Old 06-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Default less than two weeks...

Less than two weeks until my husband leaves for his 8 month deployment. This is our second one so I feel a little bit more prepared but I am all over the place inside. I can't focus on anything... I'm just too sad. I know the hardest part is working up to him leaving, because once he's gone I'll be able to count down until when he comes home.

My heart is just breaking. We've been married 2 and a half years, this will be our 3rd Christmas married, and the 2nd we won't be spending together. I'm going to miss his birthday... it just feels like such a long time, and such a huge hurdle.

I don't really know if there was a point to this. I just wanted to vent, I guess. Any advice on coping is so more than welcome.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/165/145

Height: 5'3

Coping Is Hard To Do Especially Army Wifes. But It Pays Off And What He Is Doing Is Great. Try To Distract Yourself With Your Weight Lost. Become A Gym Junky Or Find A Support Group. I Am Sure There Are Army Wifes In 3fc That Can Help. Keep In Mind Only A Little While It Will Go By Quickly
loveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/174/135

Height: 5'5''

i dated a man in the military for two years and he was deployed for half the time. i understand how hard it is especially on the holidays <3
i always spent time with my best friend who's husband was also deployed and actually spent a lot of time on a military spouse forum that helped a lot.

i'm sure you know that writing to him and sending packages also helps

hang in there, if you did it once you can do it again!
jkatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #4  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Spend lots of time with your girlfriends for support, find Family Readiness Groups to make sure you're informed and connected to his chain of command, send him lots of love and support, and it will be over before you know it!
Thank you for serving. You're not enlisted, but Family Members serve just as much as our service members, through giving up their precious time with family members, so thank you.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Thank you so much guys. I'm feeling a little better today. Just trying to take it one step at a time.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #6  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Hugs! I can't even imagine what that's like, but I wish both of you the best while he's away
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #7  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

I've been there too girl! When my hubby and I were dating he went on a 6 month deployment. He was recently up to go AI (deploy with Army or Marines for a year) but luckily someone else volunteered to go for him. I'm thankful for emails and Skype! Stay positive and busy while he's gone and time will fly.

-Skye
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

MY SO isn't in the military, but we always spent holidays apart and almost all summer every year. Four summers together and counting and we're yet to spend one together. So, while I wouldn't even begin to suggest that my situation is the same, I do understand somewhat.

I really liked keeping a journal with her online. I'd post to it whenever I could, she could post to it as well. Just little updates, little messages that made it faster. Skype always helps.

Otherwise, I think its important to make sure you "replace" that time in a healthy manner. Increase work-outs, have a standing lunch date with a friend, treat yourself to a movie once a week. It gives you enjoyable things to do when you would have otherwise spent with your SO.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #9  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Hugs to you. xx
bex is offline   Reply With Quote