Old 04-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #61  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Agreed - all men are d-bags (sorry Josten).

As for the spider/snake front - I HATE spiders. However, snakes don't bother me at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm cautious but it isn't above me to pick one up and move it (if I don't think it's poisonous or overly aggressive).

I have however learned to leave spiders and bugs that I think are icky alone. I won't purposely kill one unless I absolutely have to.

Learning more about the Native American Medicine Wheel and the symbolism that each animal brings has helped with this tremendously.

Doctor's appt. today at 3:15. I just hope he doesn't say "you have a cold, I can't do anything." That'll really piss me off.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #62  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Ha - I've only met one snake I liked. My roommate in college got it (or they would have killed it) and it was a baby albino corn snake. She was pretty. It took me 6 months to move across the room to talk to her through the glass, and another 3 to hold her, but she got used to my voice and she wasn't too terrible (except when she'd try to go up your pant leg then I'd be like AMIE GET HER OUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW).

Animals should have legs. That is all.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #63  

I had friends who had all sorts of reptiles... I didn't mind hanging around them, but I don't like feeding time. I know it's the circle of life, but it still makes me sad.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #64  
Workin' on it...

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Feral - I'm with you on the whole "circle of life" business. I got really into the Life thing on Discovery, but I had to turn off the episode about survival. I kept yelling at the rabbit to RUN, or whatever else prey animal was on. Chris was like, "If he doesn't eat it, he'll die...either way, someone has to go. It's the way it is." No. They can all be veggie eating friends. I said so.
MisplacedMyHailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #65  
Brighter than the moon!

Lauren, you crack me up lol.

That stuff doesn't bother me - my dream job is to go run around the jungle and chase tigers for a living. I have no problems seeing a deer die for food. Get shot in the head by a hunter, that's another issue, but I digress
Old 04-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Lauren - Thanks for the comment! ughkk...the stupid thing is I know I'm better off and I can do better, BUT I miss him gosh darn it! Time will allow me to heal, I'll be okay. I just wonder "does he think of me?" I met him on the road this morning on my way to work...I wanted to vomit!

Feral - Keep your chin up girlfriend...we really are twin-like! lol.

Thanks to the rest of you girls for all your support, it means alot to me!

Today is a tough day, well the whole breakup thing, my best friends dad has been battling cancer and passed this morning, and its pouring down rain and cold! gross! I have no motivation to exercise, I told myself all day I'd be going to the gym...and I just don't want to go. I also some how consumed 300 calories in the last 1.5 hours (banana and yogurt, BUT STILL!)

Maybe, if I don't go to the gym, I'll go walking for an hour...its not a hardcore workout or anything but its still exercise, right?! RIGHT? haha...thats me wanting you ladies to agree! And its TOM, and sometimes I just wanna freaking do nothing and that sometime is today!

My girlfriend took me to see the Back-up plan last night - hilarious!!!!!!!!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Jenny - Go for the walk and clear your thoughts It's good to be outside! Going into the gym when it's nice out should be illegal! Feel better girl. Things happen for a reason and just use this as extra motivation to look even hotter. Show that loser what he's missing!

Lauren - I would've decked the Hubs in the arm for that. That's no fun. Why didn't he help you load stuff? I don't have a fear of snakes or spiders, but I'm not a fan of animals jumping out of me from my peripheral. If it's in front of me or I usually can expect it there (like we have tons and tons of lizards here basking in the sun when I go for walks) it's fine but if it's something that moves quickly from my side, I don't dig.

Feral - Feel better, lady. Sleep up. Check your snail mail by the way!

Stella - Rest up! I'm happy CB is coming to pick you up. You really should like...let it be known. I want CB to change into BF Good luck with carbo-loading. I think I have to do it for my half. I'll figure that out next month haha. How do you eat your oatmeal by the way?

I got over my fear of insects while traveling though. HUGE cockroaches, HUGE freakin' spiders (that JUMP) and just...huge bugs. I've decided that most bugs have a purpose. They either decompose waste, or they eat the annoying bugs, and somehow are productive for the planet. The only animal that is worthless in my opinion is the mosquito. All they do is pester animals/people and spread diseases. Die!
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

I'm pretty ok when it comes to spiders, but snakes get to me!!! However, there was one time at school when the science teacher whose room was above mine had hissing cockroaches in a tank that got loose and they ended up climbing down my classroom wall. My god, I have never jumped on a chair so fast!!! The boys in the class were laughing at me because, as they said, "They can climb...what is standing on a chair going to do?" Very true, but I felt safer

I had an awful day at work today. Apparently, one of the other teachers refused to let one of my students take her makeup math test in the Learning Center because " (insert my name here) will just do the test for you and give you the answers". Seriously? How freaking unprofessional can someone be to not only say something like that about a colleague, but to say it to a 15 year old student of mine.

I was livid....but after venting for a couple minutes with my neighbor teacher, I emailed the teacher and basically told her what the student told me and then told her that it hurt my feelings that she would question my integrity and say something like that to one of my students when this teacher and I have been working together in her classroom for this entire school year. So obviously she sees me everyday with this particular class and she sees me during testing in her class. Ugh...only 36 more school days!!!!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #69  
Brighter than the moon!

Jess - Uh, I eat oatmeal plain. I get the TJ's frozen Steel Cut Oatmeal and don't add anything to it. I used to do it that way b/c I didn't want extra calories, but now I actually like the taste.

I'm sitting in the lounge at school eating baby spinach like its potato chips and people are looking at me weird. I feel like making a pop-eye noise.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #70  

So I went to the doctor.... He never told me what my actual diagnosis was. That was because we were too busy talking about music. I haven't seen him since 2005. He's almost 40 I think but has been the family PA for a long time. Well, I think I've known him since I was 18 because he did my physical for college... but I digress, we always talk about music cause he's cool like that. He gave me a Z-Pack told me to take Mucinex and drink a ton of water. My lungs don't sound too bad yet which is good but I'm coughing up a bunch of crud and my nose is still runny/congested.

The INTERESTING part of the visit was the weigh in. I was kind of excited to see what it was because you know, we take the doctor's scale as the gospel... Mind you, I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed 189.0. 1 FREAKING 89.... up from 183 on Saturday. I figure I'm holding extra water weight and snot since my body is stressed... I drank a lot so I'll give that a few extra lbs plus a bit of a binge last night....

*drum roll*

With clothes, sans shoes.

How in the ****????

I stepped on my scale at home this afternoon because I wanted to see what the difference was between the doctor and home. 185.4. How do I go from 189 this morning to 184 this afternoon with clothes? And no, I didn't poop today at work.

*shrugs*
Old 04-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #71  
Brighter than the moon!

Feral - weight loss is an odd thing. If you got a Z-pack you probably have an Upper Respiratory Infection. That's the standard script.

Ugh. I don't waaaaaaannnnnnnaaaa present my paper.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #72  

Stella - I love having smart friends!

I just picked up my z-pack. Gonna eat dinner than take my first dose. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.

I also found no sugar added bunny tracks ice cream. Not that I need it, but it's better than the CHOCOLATE CHESS PIE my dad brought home last night that I may have gotten into.... oops.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Hello ladies

I'm exhuasted...

Jenny/Feral- boys will be boys... they suck sometimes...and sometimes they dont... but never settle

Stella- if you're still having trouble eating carbs somehow I ate over 200 grams of them today lol

I'm not scared of anything...I'm the chick who has swam with wild sharkes, loves snakes ( I had a pet one in college) and saves spiders and just lets them hang out in my room

so my best friend is an official gun carrying police officer...and so is her boyfriend...its sooooo very strange but I'm very proud of her...the police academy is tough shes a 3rd generation police officer for the same county

we went out to dinner and even though I made very healthy amaziny food choices I was up a pound and a half... we can blame sodium and eating at 10:30 pm for that one... because I was def under calories

I did an hour on the stairmaster today and I've been doing soooo well with my weight training

Also have been doing awesome on my practice lsats
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

GIRLS!
Remember when I said I didn't want to exercise, well its effing cold here and rainy...and COLD! And so I went to the park for a nice walk...I ended up thinking and my walk turned into a 40 minute jog...THEN I remembered was night #1 of bootcamp....I WENT! so thennnnnnn I did an hour of insane boot camp...it was awesome. I feel like a rockstar! except - I am freezing...bootcamp is outside!

Feral - HELLLLLLLLLLL YEAH For 184!!!!!!!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #75  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Would you eat a meal bar with 21 grams of sugar and whose first four ingredients were "High fructose corn syrup, sugar, corn syrup, high maltose corn syrup"? Seriously. Who would buy this.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote