Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Height: 5'6

Default biggest loser resort in utah

I was just wondering if anyone has gone or considered going? Especially if anyone is looking for a partner to try to support each other and share a double room? I'm looking into going to jump start my workout plan and figure out how to add it into a super busy life of a medical student/resident, since my schedule is so hectic and frustrating right now. I'm so tired of hearing even those who support me saying things like "of course you're not losing weight if you're not sleeping regularly, and you're always so stressed out"...but since that's just the way my life is going to be for at least the next ten years, i need to figure out how to push through it and still lose weight.
So basically, i'm just wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with it, or if anyone would be interested in going in mid-june with me.
nutrition junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

I would totally do it...but I don't have that kind of money. It's like almost 2,000$ for one week !
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/179/145 Previous 198/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrition junkie View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has gone or considered going? Especially if anyone is looking for a partner to try to support each other and share a double room? I'm looking into going to jump start my workout plan and figure out how to add it into a super busy life of a medical student/resident, since my schedule is so hectic and frustrating right now. I'm so tired of hearing even those who support me saying things like "of course you're not losing weight if you're not sleeping regularly, and you're always so stressed out"...but since that's just the way my life is going to be for at least the next ten years, i need to figure out how to push through it and still lose weight.
So basically, i'm just wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with it, or if anyone would be interested in going in mid-june with me.
What a great idea! I would love to do it but there is the baby sitter problem!
TracyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

If you want some first hand experiences go to their facebook alumni page. There are several people that are there or who have been there that keep blogs and link them on the alumni page. I've read tons of them and would really like to make it out there next year, but I don't know if I can actually spend that kind of money.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #5  

thanks for the info/support. Yeah my mom is actually considering paying for me to go as a present after i take the boards (i'm in medical school, only get one week off this year really).
Old 05-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #6  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

I actually emailed them a few days ago, and right now they are booked solid right up until Christmas. I am thinking of going in late january/early february as I finish my undergrad in Dec and don't start grad school until Sept. I am thinking of rooming off-campus though, because I can't imagine leaving my pups behind.
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #7  

you are right, the next opening they have is Dec. 19th. i feel so hopeless right now. i can't do it on my own living like this. i get one effing week off this entire year, i thought i could use it right, but of course not. i don't have any friends to take a vacation with, i have nothing to do except sit around and feel bad for myself the way i've been doing that got me this fat in the first place.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #8  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

There are some other places as well. I really liked the look of Hilton Head Health, but it's not feasible for me because they are only open in the summer. There is also Camp LaJolla's women's program, but all the reviews for that one seem to be terrible!
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote