Old 06-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

Default Crazy Hungry

Hi Guys,

I have been so crazy hungry the last week. Idt it's my tom but I cannot stop eating! I worked out 6 days last week (I kept making myself go to the gym because i kept eating! lol) and I think I gained a few lbs from all the food.

I feel like i delt with this before months and months ago but I dont remember how to stop it. Do you guys ever get this & how do you get a hold of yourself?!

*mmmm carrots...I wonder if I have any carrots in the fridge.... NO NO* lol
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #2  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

How much are you eating every day? What are you eating?

To feel full, I like to bulk up with lots of low cal/high volume food like vegetables. It's important you are losing weight doing something that's sustainable. I remember crash dieting in the past or being on really restrictive diets where I would give up and actually gain more weight back.

I find the most important thing is to find something that's sustainable for you while not feeling like you are on a diet!

I exercise daily for 60 min-90 min and I remain at 1200 cal - 1350 cal but I never starve. I space out my meals, have 1-2 snacks, never skip breakfast, get a good nights rest, stay hydrated...

Breakfast examples this last week, I ate an egg beater omelette filled with vegetables only 200 cal. On another day, I ate a 200 cal chocolate cupcake (true story) and I feel completely different throughout the day. The cupcake left me feeling unsatisfied, starving, craving sweets and angry with myself. As opposed to something that really gave me a good bang for it's calorie "buck"
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/115

Height: 5'4"

I go through phases like this. I find that adding a bit of extra fat to my meals makes them more satisfying for me. I think we all have a certain combination of protien/carb/fat that works for us - for me, it's more fat. This means less food, if I'm calorie counting, since fat is so high in calories. However, I'm much more satsified with less food than I am with less fat. Maybe you need to play around with your food choices and try a few days full fat or a few days with more protien to see if it affects your hunger levels.
ohmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

I agree with ohmai. I've recently been tweaking my macronutrient ratios and have been doing much better with staying on plan. I realized that I was probably getting about 70% of my calories from carbs. They were really good carbs (mostly fruit, whole grains, milk, etc.) but I just wasn't losing. I've recently scaled back on the carbs and upped my protein and fat and I'm finding that I'm way less hungry and I am actually losing. I still get in the same number of calories (between 1250 and 1350) about 30-40% of my calories from carbs, but this ratio seems to be working much better for my body. Just something to consider.
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #5  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I agree with everyone here... but also, if you're working out harder than you have been that can make you hungry as well. Lately when I've been getting home from the gym I have been STARVING! So that could be another reason too!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks girls. I think I will try to play around with it alittle.

I use livestrong for cal tracking and have really been going way over. I think because I have just been trying to eat better and less (1500 cals) but i dont pay attention to what it is as long as i stay on target but ive been going over all week long.
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote