Old 05-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

Default I gained it all back :(

So I checked my scale today. I have been trying to eat a little more lightly the passed couple days, but it doesn't seem to be working like it used to. At the beginning of the year I went from my highest weight 170 to 155 lbs. I got caught up with school and my weight was somewhat stable. However, when I just checked the scale now I am all the way back at 170! I feel really disappointed with myself. Have you been in this situation before? How do you get back on track and regain the energy, motivation, and positivity you once had?
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

I have totally been there - every time I've lost weight in fact, whether it took a couple months or a couple years - I've gained it back and then some.

I'm afraid I don't have any magical, sage advice for you. Maybe just this - don't spend time beating yourself up. The best thing you can do is to make up your mind, right now, to get back on track.

If you get back on track first thing tomorrow, by next Thursday morning, you will have made progress in the right direction. By next month, even more. Before you know it, you will be at 155. Nothing motivates me as much as seeing the scale move.

You can do this. Don't overthink it, just take the first step.
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:08 AM   #3  

Thanks Chickapea. I'm trying really hard to take my mind of this, and turn it into motivation, but its a struggle.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:16 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Sorry to hear about regaining your weight. The thing you have to remember is that dieting is not something you do just when you are trying to lose weight. You have to make changes to your WHOLE life. Most people, not saying you are one of them, diet lose the weight and then start eating exactly like they did when they were over weight. That's totally counterproductive because A) if you eat the same way as when you were gaining weight you just go back to gaining weight again and B) you will now gain faster because your BMR will be lower. You have to make changes for the rest of your life.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #5  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Sorry about the regain D: The upside is it's only 15 pounds! Some people I know who lost a lot of weight yo-yo even higher! Don't worry -- you did it once, you can do it again!
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #6  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Also, the stress could be holding the weight in. Honest to goodness, I just read a little bit of Seventeen at Stop N Shop and it said that.
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #7  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I've done that before. I lost a whole heap of weight and gained it back plus more. At least you didnt do what I did!!

Just remember what you have learned when you lost the weight the first time. It might take a couple of days to get back into the swing of things but then you'll be fine and the weight will just drop off you!

Good luck! x
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #8  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I ate everything in sight and sat on my butt while doing it for the entire month of April and gained 10 pounds back. It was extremely difficult to get the mentality and momentum back, but it can be done. I think mentality is key...don't keep thinking about the fact that you were at 155 and gained your weight back, you'll only make yourself feel worse. Just forgive yourself and remember, you did it before, you can do it again and then some! It IS possible! And like the others said, at least you didn't gain what you lost and THEN some!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #9  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Don't beat yourself up! Just get back on track.. you can do it!

I think alot of us have been there.. I have! I lost almost 40 lbs. and then over the next year gained it all back PLUS some. It sucks and I was ticked at myself.. but what can you do? I just started back over again. I am doing things different this time too.

You did it once, you can do it again!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

You can definitely do it!! I know the feeling. I am in just about the same spot as you. I was hovering around 155-150 and happy about it and then one day it said 178!! Whoa. Not what I wanted.

You just have to not beat yourself up about it for sure. Set up a new plan for yourself and get started! You will feel better once you've started the journey again
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone. I normally eat healthily, but I need to focus on portions again and not snacking on sweets.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

I have been in the same boat that you are in now. I had lost 50 pounds...I gained 25 of it back, and I honestly cannot tell you how I got back into the swing of things. It took what felt like forever to get back into though. something clicked, and I dont even think much about it anymore. I count my calories, drink my water, and exercise. I have lost 24 pounds...so I have 1 pound left to get back to my original 50 pound loss. Try to make it a game with yourself. Dare yourself to lose more than you did the first time. The good news is, that with muslce memory, it will be easy to lose those 15 pounds again, just don't give up when it gets hard again.
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165.5/126/125

Height: 5'1

There is nothing more discouraging than having to lose weight you have already worked so hard to lose!! I made that mistake once; I lost 39 pounds and I gained 13 back.. However, like these ladies said, you did it before and you can definitely do it again! Just get back on track and the pounds will come flying off with some motivation, support from us, and of course eating healthy and exercising.

Now for all you ladies who have had the same problem with gaining the weight you've lost back: (best thing I have ever done bc now there is no going back)

once something in your closet no longer fits you the way it's supposed to, donate it, give it away to someone you'll never see again or throw it out. When the clothes in your closet only fit your body the size it is now, you don't have that cushion to gain 5 pounds here or there. You'll learn very quickly that it is cheaper to maintain your weight than to go out and buy clothing in a size you promised yourself you would never wear again.

Keep your skinny jeans and lose your 'fat' jeans immediately! The way tailored clothes or jeans fit you really make you listen to your body. Oh, and wearif your jeans 10 times before you wash them so they stretch out and fit you comfortably doesn't count! (guilty)
LeiLah913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiLah913 View Post
once something in your closet no longer fits you the way it's supposed to, donate it, give it away to someone you'll never see again or throw it out. When the clothes in your closet only fit your body the size it is now, you don't have that cushion to gain 5 pounds here or there. You'll learn very quickly that it is cheaper to maintain your weight than to go out and buy clothing in a size you promised yourself you would never wear again.

Keep your skinny jeans and lose your 'fat' jeans immediately! The way tailored clothes or jeans fit you really make you listen to your body. Oh, and wearif your jeans 10 times before you wash them so they stretch out and fit you comfortably doesn't count! (guilty)
AGREE COMPLETELY ^^^

I lost a bunch of weight but then out of nowhere all my pants were getting uncomfortable tight. Sure set off the warning bells, sirens, and flashing lights!
Forced me into action because I refuse to replace my wardrobe with a higher size. So it's either lose the muffin top or go naked.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #15  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiLah913 View Post

These is where I failed before.. after I lost weight I didn't give away my bigger clothes. So when I slowly gained weight back I had other clothes that fit. So it wasn't that big a deal to me... NOW it is. So after I get into my smaller pants the bigger ones I have are gone!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote