Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Bra size?

This is a mostly women's forum anyway right, so we can discuss this?

So I've gone awhile without getting new undergarments, but I had a slightly larger paycheck this week and decided it was time! I haven't bought smaller things since I was like 230 lbs. It's fun to buy smaller underwear, and though the band size of my bras have also decreased, so has the cup size. SERIOUSLY? I was a B. Now I'm an A.

Have you all found your size to decrease a lot? I mean, I wasn't big to begin with, but I really hope it doesn't shrink anymore. I'll have to buy one of those pre-teen bras or something...
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11

I have gone through sooo many bras. I started at like a 42DD now im a 34/36 FF!! YES FF! Thank you BRAVISSIMO! I have read so many places that when you go down a band you go up a cup, so technically a 40C is the same as a 36D. I cant wait till I'm done loosing weight and having kids so I can get some work done on my boobs. They are mostly 75% skin and its disgusting (TMI I know)
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I'm a 36 c and so far my breasts haven't shrunk, just my band size. I'm sure they will shrink because at 120 I was a 32 B so I expect to end up around there.
Katieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #4  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm not 20-something (50 actually), but was just signing in to 3FC to rant a bit on this very subject so I'll respond here.

THE DANG BOOBS WON'T SHRINK!!

It seems like small-breasted women lose there so easily, but after 1 year I have only lost 1 cup size, H to GG. And what triggered this rant was having to order the next band size down a few minutes ago resulting in a 32GG bra. Are you kidding me? The last 32 I had was my starter bra in 6th grade and I was not a fat kid so having a hard time wrapping my head around ordering 32 anything.

I will tell you when you get to my age, you'll be glad of the smaller "girls". Mine are scary how far they fall when the bra comes off (of course by that time the beau's eyes are crossed so he doesn't notice...)
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #5  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I was a 36D at my highest weight, 190 or so, and just this week I was able to fit back into my 36C bras! I don't mind them most of the time, in fact, I kind of like my rack, but I'm trying to fit into my cousin's wedding dress in September, and I'm popping out of it with a D cup.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

Mine just seem to be withering away! Its sad that they used to more than fill a D cup and now those bras are sagging and there is tons of extra room. I have no idea what I should be wearing bra wise, I just tighten up my bigger ones and go with it. :P

When I've got some extra money I'll splurge and get measured for a bra, go find something cute.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

I wish mine would shrink nicely! Now they're smaller but wrinklier.

I went from a 38DD to a 34C after losing 40 lbs. I'm hoping to be at 34B by the time I hit goal because I think that size is just perfect on my frame.
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Once upon a time, I was a 36FF. And I lost some weight. And I exercised. And I went to physical therapy. And I remained a 36FF.

So what's a girl to do? I had mine reduced surgically. Now I'm around a 38C/36D. Part of me wishes they would be a little smaller, but overall it's soooo much better than 36FF. My back muscles don't really lock up on me anymore and I can actually FIT into some tops.

Even though my body didn't take to the surgery all that well, I don't regret the decision one bit! As far as boob shrinkage goes, from my understanding how much you will shrink depends on how much of your breast is fat and how much is breast tissue. If it's mostly tissue you have (and you'll probably know, because your boobs will be H-E-A-V-Y) then there won't be too much downsizing. If there's some fat, then you'll lose some boobage as your weight goes down. Thus was the explanation from my PS as to why, even though I had lost weight, my boob size did not shrink. Ironically, I had almost NO fat in my boobs (can't say the same for my hips!)--it was almost all tissue (to elaborate on this, I lost 5.5lbs of boob through surgery).

Last edited by pihlaja; 04-23-2010 at 07:05 PM.
pihlaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #9  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I was a 42D at my highest weight of 300lbs. I'm now a size 36-38D depending on the bra at my current weight of 204lbs. At my lowest weight in high school I was a 32-34D and I weighed an average 150lbs, weight went up and down a lot. This was after I had lost 80lbs+ then too...so I don't really expect them to get smaller, kinda hope they would though.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #10  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

at my highest weight I was a 40DDD, and for the longest time I was still wearing those bras....up until about a week ago actually. they were literally hanging off of me and I might as well have not been wearing a bra...but I was broke and they were all that I had.

The other day I went bra shopping. I was expecting to be a 36F....turns out I'm a 34G. I have never been a 34, ever. Seriously. I don't even remember being that small, even in training bras. My cup size is pretty much the same (because when you go down a band size you go up a cup size)....but my band size has gone down A LOT. I WISH that my cup size would go down, and I'll tell you right now if they get any bigger I'm not waiting till I have kids, I'm getting a breast reduction. lol
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Like pihlaja, my bra size doesn't seem to change when I lose weight. Last time I lost weight, I wore a 36DD before the weight loss and after.I've only lost 15 pounds so far (this time) but there's still no change in the bra area. If anything, they look bigger because I always seem to lose weight in the stomach area first, making my breasts look huge.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I went from being a 44DD to a 36B. My breast had basically no tissue left and were just floppy skin. No one really noticed because they didn't see me naked and I invested a lot of money in nice bras from Victoria Secret that created an illusion of breast.

When I had my tummy tuck in a year and a half ago I also had a breast lift and implants. The implants are a bit bigger then I would have liked but my doctors goal was to fill in the tissue. So now I'm a 36/38 DD debending on the bra. However, I'm getting another lift in June (mine fell) and I'm hoping that once they are put back into place they'll be a D.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #13  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

My breasts have definitely shrunk some after I've lost my weight, but not as much as I was expecting. I was really hoping that getting thinner would give me more firm, perkier boobs as I lost the fat in them, but if anything, they're baggier and saggier.

My band size is what has really made a difference. I need some new bras, but I want to wait until I hit my goal or else I'm afraid I'll have to buy again later. I wish they weren't so expensive.
Kirjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Well I suppose its nice that I wasn't bigger to begin with. Everyone is mentioning the sag and I guess that won't really be an issue for me! But it's kind of sad to know that I'm gonna be pretty much flat chested if it keeps on as it is. Size A seriously... that's like... pre-teen. Haha... I shoulda just figured. If I make any comparisons with my mom and my sister, who are both thin, my sis is an A, and my mom is a very small B.

I guess I have always enjoyed the fact that it doesn't HURT me to run or work out hard while just wearing a simply spaghetti strap cotton bra... haha...
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #15  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

Well, at my highest (270) I was a 42I (shoulda been wearing a 44 tho). Now that I've lost almost 60lbs I'm a 40I. Oh well, I don't expect I will ever have a normal sized chest without surgery (which I fully intend to have when I'm all done having/nursing my kids).
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote