Old 05-20-2010, 01:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/147/125

Height: 5'0"

Angry Taking steps backward

Hey Ladies. I joined a while ago and completely fell off my moviational wagon for about a month, Now I am back 5 lbs fatter great! I feel totally frustrated with my eating habits and it seems I only get hungry around midnight. I am totally addicted to gummy candy and I need a kick in the butt to get me moving again. I did go back to the gym, I went twice so far this week. I know i can't be the only on who ever went backward at one point. ITS JUST FRUSTRATING! GRRR
Lilybug418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/161/149

Height: 5'7"

I totally feel where you are. I maintained 25 lb weight loss for almost a year. Then I went through a pretty significant life change and gained 15 pounds back! I am back on my way down but it took an awful lot to gain the motivation to keep working.

Recently a friend posted a picture on FB of me that seemed to do the trick! I looked awful.
cfb8986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

oh man i never stay in my wagon, its a daily stuggle that I have to fight with everyday.
some advice that helps for me is if i know I dont have the willpower to not eat something bad then I wont kepp it in the house. Out of sight, out of mind works for me.
as for eating at midnight. around that time brush your teeth and use mouth wash, I mean nothing tastes yummy right after having toothpaste and mouth rinse taste lingering in your mouth.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

Reminds me of myself 4-5 months ago. I went on a diet my first time during the holidays.. dropped to 140 (I haven't weighed that in like 5 years!) Then I had issues with a lung disease and I took advantage of it. I ate so much fatty food (restaurant and fast food) and I ate more at home.

I just started dieting again this week and so far it's going alright.. even though I gained 20 pounds during the 4-5 months.

One thing I did though during a diet is when I craved something I didn't deprive myself from it. I would eat a tiny bit of it just to fulfill that craving and move on from it.

But its okay!! We have a lot of support from everyone on this site and I'm sure we all can do it together.
Kruez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #5  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Lily - it's a constant struggle honey!!!

Just don't beat yourself up for it. I mean, off the wagon for a month with only a 5lb gain isn't THAT bad... I'm pretty sure I've done worse damage before!!!

If you have a major sweet tooth try cutting out some of the sugars you're eating. See if that helps!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I always down a tylenol pm around 10, then I am out like a light and therefore physically unable to eat. (Although sometimes I wonder if I eat in my sleep too, lol. Especially when the scale gets stuck.)
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

jaimie1980 - lol reminds me of a story. One time when I was younger I apparently was sleep walking and I found my parents stash of girl scout cookies and brought it back to my room.

How can somebody do that while sleep walking? Seems like a lot of effort, but somehow I did it.

Last edited by Kruez2; 05-20-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Kruez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #8  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Girl, I totally get you on the moving backward/stalling out because of junkfood. I finally decided to just not buy it. I can't handle having icecream around, so I just don't buy it. That way, there's no way I can overdo it. As for night eating, that used to kill me and I'm sure that's how I got up to 226 lbs in the first place. Lately, I've been trying to keep it structured, though if I'm up really late and hungry, I'll let myself have some pretzels or a banana or piece of string cheese. Good luck and atleast its only 5 lbs instead of 50.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I also keep junk food out of the house. I wont buy it... too bad my husband runs to the corner store to get beer and picks me up a candy bar (since I don't drink beer and they don't sell wine). In his mind he is doing something nice for me but honestly every time I come home and see a candy bar sitting on the counter I just sigh. I am getting better though, I make him eat half! lol
I use Mickey's tip of brushing my teeth to help curb eating. I brush after every meal to help tell myself I am done eating!

Be proud of yourself for getting to the gym already! You are turning it around again.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
oh man i never stay in my wagon, its a daily stuggle that I have to fight with everyday.
Ditto. I pretty much live half out of my wagon. I dunno if I ever fully make it in it and if I do I promptly fall back out.

My wagon needs a seat belt.

Last edited by sotypical; 05-20-2010 at 06:42 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayNicole View Post
In his mind he is doing something nice for me but honestly every time I come home and see a candy bar sitting on the counter I just sigh. I am getting better though, I make him eat half! lol
Doesn't seem like a good way to get him to stop, lol! Maybe make him job in place long enough to burn off the candy bar instead!

Regaining is the story of my life. That's why I'm yoyoma. And frankly, it looks like I will always be dealing with some seasonal/vacation weight gain. That doesn't upset me too much, as long as I get back down.

Last edited by yoyoma; 05-20-2010 at 07:28 PM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I also dont keep junk food in the house. My only concession is that I have a bag of the individually wrapped dove dark chocolate in my freezer. When I want something sweet I get one and just suck on it. It takes a while for it to melt since its frozen and it curbs my cravings for something sweet!
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #13  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
Ditto. I pretty much live half out of my wagon. I dunno if I ever fully make it in it and if I do I promptly fall back out.

My wagon needs a seat belt.
lmao, that made me lol.

just dont beat yourself up. we all know its a struggle. its hard to break habits you've done for so long. what matters is when you fall down that you get back up and jump back on!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #14  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
lmao, that made me lol.

just dont beat yourself up. we all know its a struggle. its hard to break habits you've done for so long. what matters is when you fall down that you get back up and jump back on!
Reading that back it was kinda of funny.

I think that is going to be my new slogan, "My wagon needs a seat belt." Funny cuz I was filling out one of those 8 things about you the other day and the last one asked for your moto and I didn't have one of my own, lol.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #15  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Yeah, definitely what matters is getting back on the bandwagon, and not letting backwards progress be an excuse to give up completely. In late 2003, I gained back 20 pounds that I had lost. I got on the scale and was horrified, and vowed right then and there to get back on the bandwagon. I did, and within a few months I was at my low weight (OK, way too low a weight for me, but the point is that I figured out what wasn't working for me and changed it. It felt really overwhelming to do at first, but I was inspired by the first few days of weight loss to keep up the forward momentum. You can do it!)
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote