Old 04-20-2010, 02:35 AM   #16  
Ready for a change!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 277/277/150

Height: 5'8"

This is my first time I'm trying to balance out having a healthy lifestyle with school. Unfortunately, I wasn't too strict about my plan yet and then finals showed up. I'm still eating well, just not getting in that exercise. That's my goal for next semester...Eating wise, I study at school so as to avoid snacking on things at home. Not a lot of options at school (and some of them I don't like) so its pretty easy to avoid overeating there. I keep a 1L water bottle with me, so if I get hungry (which I'm most likely not, I'd just rather be doing anything else than studying), I'll drink my water And I'll have the odd coffee/tea and I pack my lunch/dinner or go to the Subway that's on campus

I hate finals...
love114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #17  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

You are some lucky English majors! I'm getting my masters in English and I have 3 essay-exams and two papers due. The papers are due the day of the exams and the exams are 3 hours each. I deal with stress with video games. I play a lot of Call of Duty Modern Warfare and take out my stress on unsuspecting opponents who think girls aren't any good at the game... muahahaha.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm a nursing major not an English major lol. Usually for dead week I'm just trying to get through the week and every else goes by the wayside'. I'm definitely gonna try some of the things you guys mentioned.
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #19  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Really. Badly. That's how I deal. I've been trying to work on that, actually. When stressed, I've always turned to food.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #20  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Holy crap. English majors FTW!

I've got four papers to knock out of the way before the end of next week... One of which I foolishly decided to do on Moby-Dick, and to top off my masochism, the other on The Wasteland

I see lots of popcorn, coffee, treadmills and tears in my future.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/150

Shesh, English majors galore! I'm a Psych major. *waves* And I have to confess that school generally gets me really off track with eating but I have been staying focused on working out, so my lack of self control is not showing up...yet. I hope to eventually conquer the balance of being healthy and dealing with the pressure of school.
Digging Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Make sure to have plenty of healthy snacks around and to take exercise breaks.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 161/135/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm premed

I find that the best thing to organize everything. Clean your room, make a schedule of when(and what) you will study, and plan to start studying ahead of time. Having a clean room and a well organized schedule will help lessen the stress. It's never fun to pull all nighters when finals week comes, but if you get everything in order, you don't have to.

I find that after I get everything else in order, the exercise is easy since I have free time in my schedule. And with less stress, it's easier to eat right. I would also suggest maybe treating yourself to something once or twice.
Halfhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 212/198.4/160

Height: 5'6"

This week is the week before exams for me. On Saturday I spent half the day cooking for finals so I don't have to worry about it now.
rayosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

I pretty much give up on getting any exercise that week, but I still eat well.

I'm a computer science major, and it's a little harder to study while on the elliptical since I can't exactly have my computer on there with me most of my studying requires more stuff than I can bring to the gym. I saw someone said working out was as important to her as exams, that's not the case for me. Exams are going to be my #1 priority that week - I am pretty sure I will not lose that week, but I know that I will not gain. I would much much rather pass all my exams and have a week off of working out than fail/not do as well as I would have liked because I went to the gym instead of studying. I can start busting my butt again when the semester is over!
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #26  
improving life!

so I am right in the middle of all my finals and this is pretty stressful this semester since I'm taking more classes than I usually do, and one class I could fail!! AGH! And then to top it off I have to rush back to my hometown the day after exams are over to go to court for reckless driving!

anyway, I decided to just not concentrate on weight loss this week. I have way too much on my mind and didn't want to be thinking about making sure I dropped some weight too. I have ended up eating more since I am sitting at home studying or writing for long hours. I'm still trying to work out the days I can afford to and I'm hoping to just not gain any weight. Lol we shall see.

I've already planned to move my butt in gear after this week is over (the court hearing is done and I'm back in my home town). Luckily ignoring weight loss isn;t bothering me, nor is eating more. My body was getting way too used to my routine and I kept changing my eating habits every week which was throwing me off, so I think this will be good for weight loss in the end.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm horrible during finals week. I work great under pressure so studying and cramming is fine but I never take any breaks to eat and end up just snacking on junk food and soda all day.
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #28  
improving life!

lol, that is pretty much what i am doing. except i made sure to not purchase any really unhealthy snack foods
Old 05-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #29  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

I'm freaking the f&%$ out about one class. My teacher fudged up the grading and now I have a C, when I HAD a high B a week ago. I'm scared she won't fix the problem, or I'll have to go all super psychotic student and start badgering her to fix it. I also have to get an A on the final to get an A in the class. I can't study until our in class study session tomorrow because she said she'll tell us exactly what to study. I hate situations like this. Gjdgkjdsgjskkskskd

The other classes are in the bag. Next semester will be horrible though. 15 units, and my only "fun" class will be piano.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #30  
improving life!

piano sounds amazing!!! next semester will be a breeze for me. i'm getting some electives and general studies classes out of the way so a lot of my classes end up being freshman level, lol! can not wait for that!

that sucks your teacher did something last minute with the grades and that sucks she hasn't told you what to study yet, i would be freaking!!