Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #1  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Default Another newbie.. sorta..

Hi everyone!

I'm Tish and I'm finally restarting my weight loss efforts. I've literally lurked on these boards for YEARS and never really consistently stuck around (or to my weight loss efforts obviously lol). For starters I'm a recent nursing school graduate (2 weeks ago ) and now that I finally have more me time I figure there's no reason why I can't get off my butt and get more active. Since June 1st I've been working out 30 minutes a day on my elliptical and hope to soon incorporate some resistance training with my bands sometime in the next couple of weeks. I feel so ridiculous that at 25 years old I can only do .75 of a mile on the elliptical in 30 minutes, but hey, I'm just starting out and I'm pretty large lol. So my first non-scale victory will be a 30 minute mile then it'll lower until it's at least down to 15 minutes maximum. My scale victory will be to once and for all get out of the 300s!! I'd really appreciate you guys' support, tips, and guidance .
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #2  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Welcome! And congrats on finishing nursing school Sounds like you have a pretty good plan of attack on your weight loss. Good luck and stay positive!

-Skye
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #3  
Edge Of Glory

Thanks! Hopefully I can stay on plan. I have a bad habit of planning everything out too much and then doing the exact opposite lol It's like I rebel against myself or something.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Woohoo!!! Congrats on graduating nursing school!!!!! I just graduated too, I know how tough it is!! What are do you want to work in??

Good for you to committing to getting healthier, now that school's done you'll have more time
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #5  
Edge Of Glory

Thanks and congratulations to you too! I really haven't officially decided what type of nursing I want to do. Deep down I want to be an ICU nurse, but I'm so intimidated that I won't be able to cut it there. So I'm still deciding whether to just go for ICU or just go with medical/surgical for a year or two then transfer once I've further developed my assessment skills.

What about you??