Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #1  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Default Weekly Chat 17-22

Hi girls back from my girls trip to the beach had an awesome time and it really has given me motivation to keep going so next time i can wear the little bikinis with my friends instead of a skirted bottom.
I did pretty well eating wise i came back with 2lbs up and i'm happy with that and get back on track.
I'm going to the beach again the end of july with the dh and some other friends so i'm going to work my butt off and hopefully be down at least another 30lbs
How was everyones weekend?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #2  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi Ladies!!!! Oh Monday... I could've gone a while before I saw you again too soon!

My weekend was a lot of fun. Saturday was my best friend from home's little brother's graduation party. As some of you may know I was really struggling with the decision to party or not to party (i.e. drink a ton). I finally gave into drinking and am OWNING my decision. I'm also reminded by the scale what those kind of decisions lead to.

And it so wasn't even worth it. I mean, I had a good time, we played a lot of games in the yard (horse shoes, ladder ball, corn hole (bean bag toss), and yard pong).... there was about 10 of us that stayed the night and we sat up drinking and being silly and playing flip cup, listening to music, etc. but I just beat myself up all day.... I was having a fat day and the scale has been up and instead of being confident and feeling cute I just felt like a fat a$$ all day and it was all in my head. I HATE feeling like that.

So, instead of complaining about it, I know what I need to do to both succeed and to feel better about myself.

Skinny - sounds like you had a great time with the girls!!!! I'm jealous of your beach time!!!!

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

/yaaaaaaaawn

So I did it. I got up at 5 (well, got out of bed at 5:20) and was at the gym by 5:40. I'm trying to get back into this habit, and I did well this morning, I just need to get more breakfast food and make my own coffee so I'm not high tailing it to DnD every day.

Feral - I played ladder ball for the first time EVER yesterday and dominated We played 3 games and Chelsea and I won 2/3. The boys were like this is what we get for putting the two bowlers on one team... muahahahaha
Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

skinnybride - totally jealous of your beach time glad you had fun!

feral - Good for you taking control of your decision. You know what you chose, why you chose it, and now you know how that choice made you feel... Maybe next time your choices will be different, maybe not! But it's great to be so self-aware. Kudos.

Weekend for me was okay. I haven't really been counting anything. I'm still trying to pound it into my head that I HAVE to make this happen. I tried on my bridesmaid dress for end of July this weekend with my boyfriend to help me zip it up - and had him confirm that it is far from being able to zip up. I'm a mess. I have to stay dedicated to the cause - I have to fit in that GD dress!! It's totally stressing me out. On top of that I am moving this weekend. Eep. So much going on!! One day at a time...
Old 05-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #5  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Skinny - I'm glad you had a good time!

Feral - I hate the days where I feel like I'm back at square one :C Don't sweat it girlie, you're doing fantastic!

Stella - Go Stella! You're my hero for getting to the gym that early.

Abluvion - Take a breath! Getting started can be hard, take it one step at a time. Moving is a great workout, so make sure you stay hydrated this weekend!

Wooo! Shaved off 2.5lbs since saturday! Despite having 2 beers and grazing a little bit at a grad party last night Today is a low cal day and a yoga day. I've got a good feeling about this calorie cycling thing!

Now off to make breakfast. Hmmm an egg white on toast sounds yummy.

Last edited by platformnine; 05-17-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #6  
Samantha417

Morning everyone!

The scale was at 143.2 today...It's going down slowly now, but I've been doing weight training every day, so I know that the slow weight loss is good.

My weekend was kind of boring. I did go to Target on saturday and left with 3 bikinis and 3 sundresses, and zero tears shed. For the first time in my life, bathing suit shopping was a breeze! (i forget if i shared this with you girls or not, so sorry for the possible repetition.) Saturday night I hung out with Greg. At a spur of the moment we went out to dinner....and I learned that we can't do spontaneous outings like that anymore. I need to plan my meals around it. But we went out to dinner, and then just went back to his place and passed out. Sunday I helped my mom garden for a bit, but I really hate gardening...it's just not my thing. I need to find things to do! I'm getting so bored!!

I have to work 12-7 today...and then come back home to do nothing yet again. My one friend is in Maine for the week, my other friend just sucks at contacting people, and my other friend wants to hang out tomorrow but I've already made plans with Greg. Plus she just wants to go out for wings, and I don't do wings anymore.

Skinnybride- glad you had a great time at the beach!! I'm dying to go to the beach but it's still too chilly!

Feral: Sounds like you had a great time overall, even if you're paying for it!

Stella: I'm going to try to get up at 5:00 tomorrow for the gym. It's going to be so hard, but great job for you!

Mary: hooray for the 2.5lb loss!!

Abluvion: I agree with Mary, getting started is the hardest thing...but you just need to keep your eye on the prize!! Fit into that dress!! You can do this!

Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #7  
I will do this.

After not such good days the last 4 days I am ready to commit to a healthy summer.

I am off to see the trainer, workout and weight-in (eep)!!

Will do personals later and report in on any loss/gain.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

I had a calorie-filled weekend. Drank last night with the hubby...only had 3, but I ate a bunch of doritos...and my weight is up, up, up...way up. Haha! About 5 lbs. up...I know it's water retention, so I know I gotta chug that water down today...hoping to see a better number tomorrow morning. Anyway, had a good weekend with my family and friends. Also I have decided that I'm ready for summer classes to start...I have been bored out of my mind...even with my son home.

Taylor...from last week's thread, yes, I will probably have another kid eventually. I am actually not on birth control now, so whatever happens, happens...BUT I would like to get done with school first. I have another year and a half to go.

Chele...as you may have read above, yes, I apparently gain too when drinking. Guess we will be working together on trying to get this water off.

Samantha...glad you are losing...even if it is slowly..that's the healthy way anyway, right? Also, I have gotten to wear I can't go eat somewhere at the spur of the moment either...it complicates things when you are trying to count your calories. And I'm also bored out of mind this month. I quit my job back in February because of school, but now I'm just sitting at home waiting on summer school to start back so that I have something productive to do.

Mary...good for you and your 2.5lbs!

abluvion...you can do it!

Feral...I thought about you last night when I was drinking a few Mike's margaritas and wondering how you did. Well, we can just drink our water and go on...it's not the end of the world.

Skinny...glad you had a good time!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #9  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Beach with the girls was such a nice break and we did go walking everyday i have blisters on the bottom side of my toes from walking on the sand which is weird i've never had them there.
Its a rainy monday here ugh i was hoping to get a lot of walking done today but i guess some dvds and tredmill it is
Old 05-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #10  
I will do this.

OK girls I went to the gym did 30 minutes of cardio and 60 minutes with my trainer (90) and then took my dog on an awesome hour long walk.

I got weighed in today after my weekend of naughtiness. +6 pounds. Eeek. I know this was gonna be bad but my trainer assured me that is water.

I have also fooled proof today so I *will* get back on track by spending waaaay too much money at Whole Foods for two people. Whole Foods is one of those stores where I can just go and literally buy almost everything I see. I love opening my fridge and seeing organic and natural meats, veggies and fruit. Usually I split my shopping to a regular store and then get a few select items at Whole Foods but this time I did the whole thing there and I got some beautiful food. I think I needed that.

Anyway, I feel great about getting back on track today. I am not going to beat myself up for after final celebrations but instead kick my booty into high summer weight-loss gear.

On the menu tonight: Trout, sweet potato and broccoli.

skinny Wow! Only up 2lbs for a vaca? I usually gain that in water weight just from traveling. I hope you had fun on the beach I am totally jealous.

feral OH honey, I am right there with ya on the drinking. I gave into beer this weekend...something I normally don't drink I am a paying for it. I hate fat days...I don't know what to do with them either. On the bright side, it is probably water weight anyway.

stella Dude. dude. duuuuuddde. 5:20am on the summer? You are like my hero or something. That's crazy! What do you think you'll eat for breakfast? What did you do for a workout?

plat Way to go on your weight-loss!! That's so awesome! Keep me updated on the calorie cycling!!

Samantha Swimsuit shopping a breeze? Oh how I wish for the day I can do that! I don't really like eating out, either. It's hard for me to plan and quite frankly it's really hard to not get grumpy that I can't have fries, too.

sgregg OH boy - you and me both are up up up today! But that's okay.. keep chugging that water (I am too!) and I am sure we will both be down tomorrow.

Last edited by Taylor86; 05-17-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #11  
Brighter than the moon!

Taylor - I need to eat something...maybe a banana and oatmeal. I was staaaarving today. I went up to about 1500 calories. I forgot that when I work out in the morning I want to eat my face off. Thankfully they weren't bad calories.

I think I'm going to make myself weigh tomorrow, just to shock myself back on track.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Mary - Congrats! Keep it up.

Stella - I'm looking into triathlons in the DC/Virginia area myself and I think I'm going to do a sprint. I'm going to go in and get a bike fit this coming weekend and then invest in a bike. I think I'm ready for a sprint tri. You should consider the sprint distance The one you told me is Olympic.

Feral - Don't beat yourself up. I ate out three meals this weekend (carne asada fries on Friday, tortilla chips and huge bowl of tortilla soup with guac on Saturday, clam chowder and meh calamari and fries on Sunday) and I had a good time. It was worth it with friends.

Jess - I'll get back to you on a July 5K. If you find one the third week of July, that would be IDEAL because that week I will for sure be in town.

I PR'd for my 5K yesterday and came in at 31:38 so I'm hoping to sub-30 soon. Gotta keep training. I'm back to college graduation weight and officially not obese according to BMI. Going to start swim training today.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

It's already a long week....and it's only Monday!!! haha We have MCAS testing today and tomorrow and I was in a room with about 57 high school sophomores doing math from 7am until 1:35pm. WAY TOO LONG....even for a math geek like me I only have to wake up 23 more times for work though until summer vacation!!! That is going to get me through the next month definitely!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

Jess - the reason I considered the Olympic is because a co-worker is doing it and he was like we can be friends.....

Still thinking about it. I need my tax refund back, then I could get a bike, then we'll see.

So after all that darn procrastination my final is done and submitted. Now I have an hour before bed. My bathtub is calling my name....
Old 05-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #15  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Taylor - Awesome workout session!!! I'll keep you updated on how the cycling goes. I was supposed to have a low day today but I'm switching it with Wednesday (a high day) because I did kickboxing instead of yoga today and I'm hiking again all day Thursday. Also, I ate a lot more than I was supposed to today lol.

Jess - Congrats on the PR!

Chele - You can make it!

eta: Stella - I'm debating getting a bike, too. Walmart has this one on sale and I really want it.

Bleeerrggg so much dinner food :C I literally wanted to throw up after eating it (but did not). My sister made dinner - cheesy broccoli mashed potatoes (only had a little less than a cup), the biggest pork chops I have ever seen (only had about 4 or 5 oz piece) and this nasty bacon and onion sauce that smelled good but just tasted like maple syrup. Also, raspberry turnovers (which were delicious, but I did not need to eat two). SO I switched my calorie days and Wednesday will be a low day since Thursday is going to be a really high day since we're going hiking again all day. Yay!

Last edited by platformnine; 05-17-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Closed Thread