL day yesterday. It takes a lot to make me feel stressed, but yesterday did it. This school is INSANE! I'm finally teaching my class which is difficult, but I'm at least getting to teach. On Friday, a couple of us figured out how to rent these bikes that are all over Hangzhou. It's practical for transportation, tons of fun and great exercise.

I've been updating my blog a lot if you're at all interested. I realized that you probably don't know who I am in the pics. In the jumping pics, I'm the one wearing the bright blue shirt.

sasha, don't worry about the scale. Just forget about it for a few days. Tt's more trouble than it's worth! If you're on plan, you'll lose :).

Whoever was talking about fresh fruits and veggies, you're making me so jealous right now! What I wouldn't give for a salad or some straweberries! They have watermelon at dinner every night; it's always the first thing I get!

Daily Compliment (we need to bring this back, ladies!): I like my determination! It's been very useful these last couple of weeks ;).

lifehouseluver 07-17-2010 10:03 PM

Hey everyone! Thank you so much cheryl, sasha, and tropica for the getting started support and advice. I greatly appreciate it.

Shasha, night time really is the hardest part! I am shocked at how hungry I am after dinner. I have taken Cheryl's advice and when things get tempting I just eat a couple grapes, or like 2 thin slices of watermelon if I feel "starving" at night. Like, by yesterday night of my diet, I was literally so hungry going to bed I couldn't fall asleep, so I ate 2 pieces of watermelon, and it totally took the edge off so I could get to sleep. I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down to 150.5 so I'm going to move my tracker after this post! This also means I'm about 1/2 lb away from a new middle digit -- or should I say a middle digit I haven't seen since about mid 2008.

I know I only lost 5, but I can visibly see a difference in how I look already, especially in my stomach. It is so motivating!

Today was the first Saturday on my diet, and it wasn't bad during the day because I went to the pool and all. But like after dinner tonight, I was watching a movie and I REALLY wanted something to munch on. It was the biggest craving I've had since starting. When it was really getting unbearable, I just ate 1/2 stem of grapes and BAM craving gone.

Seriously guys thanks for the help, and for sharing your stories. It really keeps me motivated. What a great online community =)

Liz

Brown 07-18-2010 04:17 PM

159.8, and I'm MOVIN' IN! :)

hope for recovery 07-18-2010 04:55 PM

Hi I would love to join the challenge! I really want to wave goodbye to the 150 pounds and start moving down! How low am I going to go... I have no idea! Part of me is actually scared that I might become too thin and I am not sure that this is my nature! My bra size is already down to DD and I just don't want to lose it! At the same time I am not liking that huge tummy! I mean it is really heavy for me to do proper sit ups because of it so I know I want to go down! Hoping that south beach diet can help! Let's see :)) I shall report back here :))

sun 07-18-2010 09:10 PM

ok ladies
I know I have been bad about posting, but I really going to try and check in more often. Been busy with my sister who came and stayed for 2 months, she is leaving in 2 days. I NEED to get this weight moving and I have been bad and bouncing aroud 160 to 157 for way too long. So here I am going for the gold and trying really hard :)
Hope you all have been great.

shasha12 07-19-2010 10:37 AM

YAAAY so many new faces!!! I'll come back and do personals later, but hiiiii ALL, congrats on making it into the 150/140s!! :D