Old 04-13-2010, 03:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

Default Getting married???

I am getting married this summer... 3 months to go!!! I had a bit of a break there for a few weeks due to family visiting and being ill, but i am getting back on track. My plan is to lose one pound every other week (it come off really slow for me!) and work out 4-5x a week. I am trying to stick to 1200-1500 calories a day. My goal is to be 112-115 for my wedding.

What are you wedding goals? When is your wedding? What is your exercise plan? I am curious to know, and i would love to give/get support to meet our goals!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #2  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Maenad! My wedding is July 24th and while I was originally hoping to be at my goal of 145 then, I'm not sure that's going to happen (I mean, it might - I just don't want to stress out over it too much.) I would still like to lose another 15ish pounds, which seems reasonable, over the next 14 weeks.

As for exercise, I run 4 days a week (usually 2-3 miles), do yoga 3 days a week (15-20 minutes each) and dance 2-3 nights a week for an hour each. Besides that, I try to get outside for walks whenever possible, especially now that the weather is getting nicer here For eating, I usually shoot for around 1,400 calories a day, although I don't count religiously. Mostly, I'm focusing on adding higher quality foods - more fruits & veggies, good proteins, etc.

Do you have your dress yet? I'm planning on doing consignment or off the rack for mine (something cheap!), so I don't have one yet. Hopefully within the next few weeks, although I'm afraid of getting something I love and then not being able to take it in if I do wind up losing a bunch more weight.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #3  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Ooo, I like this thread! I'm getting married on Sept 25, 165 days to go! I am definitely hoping to be at goal by then, so that's 20 more pounds to lose. I'm counting calories, staying between 1350 and 1500 every day, and doing 30 minutes of cardio 3 days a week, walking my pup the other 4. Smisen, I am majorly impressed by you, especially with the exercise! That's fantastic.

I do already have a dress - I borrowed my cousins gorgeous dress that she used last SEptember in her wedding. At the moment, it fits (it zips up, I mean) everywhere, but I definitely want to make my arms look waaaay better for a sleeveless dress, and be slimmer all around. Plus, I've got about two cup sizes on my cousin, and I'd love to slim those down instead of being Jessica Rabbit in my wedding gown.

Exciting!!
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:15 AM   #4  

smisen - I'm getting married on the 24th as well!!! I think your goal for 15 pounds is reasonable. we have 101 days to do it in!!! I haven't bought a dress yet. I am planning a small casual wedding, so i am just going to get a J.Crew sun dress or something like that. I don't want this wedding to break our banks, so we're keeping it small!

Priscatip - i think 20 pounds by september is doable! You're so lucky to have your dress already. What kind of wedding are you planning, big or small? and you know your day count.....are you a Knottie too?!?

So i have been really good about getting back on plan. I have been running the last few days and doing my work outs. I Have the next few days off of work, so thins is where i really have to watch my food, i tend to go a little over the top if i'm not working.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #5  
Still working on it..

S/C/G: 306/ticker/130

Height: 5'3

I am getting married on October 23rd 2010! I have been loosing weight for a variety of reasons, but one is to look good on the wedding day. I have found the dress I wanted and actually bought it once, but they had to take it back because I lost too much weight and they couldn't take it in! They didn't believe me when I asked if they could take the dress in more than three sizes! That was an awesome feeling, but now I have to go back in June and get re-fitted for the dress I want so they can make sure it comes in in time! I am worried about loosing too much again, but I think I will ask them to order at least one size down. I figure that way they should be able to take it down two more sizes or let it out 1 size(this is not going to happen-too determined).

What do you all think?
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #6  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Ok, I'm not getting married anytime soon, but I do have a wedding goal for when that day finally arrives!

One day I want to look amazing in something like this stunning Oleg Cassini dress. I worked at a wedding convention a couple of months ago (travel agency) and it was in the runway show!

Last edited by platformnine; 04-18-2010 at 10:38 PM.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #7  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

I'm going to be in my older sister's wedding on June 27, does that count? Haha.

Yeah I'm...totally not getting married anytime soon, I just wanted to comment to Mary that OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress. I pretty much stalk davidsbridal.com and kleinfeld.com because I love looking at wedding dresses. But that one is gorgeous and definitely unique for DB.

Last edited by aliquot; 04-18-2010 at 11:02 PM.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

I'm getting married this year! On December 3rd. I don't want to go dress shopping until I lose a bit more though, but I can't wait!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #9  

aneleh - I know what you mean, going dress shopping would be hard when you aren't at the right weight.

Mary / Aliquot - That really is a Beautiful dress!

Bekah - That sounds like a horror story of bridal dresses! I Hope you find one that fits and doesn't have to be majorly reconstructed to fit!.

I got a dress the other day, I just ordered it online, i have no idea if it will fit or not, they didn't have a size small so i got the medium, i know i will have to have it hemmed, but hopefully it can be taken in a bit all over!

Last edited by maenad; 04-19-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #10  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

It's all very exciting, isn't it? And hugely motivating.

Up to this point I've been firm with myself that I can't do "lose X lbs by X date", but the wedding sure makes a big target!

My BF proposed about a week ago and we're talking about a July/August weddding. We're very non-traditional, so the speed works for us, but I am currently thinking about doing the Big White Dress thing, for which rebooting our diets is looking like a must.
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/170/145

getting married july 17! 89 days to go! i would like to be at 149 lns which would put me at 22% body fat. 13 lbs. to lose--and do-able.

workout-
sunday-30 min. strength, 45-60 min cardio
monday- day off
tuesday- 30 min. strength (personal trainer), 45-60 min. cardio
wednesday- 60 min. cardio (intervals on treadmill)
thursday- 60 min. cardio
friday- 30 min strength (personal trainer), 45-60 min. cardio
saturday- 60 min. cardio (intervals on treadmill)
chels38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

I'm getting married on October 27, and I am desperately hoping to reach my final goal of 125 pounds, but I would still be thrilled to be 140 pounds or less. So that gives me a little over 6 months to lose 35-50 pounds. It's definitely ontainable, especially since I actually LOVE exercise. When I'm on track, I lose 2-2.5 pounds per week. Recently had a slipup, though, due to a viral illness. I don't have to worry about dress shopping, though, because my parents didn't save a cent for my wedding and don't want to give me a cent, so we're going to elope. Wanted to elope on Halloween since it's my favorite holiday, but it is unfortunately on a Sunday.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

I told my DF I'm not even picking a date until I hit goal (or really darn close to it). I hate having my picture taken, mostly because of the weight. Of course a wedding is a huge deal and I want tons of pictures so I am waiting until I'm nearly "picture perfect" so I can have the day of my dreams (which will probably be very non-traditional but still). My first marriage I was thin for the wedding but it was not the wedding I wanted by any means. This time I'm not settling for anything... It will be the way I want it or it won't happen at all. Gives me a big goal to work towards.
guttergirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #14  
Still working on it..

S/C/G: 306/ticker/130

I figured I would post in this thread again just because I am getting excited and I wondered if there are any more of you out there who are getting married??

I am going back to get measured for the gown on Monday and I am extremely excited, but nervous at the same time. I have lost just over 30 lbs since they took back my first dress, but I think I am still going to ask them to order a size lower than what I am fitting into. I am determined to loose at least another 26lbs before the wedding! I want to ask your opinion out there; If I fit comfortably into one size(in other words I could wear it tomorrow and be comfortable), should I order 1 size smaller or 2 sizes smaller? I know it is a gamble and they will try to convince me to order the size that fits me now, but I know I will at least loose one size.....

I am not usually so particular about clothing, but I have never felt that I have looked great in a dress and I think my wedding day would be the perfect time for that to change

Anyone else out there excited about their wedding day coming up???
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Ohh!! I'm so excited for all of you!!

I have no 'official' plans for my wedding yet, but I mentioned this weekend to my boyfriend that Sept 3, 2011 will be our 6 year anniversary (of our first date) and will also be a Saturday - perfect day for a wedding!! He said he liked that idea (and marriage has been discussed and is in our plans..and I just graduated from college this May lol) sooo I'm really crossing my fingers for a proposal in the next few months.

Definitely gives me extra motivation to lose this weight. I want to feel gorgeous when that day comes and be basking in the attention, not worrying about how my arms/waist/etc looks!! lol

Last edited by Alicia87; 05-31-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Woohoo!! 100 posts lol
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote