Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Aliquot - Hm, I don't actually know enough about how much water you need, but I know that if you're sweating and working out, you need to replace the loss water. I went with a gallon every day last week and I'm still doing about that right now. Definitely do try the breath in through your nose out through your mouth, and take deep breaths. Focus on the amount of time you breathe, and who cares if it's a brisk walk. Don't break yourself. Just slowly train yourself and you'll get there. Stay positive about the running.
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #92  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Well that just makes me feel like I suck. :\
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #93  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

omg i'm watching glee online right now...

"did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?"

sorry glee quote moment...

SO today i swam for an hour. wooo hooo!!!!

and i saw 165.0 on the scale this morning!!!! yaya for post vegas / post TOM whoosh!!!! i think my body appreciated the healthy food i've been giving it for the past few days.

Last edited by jazzang; 04-14-2010 at 10:41 PM.
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #94  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Sam - CB was telling me that too much water makes you cramp like that - he was a cross country runner in highschool and still does it. You probably have to find a balance, and week 4 is HARD! The breathing that Sam talked about does help but I found that when I was running I was trying to match my pace with the music and that was a big problem. I was running slow, but my strides were uneven. I can't eat or drink for about an hour before I work out, or I feel I'll, and this is especially true for running. Don't give up, you can do it

And you do not suck. When I first started I was running at like 3.8 on the treadmill. It's not about the speed, it's about the motion. You just have to get your body used to it.

Last edited by stellarosa27; 04-14-2010 at 11:29 PM.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #95  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Aliquot - you definitely dont suck. Rome was not built in a day and the same goes for running. C25K is hard. There are going to be times when you have to walk and repeat that workout the next time. I repeated 1 of those days like 7 times. This doesnt mean you will, but I'm just saying it happens. And Stella is right. I can remember my trainer telling me to run at 4.2 and i couldnt last 3 minutes.

Jenny - MMA? When did you start doing that? I have always wanted to try it.

Samantha - I had you in mind when I went to my function tonight and wanted to go to the gym afterwards. The glass of wine, one rail, and champagne toast told me it would not be a good idea. This lightweight thing is getting out of control

Feral - Charlottesville? Wave to me when you are on 64 west near the short pump exit. I went to college in cville. Its a nice small town with a lot of character. Have fun

Haley/ Feral - you both have dropped some serious weight since I met you. Feral you have lost like 14lbs since I rejoined the bandwagon. I need to get my butt in gear otherwise I wont be able to keep up. Its inspiring ::queue rocky soundtrack::

Jess - yeah sure. I'm down. I didnt even know they had a 10K. I will try an sign up this weekend. Come for the SunTrust one. i can make a pasta dinner.

jazz - the whoosh is the best part

Today I realized that I have been around the same weight for 2 months. The weekends are my down fall. I need to get out of the house or get stuff done so that I am not in the kitchen half the day. And for the rest of April I am only weighing myself on Saturdays. This daily thing is driving me bonkers

I also counted and I have 14 weeks until I hit the beach with my friends this year. if these past 14 weeks are an indicator, i am in big trouble. I said last year that I would fit into a bikini this year and I am going to do it. Turning it up a notch and staying on plan starts now.

Side note - anyone have any good ideas a potluck dish I could make. i am going to a game night tomorrow and someone is already bring my go to veggie and fruit platter.
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Sam - I didn't mean it like that. I mean take things at your own pace. A lot of it is just finding what works for you. You can't go too fast too quickly because that's like a recipe for injury. I have looked at W4 and it IS hard. It goes from like no time to 5 minutes. So maybe modify W4 and make it work for you. The C25K schedule is not set in stone and try your best I know you can do it. Just take baby steps.

Star - Alright! You can't sign up until May 5 for the 10K but yayyyy I'm stoked. We definitely don't have to run at the same pace (since you will kick my ***) but it'd be great to do it with somebody. What's the link for the marathon? I'll have to find a way to get to Richmond but I'm down. That'll give me 7 months to train.

Jenny - I TOTALLY FORGOT TO RESPOND. Vibrams are these barefoot glove looking finger toes super ugly padded thingys that basically protects your feet from icky stuff but nothing else. It's essentially barefoot running. And I did 1.4 miles in that tonight and holy cow. Blister on the big toe. Gotta break that stuff in. And my calves are quivering. But I feel much lighter when I run. I think I just gotta break them in, like shoes.

Jess - WOHOO for 165! That's great for post-Vegas! Where did you go in Vegas?
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Jess ~ Barefoot running? Wow...that's quite impressive!!!!

Jazz ~ I adore Glee, but haven't been able to watch the season premiere yet due to other commitments. I have a date with hulu this afternoon though and I am so freaking excited!

My 20 month old nephew is home for a week and he just got here last night and I am so excited to have him her. He's working on my name (my nieces call me Mimi since it's a family nickname). Anyway, right now I'm Melmo! haha He's so cute!!!! I really hope school goes by quick today so I can rush home and play with him
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #98  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Jazz - Omg Glee was soooo good. Me and my friend Scott were literally squealing the whole time.

Yesterday was my rest day and my lower calorie day, yet I was starving all day. I think I stayed within my calories and I ate good snacks as opposed to bingeing. We'll see if the scale is agreeable to how hungry I was yesterday.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #99  
Workin' on it...

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

So yesterday morning I was at 168.0. That has been my "stuck" point since mid/late March. I've been eating well, drinking plenty of water (and nothing else) and trying to watch my sodium as much as possible. I was able to squeeze in a workout yesterday, but overall my physical activity has increased with being at the farm. This morning, I am at 166.4! Is this possible/accurate? You ladies have so much more experience in this stuff. I hope that someone can explain! My TOM was also last week (ending Mon/Tues this week), so could that have something to do with it? I feel nervous to get too excited...

Last edited by MisplacedMyHailo; 04-15-2010 at 08:18 AM.
MisplacedMyHailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #100  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Sam - girl, I am going to have to do week 2 over again. I've been having the hardest time with the runs and just don't think I can move to week 3 yet. So, don't beat yourself up. Remember, it's not about speed or distance per say, it's about getting your body moving. I don't really have any suggestions for the cramping issue. I would say try what the girls suggested here. And may I say I think it's ridiculous that your gym won't allow you guys to take water. I would think that would be dangerous!!!! Hang in there!!!

Jazz Jess
- YAYYYYYY!!!! 165! You're such a rock star. Where are your Vegas pics?!!??!?! I demand them!

Alana - I just want to hug you right now!!!! You are sooooo sweet! I don't feel like it's been that much weight loss that fast, personally, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Don't feel bad about stalling on your weight loss. I had the same problem and it really kicked my a$$ into gear realizing that it took me 2 months to lose the same as I had in one month. You WILL be ready by your beach trip. And OMG - You've lost 50 lbs!!!! You're so close to your goal!!!! YOU, my dear, are an inspiration!

Jess - I've seen Vibrams before. They look so weird. I can't believe you RAN in those!!!! You are such a running rock star!

Chele - how adorable!!!! I hope your day goes by quickly!

edit due to crosspost: Mary - you're so funny! And yay for not binging.

Halo - CONGRATS!!!! Personally, I would say it was a post TOM woosh. Maybe it just took your body a few days to finally let go of any water retention. What you really need to do is pay close attention to your weight right before TOM, I don't really worry so much during, but you could just for kicks and then post. That way you can see if your body has a pattern of gaining/releasing. I usually gain 2-4lbs during and then lose those plus a few after. During TOM I try not to weigh because it makes for a sour relationship with my ovaries and scale. Also, see what you weigh tomorrow. You may be about the same and if so I would take it!!!!

--------------------------------
Alright girls. The plan has changed a little, but I'm still going to see Mike this weekend. (there is a squeal of excitement and a whole lot of nervous knots in my tummy) but we're going to Richmond instead. There is more to do there (luckily its an hour less drive for me WOOHOO!). Mike planned it out (score for him, right?) so who knows exactly what we'll get into. I know we're going to the IMAX to see Hubble 3D... I'm so stoked because I'm a nerd like that and I love outer space. I always say I want to live there and my dad says I already do. HAHA!

I got my hair TRIMMED yesterday (you may remember me briefly mentioning I'm not going to cut my hair until I reach goal). It was SOOOO hard not to tell her to take it shorter. It gets to a point and I'm like "CHOP IT OFF" so that was pretty big for me. But I remembered all of you and it's just another push to stop being lazy and to really make this work.

I went shopping at TJ Maxx and Ross... just to see if I could find any cute tops for this weekend. I found 2 shirts. One for work and one that was (this is a NO NO here) way too small but it was just so damn cute I couldn't leave it on the rack. It's actually made by the same company that made my awesome yellow jacket (that yes, I will be wearing at some point this weekend!). So, it's definitely a GOAL shirt. I don't know if I'll be able to wear it in 15 lbs or not, but I WILL be able to wear it eventually.

I have ONE more work out to meet my goal of 15 by Friday. WOOHOO!!!

Tonight I'm going to get a pedi - YAYYYY - and I have to clean my room, pack and work out. I'll be leaving tomorrow after work. (squeals and nervous butterflies again)

I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day!!!

Oh! And I saw 185.4 on the scale this morning! WOOOOO!

Last edited by Feral; 04-15-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Augh. Not much time again.

Getting depressed because I have been stuck in the same weight range for like a month since coming back here.

Though, I took my measurements today. Gleefully! Last time I did was March 9, and indeed, I have lost cm in most places. My favorite is that I went from 42 waist to a 38. And my 41 bust stayed the same. That means that my waist is now smaller than my bust. Yaaay shrinking. Mostly shrunk a little bit everywhere though.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #102  

I AM NO LONGER OBESE!!!! [just overweight now LOL]
Old 04-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #103  
Workin' on it...

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Woohoo! Go girl! I have loved watching the FitDay BMI scale going down, so I know how excited you must be. I've also liked not seeing my Mii on WiiFit balloon quite so much when I weigh on that! haha

Thanks for the response on my miraculous weight loss, too. I'm hoping that the scale will be friendly tomorrow, as well. *Fingers Crossed* I had a mini goal of getting to the 150s by May, but I'm not so sure I can make that in just two weeks...
MisplacedMyHailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #104  

How about by the end of May? That MAY be doable since you have 6 weeks. I mean, you're really going to have to bring your A game but it would still be in the month of May.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Good morning ladies

Halo- I would take it...sometimes I lose 2 pounds overnight and I only notice it because I'm a daily weigher....its not like it happens two days in a row but its just a random woosh and then evens out....

Feral- Yay!!! ten more pounds and I'm joining you... you know if we were 5'7" we would be there sooner haha

Chele- Thats cute...sometimes its fun to have a random name... the kid I Nanny for today decided he was going to call me half chicken... I cracked up but it was really cute

Alana- You're too sweet... I have noticed I'm losing pretty quickly...but I also kick my butt in the gym... I also have a lot still to lose... its crazy to think I've lost 95 pounds and I'm just now where some people start out like omg

Jess- you're sooo crazy... running barefoot reminds me of the hippie chick who lived in my apartment complex who would walk on the train tracks and rocks barefoot to shool...ouchy

Jazzy- Yay!!!

Sam- You dont suck... I read a blog where the lady says she runs so slow its like shes going backwards dont worry... dont compete with others just yourself

Today is my friday!!! I've done the stairmaster 3 days in a row... an hour monday and tuesday and just 40 minutes yesterday followed by some elliptical time... My body is angry maybe I'll do spin or something tonight...

Not much else going on... I was supposed to go to the Tikki Bar opening tomorrow but it's just such a hassle and I dont feel like dealig with it... Tikki Bar opening is the only cool thing that ever happens in Southern Maryland
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote