Old 04-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default When did you first notice yourself shrinking?

I am wondering from those of you who have lost weight, when did you start to tell? I have lost about 16 pounds, but I don't really "see" it. Granted, I have a long way to go, but I was hoping to start noticing a difference in myself. I have lost an inch or two all the way around, but honestly, my pants still fit the same. I carry all my weight in my core....so I am sure that 16 pounds didn't come off my legs or arms. When did other people start to notice that you were smaller?

Last edited by jaimie1980; 04-11-2010 at 06:33 PM.
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

For me, it was like two weeks after I started. It was our recruitment(rush) weekend for my sorority and I had bought new jeans just for the event. When I put them on, they are super-baggy in the thighs and butt; it was totally laughable. For the record, I think they were just a bad cut for me and the time I spent wearing them before the weekend stretched them out.

Other people started to notice at about 20 lbs. mostly.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

It takes me a while to notice. The closer I get to goal the faster the lbs = size change = me noticing .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

For me, it was probably about 20 lbs before some of my clothes started to feel too big. Honestly, when I started, they were way too tight, so I had to go through too-tight to tight to normal to loose to baggy to too-big.

It was 30 lbs before I could really see the difference in the mirror - although at 40 lbs lost now, I still have days where I swear my body looks exactly the same - but I know that's all mental.

I would say people started noticing at 20 lbs but I really started getting the WOW type reaction at 30 lbs.

Have you been taking photos of yourself regularly? I find it's the only way I can do an objective side-by-side comparison. I can't see a 10 lb difference in the mirror, but I sure as heck can in a picture.
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #5  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

I noticed around 15 pounds, I could tell things looked smaller. And now at about 30 pounds lost I notice a really big difference, but I also think that deals with how close I am to goal too.

My parents notice it but I don't live near them while in school, but when they saw me after 15 pounds lost they could really see a difference too.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #6  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Mine was around 30 and it wasn't me who noticed. It was basically everyone in the sorority I was pledging at the time. I bought new clothes for rush, as must pnm's do, but continued to wear the old jeans and such during the school time. My grandbig would constantly make comments about how they didn't fit and how silly they looked. I then went shopping and threw my size 16 jeans away in favor of a more fitting 10. So it was a while...lol...
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #7  
LAWL ups and downs

S/C/G: 166/151.4/135

Height: 5'6"

I just cleared 15 lbs (finally) and I was getting SO frustrated because I hadn't noticed any changes at all. I kept thinking ten might help at least SOMETHING. It was especially irritating because I always visualize those little yellow squishy piles of jiggly plastic that weight loss gimmick people always show you, especially at trade shows and stuff like that. You'd think you'd notice even ONE pound of those yucky little things if their little models are actually true to life. Anyways, within the last few days I've been able to notice it in my jawline and (sigh) boobs. Why is it that it always leaves my boobs first? Stupid boobs.
amhoffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

I bought some jeans two months ago which are now to baggy to wear. I also wear alot of leggings, which are all too baggy now. I don't really think i look different, but my clothes sure fit differently.
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #9  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

I actually wrote something along these lines last night. I've only just started to notice a differnce and I've lost 21lbs. My starting weight was around the same as yours Jaimie and I'm only a bit taller than you.

I read a really good analogy on here some time ago that went along the lines of losing weight is like taking sheets from a roll of kitchen towel. If you have a full roll of kitchen towel and you remove 10 sheets you can't really see the difference, but if the roll is half used, taking 10 sheets away will make a real difference to the size of the roll.

The original analogy was much more eloquent than that, but I really like it because it's something almost everyone can relate to and it's totally true. Is you're 200lbs, 10lbs might not make a huge difference in the mirror, but keep at it, you'll notice a difference soon enough!
going2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

i noticed from my pants size and thats it. When i look in the mirror i believe i still look the same though

Last edited by cheerios; 04-12-2010 at 07:17 AM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

People started making comments to me somewhere between 5 and 10 lbs., but I lost a ton of weight off my belly right at the start (2" in the first 2 weeks). I had to buy new pants after the first 10 lbs., and then again after the second 10 lbs. For the past couple of weeks, someone has been saying something to me pretty much every day at work, which is a good feeling! I do think my 20 lbs. is much more noticeable because I've been exercising really hard, and I wasn't before. My body is smaller than it was at this weight before.

I still pretty much see the same thing in the mirror, though . . . It's weird because I was lounging in bed a little this morning before I got up and I was feeling my stomach and it FEELS smaller, but I just can't really see it. I have noticed that it seems like I'm either losing inches or weight--like I won't lose for four or five days, but I'll drop half an inch off my waist, then I'll drop a couple of pounds, but not lose any inches!

Last edited by stella1609; 04-12-2010 at 08:06 AM.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

i haven't gone shopping yet, so i don't waste money now and end up having to throw those clothes away too :P

BUT i have noticed i'm starting to fit into my old pair of jeans a lot nicer than i did before (before they were too tight, now they're 'tight' almost normal!) but i do wear a lot of leggings... and those are all falling off me! and they're supposed to be tight... so i think 5 more pounds and i may just go do a bit of clothes shopping
missyRxOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

Just this week!

I knew i was losing but for the first time i waked past a mirror and had to go back..i didn't realize how much i had lost in my chest area... then i pulled pictures to compare and i was amazed i didn't see it any sooner
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I think I could actually see a difference in the mirror at about 20lbs. But, I know that a lot of that had to do with how much better my mood is now that I'm exercising and eating healthy--not just with actually losing it. When I looked in the mirror before, I used to see me 5lbs heavier than I was (mostly metaphorical, I don't think I would have even noticed what 5 extra pounds looked like when I was that close to 300lbs). Now, when I look in the mirror I have the mentality of seeing me 5lbs lighter. So I think a lot of it for me is a change of state of mind.

Physically noticing the weight loss, however, I could feel it almost right away. It's amazing how losing 5lbs makes your back feel a bit better when you weigh that much. My clothes went from being tight to fitting at about 15lbs and then by 25lbs they were wayyy to big.
megphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

I think my cheeckbones started to define at the first 10kg and my butt started disappearing quite early. Actually, my butt disappears with every kg shed and it is weird.

Now for me it is complicated. Some days I feel I am still the same and other days I get shocked on how much weight I lost. Like today I was looking at some photos I took with my students and I has an "OMG I have a waist moment!"
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote