Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #106  

Height: 5'2

Sooo, I've been MIA for a while- both from 3FC and from the world of healthy living. Second semester of university/a mysterious mono-type-illness-that-definitely-wasn't-mono did me in and I didn't work out or watch what I ate for about 3 months.

Well, go figure- I gained 10 lbs. Which is almost half of what I had lost. So now it's summer and I need to get back on track. I want to use these 4 months well and really try and achieve something before getting back to school for my final year.

Any encouragement/reminders of why this is all worth it would be lovely!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:11 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 216/SEE TiCKER/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm almost outta the 150s! I weighed in at 150.4 on Monday. I also reached one of my mini goals recently! I wear a size 6 now
Old 04-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #108  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Just a short hello, Montreal was bad. I need to go back to the 160's thread. lol
Old 04-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #109  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

rose89, sorry to hear about your illness and about your weight gain, but since you managed to lose it one time, you'll definitely be able to do it again! We've all faced a setback or two (or ten ), so you're in good company!

MiSSxB, congratulations on your scale success and on getting down another pant size!

sotypical, I have to fly out of Montreal to get up here, and I know it is full of very delicious and very tempting restaurants. Don't feel too bad, and don't even bother going to the 160s thread. Stay here, get yourself back on track, and you'll lose whatever you gained in no time!

I had a surprisingly good weigh-in this morning. 3.1 pounds! Added to the 4.2 I lost last week, and that's a 7.3 pound loss in only two weeks! I guess the strict low-carb thing is working, but I'm ready to reintroduce carbs slowly this week, and then go full-on next week. I miss oatmeal for breakfast!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #110  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Oh ladies, it seems while I was gone most others were also. =/

rose - It IS all worth it! Even the setbacks. I can't recall one time the scale went backwards and I didn't change or learn something. You can do it!

kirjava - I hope your omelette turned out well the other day! Your WI's are great! You must be feeling fabulous!

Well, I learned a few things about myself the last few days. I had another eating mishap this weekend, which sadly doesn't surprise me. BUT, I really think that's the last one. I am pretty sure I need to schedule in foods that are off-plan once a week or so. Hubby and I decided that with the Rite Aid down the street a ways, we'll go once on the weekend every week for a scoop of ice cream. And to get there, we will walk. I'm happy with the compromise and really feel it will help me to stay on track better during the week knowing that a splurge is coming.

I hope all of you are doing well with your eating and WI. Perhaps everyone will return soon, eh kirjava?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:47 AM   #111  
The Last 10lbs!

Kirjava - Well done to you for going low-carb. I've heard it works well, especially for the tummy area, but there's no way I could live without bread! And oooh, havarti, that stuff's amazing. Safeway has one with jalapenos in it that is so tasty!

Rose - Welcome back! You should be proud of yourself for returning to your commitment to a healthier diet before you regained all of what you lost. I'm a uni student myself and I know it can be difficult sometimes. Best of luck!!

Missxb - Congratulations!!!

Sotypical - Stay here and chat with us, you'll be back to the 150s in no time at all. It's not worth the trip back to the 160s thread

stargzr - That's a pretty good compromise! I was awful a few weeks ago and had ice cream AND a milkshake all in one day (which had even more ice cream in it I think than the ice cream cone did). I hope scheduling the splurge works for you! It sounds like it'd be a good splurge and pretty worth it

--

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I was hopping around deciding what on earth I was going to do because I'm just not losing anymore. So I used some birthday money to join WW Online again and I am going to give it my best shot for the next 3 months (which is what I have paid for). I started yesterday with a weigh-in of 153.4 and hope to see 150 by the end of May!

For those of you who commented about Leo, our little mini attacked by a Pitbull: Thank you. I was so upset about it because I couldn't be there to help give him his medication and rewrap the wounds, etc. He's doing a lot better now and is able to go outside during the day, but only on his own in case any of the other horses think his bandages are toys or that he's fit to play or chase. The dog was taken to the SPCA but has since showed up on an adoption website saying that she is very friendly with children. My mom's fighting with them at the moment to take the dog off their website and retrain it or at least be very honest with the people who do adopt it about its aggressive tendencies, especially towards other animals. Initially she wanted it put down but my mom's an animal lover like I am and I think she's realized that may not be what she really wants - provided the dog goes to a home suited to it and its behaviour and not one with other animals or children!

Hope you all are set for a great week! I'll try to stop in more often!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #112  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

I'm so exicted to finally be able to post here in this thread!! I hit 159.8 on Sunday. Barely in the 150's but it still counts!!! I'm a bit nervous about things right now because I hurt my ankle a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be getting much better so my exercise has been less then I'd normally be doing. I do plan to stop walking all together until it heals completely and then gradually get back into running. For now I'll be hitting up the recumbant bike 3x a week and hope that is sufficient for now...
Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #113  

freedom - So glad you're back. Happy to hear about Leo. I surely hope they retrain that dog, it's sad. 153.4 is great! And of course it's always good to change it up so I hope you have much success with WW online!

zephyr - WELCOME! 159.8 totally counts! Hope your stay here is quick and enjoyable.

Scale puts me at ~154 today. I always stand there and wonder - if I had a digital scale, what would it be telling me? Anyhow, I'll take the 154 for today. I'm pushing hard with exercise and I really want to see the next decade soon. I'm hoping that combined with all that I'm learning about eating and my new plan for my diet that I'll slide right in to the 140s.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #114  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

haven't been in this thread for a little bit. scale said 156.6 today! i was seeing 159 for two weeks and running, so glad to be away from it!

and congrats zephyr524!!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

rose, welcome! You can most definitely achieve alot in 4 months if you work hard you'll be back to where you were or farther!

miss, congrats on 150 you are so very close! And way to go on those size 6's I'm way jealous .

Courtnie, don't worry about the temporary gain you'll be back in the 150's in no time- no need to move threads!

kirjava, wow congrats on the WI's they are amazing! Let us know how reintroducing carbs goes- I might have to try that to get my losses jumpstarted again. Of course, maybe if I just ate OP I wouldn't have a problem .

stargzr, I'm sorry you've been having a hard time. I'm glad you got everything figured out and have a plan to stop the eating mishaps you are doing so great! And good luck on getting into the 140's soon it sounds like you are working very hard I'm sure you'll get there soon!

freedom, welcome back! It sounds like you are doing pretty good, I'm sure you'll see 150 by the end of May that is my goal as well but I have a little farther than you to go se we shall see. And I'm glad your mini is doing better! As for the pitbull I agree that they should be honest and hopefully it'll go to a home that's suited for it like you said, but I am also an animal lover and I hate to see them put down, although I know sometimes there's really no other choice.

Welcome zephyr!! 159.8 counts for sure! And I'm sure the bike 3x a week will be sufficient- something is better than nothing!

Congrats on 156 pink! I hope to see that on the scale soon!

So I'm not sure why I haven't been posting here lately. Maybe it's because ever since my 5am WI's (that are still sucky) I've been over the whole daily weighing thing. I'm maintaining 157-158 but I was hoping to be 156 or lower by now. I've also been kind of sporatic with my healthy eating, because I'm still trying to get used to this new schedule. I'm back on track for the most part, but I'm really going to buckle down because I'm hoping to see 156 when I WI this weekend. I hope you ladies are having a good Tuesday so far!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-27-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #116  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Thanks guys. I am starting to think going back into the 160's thread will actually be bad idea. I am stuck in this funk of not caring. I am think I am so mad that I worked so hard to get into the 150's and I managed to gain 4-5 pounds in 4 days! I know some of it is a bit of water because tom started, but still - frustrating. So I am mad at myself. And now it's tom and I want to do nothing but eat bad stuff. I even made cookies last night! I knew buying white flour was a bad idea. Okay end rant.

Kirjava - congrats on the 7 pounds! That is awesome. Sorry I missed why you are low-carbing, but glad it is working for you.

freedomreins - I am glad that Leo is going better. I would for sure be fighting with the SPCA that is BS I think.

zephyr524 - welcome!

pinkalarmclock - congrats!!!

fashin - nice to see you again, hope you get used to the early weigh ins soon! I used to always weigh in Saturday because it was only day I slept in - so I would see the lowest number on the scale. Finally I had to stop that, because I would spend all morning get on and off until it said a number I liked, lol.

I guess I could update a bit more since I have been hiding. So we went to Montreal, it was stressful but good. So far my family member is doing good (can't remember how much info I posted before) - but anyway - since I have been home I have not been that great with the healthy eating. To top off the stress of everything else my poor little dog may need knee surgery... on both knees. I kinda knew it was coming but now it is a reality. I don't want to put her through the pain, but it is also going to be a few thousand dollars. We have an apt with another vet on Thursday, she doesn't need it right away - but she will soon. Anyway, for now I am trying to be good all day - and if dinner slips up a bit so be it I guess. Wrong attitude I know.

Last edited by sotypical; 04-27-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #117  

pink - Hooray for 156.x!!! Woot!

fashin - I was seriously going to post - "where's fashin?" yesterday, but figured if I didn't see you around today then I would do it. Glad to hear you're back on track and I'm sure you'll see 156 this next WI!

sotypical - All I remember about your trip before you left was something about a family member... Glad to hear he/she is doing well. I'm sorry to hear about your dog, I hope this other vet will give you a different price/news. How'd dinner go for you? It's ok to slip once in a while, the point is to get back on track so I hope you can jump back in the losing game.

I'm challenging my husband to a 30-day thing starting today. No more take-out or sweets for 30 days. We'll be each other's support! Today when I get home I'm tossing out any of the sweets/temptations in the house - hopefully he doesn't notice, lol, he gets mad when I toss food (even if it is bad for us). These last 10 pounds are going to drop like flies!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #118  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

stargzr~very cool idea for you and your husband. It's always nice when you are both supporting each other in this.

sotypical~ sounds like you've really had alot going on. Just take one day at a time and you'll get through great!!

I'm really having a hard time this week. I'm usually down about a pound by now but I'm not even down .5lb. I hope this isn't the start of a platue. I'm just doing what I've been doing and trying to squeeze in a workout when I can and my ankle isn't bother me.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #119  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the 150s, zephyr! I'm sorry to hear that your loss isn't going as planned this week. I hope it isn't a plateau, and that your ankle will heal up so you can get back to your regular exercise schedule.

stargzr, it's a great idea to challenge your husband, and that solidarity should really help you stay on track this month!

sotypical, I'm sorry to hear about the funk you've been in. It sounds like you have some stresses in your life with your family member and your poor dog, and that can really make a huge impact on motivation. I hope you can pull through and get yourself back where you need to be.

Thanks for the congratulations, everyone! It was shockingly good losses for the last two weeks, and it made a huge difference in my appearance and how well clothes fit. Now I know what I need to do if I'm having trouble reaching a goal.

I don't know yet how being back on carbs is affecting me, and I won't really know until my weigh-in on Saturday. I'm still avoiding breads and pastas, but I'm working in more carbs from yogurt and veggies, and the occasional sweet like Nutella.

I'm doing a standardized test with my students, and it is very stressful! They all hate it, and it's so long and tedious, and we only have so much time to get it done, and with 5 of my students needing special ed. help to complete it, it will take forever. Even the "warm-up" activity took almost an entire day.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #120  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Hey girls! Just wanted to check in...I wish I could post more often, but I'm so damn busy these days! Good news to report: I'm down to 152.3. Almost into the 140's (!?) which still seems unreal to me. I think my non-routine has somehow become routine and I'm figuring out how to make my life fit into the chaos of subbing. Lots of planning ahead has proved very helpful.
Kirjava, congrats! You're doing so well...7 lbs in one week is impressive! Also, I hear you on the standardized testing thing. Our state has a brand new one this year that we're giving over the next couple of weeks. It's so hard on some of the kids, and it's brand new to us, so it's hard to know what to expect. Hope everything goes as well as possible for you and your kids .
stargzr, I like your 30 day idea and I think getting your husband on board will make it much more do-able! Did you get rid of all your junk food?
Closed Thread