Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies!
Last week was a disaster...and the week before that, and I think the week before that. I'm outta control....ugh! Anyway, I'm still here and reading and posting every now and then. Glad to see everyone still kickin' it.
I have a friend that is home from college this summer and I invited her to come over during the week and do exercise dvds with me. She said it sounded like a good plan, so maybe I'll have a workout buddy soon...yay! On another note...it has been freakin' hot here. We have been in a heat advisory since Saturday morning at 10am. It isn't supposed to end until tonight at 10pm. Humidity has sucked big time and it feels like you can't breathe while being outside. You can just feel the stickiness...ugh...it's awful.
May be going to see The King and I on stage at the end of this month. I'm looking forward to it. I have a musical theater class that requires us to see a live show and write an analysis of it. Speaking of the show, I really need to call the box office soon.
DH's drinking buddy got put in jail over the weekend. Big drama and so glad my hubby was not involved. Haha! On a good note his friend got out this morning and DH isn't moping around because he ain't got anyone to hang out with...lol. Stinkin' rednecks around here...always finding trouble to get into.

Anyway, enough about me...

Dianne, weekends are not my friend either. I usually do not weigh or count calories over the weekend.

Haley, have fun in San Diego! I have never been to that side of the country and would love to go!

EmusGlitter, good thinkin'. I love FB and don't think I could deactivate it...haha. I have to keep up with my peeps! lol

Heather, good luck finding another job! I'm in school for teaching and I am very worried for when it comes time for me to look for a job.

Stella, I am sooooo jealous that you are getting to go the Keys!! Have fun and enjoy the beautiful scenery! Was this something you have been planning for a while?

Ferel, four 10-hour days does not sound like fun. What exactly do you do anyway? I thought you worked at a school? Am I right?
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #17  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Shauna - its a friend of mine's wedding - we started planning maybe about 2 months ago. I just need to get away.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Hi girls!!! I hope everyone's doing well. This is my last week of school....as of Friday, I am on vacation and on my way to Canada!!! haha I am finally meeting my friend in Saskatchewan and I am so freaking excited. The thought of getting to Regina has gotten me through the last several weeks. LOL

My geometry kids are some of the cutest and best kids ever!!! I had them last block today, which was also the very last class period for the year (finals start tomorrow and we have abbreviated schedules for finals). Anyway, they managed to sneak into my room with the help of my next door teacher and decorate and throw me a surprise birthday party. My birthday's tomorrow but they wanted to do something special for me. I love them!!! They had tons of balloons and streamers and were taking tons of pictures and it was a lot of fun. They're such good kids.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #19  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

haley - you are coming to san diego tomorrow, yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feral - today was the longest monday of my life i swear. i feel ya

stella - yay for key west. so jealous.

beach weather is here and i'm not bikini ready. sad face. oh well.... i look better in my tankini than i did last summer... silver lining lol.

This week i'm going to focus on healthy choices and listening to my body. like am i REALLY hungry, or am i just having a craving that i have to fight off... that kind of thing. I'm also gonna try to cut down on drinking... i think that may be one of the main reasons that i've been stuck at the same weight since april.

workouts are still going good =) training for half marathon, woo woo. ran 4 miles yesterday and going to kickboxing in half an hour. GO ME! hehe
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #20  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Soooo...I've been trying new fruits. My boyfriend suggested mandarins. Great, love them. Oranges? Awesome. Apples? Fantastic. Mangoes! Amazing. Grapes? Ew. Seriously, how can anyone eat grapes. I tried them refridgerated. I tried them room temperature. I tried them frozen! Gross gross gross. I just made grape muffins to try and use them up. They...taste like grapes xD I should have used a banana instead xD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #21  
Brighter than the moon!

I'm guessing that you do not get those fruits normally around your neck of the woods? And omg, I love grapes. There are many different kinds, some sweet and some sour

Ladies, I just want to be able to sleep...I went to sleep at 10pm, hoping to get up at 5 to go to the gym. The alarm went off, and I woke up, but I was just so tired - like I slept but not deeply. This is really getting annoying.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #22  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Happy Birthday Chele!

Shauna - I do work at a school but I am a 12 month employee. I'm in charge of student records (have to send the high school kids off to their appropriate schools, etc). I help with scheduling, student enrollment for people that have moved, etc.

Jazz Jess - There def is a silver lining! Just think, you COULD look WORSE in that tankini. You may not be binkini ready this summer, but next summer IT'S ON!!!!

Icon - LOL I have to second Stella in asking if you guys don't typically have grapes around. I hate raisins (which obviously come from grapes).... and different grapes DO taste different. My favorite are the green sour grapes. I'm not a sweet grape kind of girl. And I hate anything that's artificially grape flavored. *gag*

Stella - I'm sorry about the no sleep thing. I was there with you but finally sleep graced me with it's beautiful presence.

------------
Ladies, my arms are going to fall off. They are SOOOO sore. I had PT last night and we worked on biceps. At the time it didn't seem so bad but HOLY HECK! I can barely extend my arms all the way. Owwwy!!!!! I keep laughing because now I'm b%tching, but eventually I'm gonna be COCK DIESEL!!! *yeahhhhhh* Okay, I don't want to go that far, but I would like to bring some guns to the show instead of little water guns.

No gym tonight... I just can't do it....

After work I'm going to get my dad's father's day present, a card and then HOME.

Have a great day everyone!

Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #23  
Samantha417

After my full week of bad decisions and such, the scale said 143 today....I'm so pissed at myself.

I've made it a rule for my friends that if we're hanging out, it's not going to be a dinner outing. It honestly feels like a chore now if I'm going out, and that shouldn't be.

My stomach was hurting all day yesterday, and it still is today. I guess that's my punishment too. Yesterday I was fine. I had packed my lunch and all, and I went running with Greg, so I had about 800 calories left for dinner. We made this chicken, feta cheese, and cherry tomato pasta, which was delicious. One serving was 617 calories (yikes!) and then I had a small slice of funfetti cake...so I think I was fine for yesterday. I feel like a broken record saying this now, but it's a fresh week, and I'm doing a fresh start because I'm tired of feeling like crap.

But about the running yesterday...I'm in more shape than greg! We started running, and after 15 minutes he stopped running because he was tired. He was completely out of breath and I was perfectly fine! haha. I think I got him into running though because he wants to get back into shape.

But speaking of running, I'm going to run outside everyday now. I like the way I feel the next morning after running. I'm sore, but it's a very good sore. Plus I feel like I get a great work out from running.

I'll do personal some other time, I'm heading out now for my run and the gym. I have to do some researching around town too. The management team from my work is going out tomorrow, and we decided on a hibachi grill. I'm sticking to shrimp and white rice, and LOTS of veggies.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #24  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I say Good morning to all you ladies only because I've now had my 2 cups of coffee My days all seem to run together anymore since being off work from having my son.
If it ever gets nice out again I'm going to start walking since I've gotten the ok to do that at least. I feel like a big lazy bum not being able to do anything but light housework.
On a positive note I am absolutely determined to get rid of all this baby weight again and totally stuck to my diet yesterday YAY! Lets hope it pays off sooner rather then later. Dont wanna have to buy new clothes just to go back to work in 6 weeks!
Heather- Glad you are back in the game and not just lurking...good to have familiar "errr" faces.
Stella- You are an incredible shrinking woman! AMAZING
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #25  
Brighter than the moon!

Becky!!! Welcome back!!! And thank you

Congratulations on the birth of your son!! You'll get rid of that baby weight in no time

Last edited by stellarosa27; 06-15-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Samantha, good job on the running! I am going to be a runner...one day.

Ferel, Your job sounds like something I would like to do. I've always liked office jobs. Even though you work 12 months, you still get all holidays off, right? That would be awesome!

Stella, I feel your pain in the sleep area. I did not get a good night's sleep last night. Felt like I was barely asleep all night...would wake up over the tiniest thing when usually I sleep pretty heavily. Went to bed after midnight because of working on homework and then my son decided to wake up a little after 7. I could barely open my eyes.

Icon, I like purple grapes and I would rather have them room temp. or a little cool. I have tried them frozen and, bleh...I can't do that. It's funny that those are new and different fruits for you...lol. Have you ever tried a peach?

Jazz, good luck on cutting back on drinking and cravings! I have been drinking something every weekend and it's getting old. I'm ready to be out of the 230's! We can do it!!!

Chele, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And that was sweet of your students!

Me...
Class was long last night. We usually get out around 8:45 but she kept us the whole time and we didn't leave until 9:30. Had a ton of homework to do. I did half of it last night and have the other half to do before tonight. DS and I did 30DS yesterday and I only finished half of it and I'm so sore today because of it. I haven't had a good workout since school was out last semester. I think I should let Jillian kick my butt more often.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #27  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Shauna - yes, I get all major holidays and school breaks off (minus summer obviously). I work 7am - 3:30 pm during the year. 7-5pm during the summer 4 days a week.

However, I hate my job. Kids are hateful. Parents are hateful. Co workers are idiots.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #28  
Brighter than the moon!

I haven't slept well in about two weeks. Its ridiculous.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

I'm starting a new diet today. I'll be eating more calories than I was when I was calorie counting but looking on fit day to see all my stuff (protein, fat, sodium) it will be way better than how I was doing before.

Basically the diet is to have a protein-smoothie for breakfast with whatever fruits and stuff I want and some flax seed powder. Repeat for lunch. Then dinner is a lean meat with a salad and green vegetables. Stay on this for 2 weeks to a month and then when I go off it, just eat as well as I can. My parents read it in a magazine and have been doing it with great results. So I figure I'll try it as well.
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #30  
I will do this.

...second day back on track since bad bad weekend...

like stella I have not been sleeping...hardly napping....no idea why.

Putting so much pressure on myself for weight loss. I just wanna see a 1-- so bad I am being so hard on myself...

I am gonna try and lay down..
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote