Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #76  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Congrats on your losses, Bex and Rayosun.

Got official WI tonight along with a few other things.

Sounds like I am heading south Saturday to visit my best bud and a pair of old friends. I managed to get them into my guild in WoW, which basically means we should be able to chat more through computer headsets while playing online. So that's awesome.

I mentally giggled when a friend called Brie Cheese a health alternative. To what? Maybe canned cheese,

Happy Wednesday all.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday went better than Monday. Ate right on point, did day 2 of 30 day shred. I'm not necessarily committed to doing it for 30 days but it's easy to find 20 minutes amidst packing right now and I at least enjoy level 1. Felt like I did a lot of packing last night but there is still so much to go. One of my cats is kind of neurotic and chews off all his fur - it's getting worse with all the boxes around, I think he knows what's up. Lots of hairballs to clean up last night Walked to work this morning for the first time in a while (it's about a mile) too. Look at all this activity!

bex - congrats on the pound! hope you had fun out last night!

free - wtg being OP! how do you make the samosas? Aren't samosas usually fried? I LOVE samosas but I am having trouble imagining how to make them at home.

re: painting - we're renting too but the property manager gave us the go-ahead to paint. We just have to paint it back to white when we leave if the new tenants want it white. It's not often renters get to paint but they really wanted to rent to us so they made a bunch of concessions (including new carpet!). The place I'm in now had been painted different colors - yellow LR, purple BR, and seafoam green hall. Kinda weird. I want to choose colors and make the space MINE!

The DR we want to have half brown has one wall of big windows, so I am thinking it won't come off too dark. The light blue on top will lighten it up some anyhow.

zan - that is quite the variety of colors. So you find warm orangey red too orangey? I looked at our paint chip last night when I got home and it really reminds me more of a dusty brick color than orange... We'll see... I'm not sold on it but the BF loves it. Good luck at your WI, and have fun with your friends!

rayosun - congrats on the near half pound! Don't be discouraged with .4. That is still a loss, better than a gain, and those fractions of a pound add up. Definitely do what you can to be more certain of your food intake, then you'll know if the food is slowing you down or not. Capoeira intimidates the crap outta me too, but it looks pretty neat.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #78  
The Last 10lbs!

I made the filling for the samosas by boiling potatoes and carrots and mashing them together, then added some onions I'd softened with spray of extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Supposed to put in peas but I forgot! Then you put in spices (I used cumin, chili flakes) and herbs (fresh mint for me) and chill completely. Wrap the filling in filo pastry and bake in the oven. Filling and really warm inside, took me ages to eat them which I always like! Worked out to 2.5 points for two.

I am so worried that my boyfriend and I won't find a nice place for our budget. I don't want to commute too much if I can help it since I don't drive (here - I have a Canadian driver's license and I think I have to do some kind of course or something), so will have to rely on train and bus and that is so miserable when it's raining (and this is England so it rains often!). He seems fine living in student-style housing with stuff falling apart and landlords that don't care, but this year I've been in a nice, modern flat, with good heating and double glazed windows and I am NOT willing to go back to cheap housing. I really hope it doesn't cause a disagreement between us, but we've talked about it and he seems willing to accept my high standards, lol.

Best of luck with the painting!

Last edited by freedomreins; 05-19-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #79  
Warning 3FC Addict

Stressed cats are no fun (not that stressed anything really is), my Tig is more of a puker than a 'hairball' or shedding cat. I think it mostly has to do with her old age and sensitive stomach now though.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

May I jump in? I'm doing WW Flex.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #81  
~~Live And Let Live~~

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7

it's a good day! went 4 wheelin with my hubby. came home and ran a mile in 13.28 mins. thats 30 seconds faster than yesterday! i've lost another pound from 2 days ago. now going bowling tonight with friends.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #82  

Free - zomg those sound good. I will have to attempt it one day. Once my kitchen isn't in bits and pieces anymore... and who knows when that'll happen!

Hopefully your boy will raise his standards for you - it is way easier to live in a place nicer than your minimum expectation, but really super hard to go the opposite. So he needs to just muster up some courage and find a place with working heat and no leaks or bugs or anything. Hopefully he's easily convinced

Zan - I have a puker and a shedder/hairballer. Usually the neurotic cat is the puker, but with all the damn hair he's been eating off himself lately he's switched places with his brother. Good thing they're cute....

Lackie - Hi! Come on in. Congrats on your loss so far! Tell us about yourself?

Tainted - 4 wheeling is fun congrats on the pound!

Tonight I got most of the bedroom packed up. About to go do 30 day shred for the evening and chill out before bed. Tomorrow I tackle the kitchen and that leaves Friday for tying up some loose ends... But it looks like I am on schedule. I'm totally stressed about the move. I HATE moving. I can't seem to get away from moving once or more per year lately... alskfskja. I've moved nearly as many times as I am years old.

So far at least the eating hasn't been hard because I planned to rely on convenience foods. Ate one or two flex today which is fine, I earned it and more back in APs so not concerned there. Day 3 OP

Last edited by abluvion; 05-19-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Abluvion - Congrats on 3 days OP! That is always exciting. I hear ya about moving, I've done it too much the last 5 years.

Diamonds - YAY for losing weight and shaving time off your mile. It's empowering isn't it?

AFM: I'm 23 and going to school. Married to a wonderful hubby with one dog, whom I consider my baby. I have gone as high as 225 in my weight and was down to 185 until I moved and got really lazy. I just found a workout partner that is kicking my butt and won't let me quit and I don't let her quit when she wants to. I have a huge motivation for a wedding I am the personal attendant to and want to look great in pictures. Anything else just ask.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #84  
Warning 3FC Addict

Size 18 pants! *happy dance*
Old 05-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Hi! Can i join you ladies? My name is emily. Ive been doing ww at home since Nov. Ive lost 45 lbs so far. Im 26 Married and have a 18 month old Son. I am loving loving loving weightwatchers. It really is so easy to stick to and most of the time i struggle to eat all my points. Hope to get to know you all
Old 05-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #86  
~~Live And Let Live~~

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7

so last night was fun. we ended up havin dinner and a bon fire. it was great till this mornin. i drank too much crown and coke. so now i gotta run a little longer today but its worth it. Welcome emily! congrats Zan! i am on my way to size 18! im Almost there too!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #87  

lackie - what kind of dog do you have? i want a puppy, but my cats would hate me for it... awesome on the workout partner, that sounds like great motivation. i'm also motivated atm due to being a bridesmaid... can't make much progress before the wedding but i'd rather make some than none!

zan - yay!

emmie - congrats on your loss so far! welcome

tainted - sounds like a fun evening.

Peeked at the scale this morning, though I told myself I wasn't gonna look for another week or so. Am seeing good movement in the right direction So I will keep up what I am doing and put the damn scale away so I can have a nice big surprise when I finally officially WI
Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #88  
Warning 3FC Addict

Hiya, Em! If you are having problems getting all of those point in, switch an item to a higher point version. Like, for example, cheese. If you go for the reduced fat version now, pick up the full fat. So as you drop points (as you drop weight, ) you can change back to the lower point version. Same goes for other things like popcorn, yogurt, bread, etc. I hope that helps! You've got to get all your points in (the body needs fuel to keep working and losing weight), so I hope you have better luck.

Woohoo, Diamonds! You'll be in a set of 18s soon! (and be out of them and heading towards 16s just as quick, ) Sometimes we indulge a little, we've still got to live and enjoy life - c'mon! , but I love how you got right back on track!

Congrats, Ab, it's tough to stop playing on the scale,
Old 05-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #89  
The Last 10lbs!

abluvion - I'm hoping he won't be difficult to convince (I have my ways lol) and I truly think that if he sees that I really like a place that he'll agree to that one because he's already said it clearly matters more to me than it does to him and I'd probably say he's right about that. I'm really excited to start looking!! I'm almost afraid to look online because the places I see now won't be available by the time we go up in June and I don't want to fall in love with some pictures and not be able to rent it! Haha. I've moved a lot in my life too, and once a year for the last 5 years. Thankfully because I moved over here in suitcases and knew ahead of time I'd have to move several times over the course of my degree I don't actually have that much stuff!

Lackie & Emmie - Welcome to the thread!!

Congrats on the NSVs and the SVs this week ladies

Oh man, TOM is here and I have been so good for the last 3 days resisting the chocolate but I wanted it so badly tonight! I was going to go down to Tesco to buy some but I DIDN'T! Instead I had two squares of dark chocolate from the 85% cocoa bar I keep in the cupboard and a cup of tea. I'm 7 points over today but went out for lunch so kind of expected that.

The weekend is my indulgent time (well, flex-point-using time) so looking forward to having some chocolate or something (or a drink or three) tomorrow night with my boyfriend. We're going to a monkey rehabilitation centre on Saturday. It's basically a zoo but just with monkeys that have been rescued. The weather is supposed to be amazing so I'm really looking forward to it. I may even wear shorts, but I will blind the British public with my extremely white legs!

Talk to you all tomorrow and if not, have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by freedomreins; 05-20-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #90  

free - monkey rehab sounds very cool! have fun!

how's everybody doing? 4 days OP here of eating on point and exercising, pants are either feeling looser or it's wishful thinking Worried about the weekend, I won't be able to control my eating as strictly because, well, moving means you don't exactly have a functional kitchen for a while. Will get it set up ASAP and try to make good choices while eating out. Also doing Indian food for lunch today w coworkers but I have done OK there in the past so I think I'll be fine. Will probably be MIA for a few days while I move and unpack and set up - Hope you all have a lovely weekend!!
Closed Thread