Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #31  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Wow...new thread! Woo!

Stargzr, so glad to be in here with you! Hope your toe is feeling better. I am also impressed by how much you are into running! I typically take any excuse available to skip my run

sotypical, I agree with fashin that you can definitely do it on your weekend trip. I think you just have to get a little creative at restaurants and you'll be fine.

I've had the house to myself this week which has been surprisingly productive. I can eat what I want when I want and do exercise DVDs in the living room at all hours. And no one brings home cupcakes or cooks bacon when I'm suffering through bicycle crunches (true story). It's been excellent.

Also, can we talk about break rooms for a second? They just suck. I almost never go into the staff room at school because there is all kinds of crap in there every day. And next week is teacher appreciation week so it'll be 10 times worse! If I see one more sprinkled doughnut in there, I swear...

Hope everyone has a marvelous Friday!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Nicole, good for you for switching things up a bit to allow for a treat. I have to do that every now and then to keep myself sane!

tuende, I know what you mean about break rooms I feel like that almost everyday at my work. Good for you for avoiding tempation though! Unfortunately for me, our break room is right when you walk in the employee door so you have to go through there to get anywhere else- it sucks. I'm starting a new job in a week and have a feeling it won't be much different...
Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #33  

156! 156! I haven't seen anything but 158-159 in 3-4 weeks! I could scream and dance, LOL

Tuende and Fashin - it's so funny you mention break rooms. I was about to go cheat and grab a doughnut today (since it's Friday); I had it all planned out. I always scope out what's in the break room, hahaha, even if I don't eat it. But then I got a good weigh in today, so I came prepared with greek yogurt instead!!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #34  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

tuende - Sounds like you've been having a fabulous week! I understand about the break room too! I think people do what I do, and bring in the stuff they don't want at home. I try to go in to get my water and get out quick without looking around on the table, haha. I seriously <3 running! I try to find excuses to get my shoes on, because once they're on... I'm off! lol

nicole - Great job only eating a small chocolate yesterday! And CONGRATS on the scale change! That's wonderful!! What an exciting way to start the weekend!

I ran yesterday, toe felt weird but no pain so I was golden. I didn't run as much as I would have liked, but I wanted to get home... besides, I get to run tonight as well and hubby will be at the gym with me so I'll make it a long one. Scale was friendlier today and gave me 155. I'm glad to be rid of those extra pounds but the back of my mind is wishing I'd been able to get back on track sooner this week so I may have been able to see my 154 again. Also, I totally forgot my scale at home this morning. I'm really sad and will have to be uber careful with my eating this weekend. =/ sigh

On the same note, I wanted to mention that there will be a computer where I'll be, but it's always slow so I might try to get on at least once tomorrow.

Last edited by stargzr; 04-09-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Nicole, congrats on 156!! I'm very jealous I can't wait to see that # on my scale but it seems to be just out of reach. And good for you for sticking with yogurt instead of a doughnut!

stargzr, we cross- posted! I'm glad your toe is feeling better and you got your run in! And don't worry about forgetting the scale, you can do it for the weekend and I'm sure you'll see 154 by your next WI if not before, good luck and have fun!

So the scale is back up to 159.6 this morning and it's really frustrating me because I've been OP all week. I was having a good downward trend until this morning and the only thing I can think is maybe I'm retaining water or something because I've been cramping really bad and think I'm about to start TOM. Whatever the reason, I'm getting annoyed and it better go away by Monday's WI! Lol sorry for my mini rant, hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-09-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #36  

fashin - That's gotta be TOM, NO WAY did you gain phantom weight overnight. You're doing great! I hope your WI mon is much better!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #37  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Fashin - remember what you told me yesterday? You can easily lose a pound over night - and you have 3 more nights to go!

I weighed about an hour later then normal this morning (slept in - if you can call 8 sleeping in! it was fantastic) - Anyway the scale was down .4 from last week. Whatever, I will take it, lol.

Couple more hours and we will probably be getting ready to leave! It's about a 3 hour drive up there... but I have had about 5 people tell me to stop and get deep fried bread... uh??!??!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #38  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

156.9 this morning! Yay! It feels a little unreal to be getting so close to breaking the 150 barrier. For my height, getting under 150 would be a "normal" BMI which is all new for me.

Nicole, good for you for planning ahead. I think it's great that seeing success can motivate you to do even better!

stargzr, hope you're having a fun weekend. I think it could maybe even be a good thing that you left your scale at home. A little freedom from that can be helpful sometimes. I'm also glad you got your beloved run in . Do you run on a treadmill or outside? While I don't love running, I seriously can't stand it on a treadmill. I'll risk getting hailed on (yep, happened TWICE last week) rather than run in one spot- I start to feel like I'm going insane!

fashin, as hard as it is, just keep at it! We'll cross our fingers for you on Monday .

sotypical, congrats on the loss! Any loss is good in my book. And good luck on the trip and I know you can avoid the...erm, temptations. Who deep fries bread anyway?

Last edited by tuende; 04-09-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #39  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

tuende - apprently the deep fried bread is a take on some native dish... I dunno, I just want to try a bite of it. lol

And congrats on the normal BMI! wow! yay!!!! Can't wait until that happens for me

Last edited by sotypical; 04-09-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #40  

Sotypical, I'd want to try a bite too. I mean, if everyone kept talking about it, I'd be curious. But I like weird things! Good luck with your vacation; I know you'll do great!!

Yay Tuende! Congrats!! Ah, normal BMI...Oh how I miss that, hehe. You should do something special for it!! When I cross that barrier, I'm getting myself a massage or something. I am trying to get one every 10 pounds, too, but unfortunately I've been stuck lately so it's been a month for me!

Fashin - I'm certain it's not a real gain. You're doing great!! LOL, although you mentioning TOM made me realize I got mine at the same time as you last month so it's probably almost my time, too. Blech. LOL
Old 04-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #41  

sotypical - YAY for the continued downward trend! I would so try a bite of the bread also, haha. And then hope I wouldn't like it.

tuende - Hooray for being so close to a "normal" bmi!!! I prefer to run outside, but I'm a numbers person so I like that on the treadmill I can set a speed and keep the same pace. So in short, I do my interval training on the treadmill and usually my regular runs outside.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Heya! Somehow I pulled something in my neck pretty bad and my whole back is paying for it Using the computer seems to make it worse which is why I havent been around much but its feeling a little better so hopefully I will be back I am holding steady at 150.0...my body loves to taunt me oye lol.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 171/153/136

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashinjunkie09 View Post
I know, my bf gets supreme pizza and I pick off the sausage (yuck!) so I don't think it's too bad at least I'm getting some veggies!

Nicole, do you have any calories left for chocolate? I find that when I'm really craving something it's best to give in and have some. BUT, I will wait a couple hours and sometimes even a couple days to make sure it's a real craving because more often than not it goes away. Good luck, whatever you decide to do you'll be fine!

stargzr, I'm sorry your toe is still bothering you. Maybe you could try to run and if it hurts too bad then just finish up walking? Either way I hope it feels better soon!
I hear you about the craving thing. I used to wait a few days to see if it was real or not. I need to start doing that again, well maybe after i get off this low carb thing. ( cant have it at all for now, not even if i wanted it for a few days) It worked in the past dont know why i had stopped waiting and had started just getting it when i wanted it. If I had waited i might not be here today
Old 04-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 171/153/136

Height: 5' 3"

It seems every time I diet no matter what route i take i seem to stay stuck in the 150s the longest and the most. I tend to yo-yo a lot in my life in the past 3 years i have been as small as 128 and as big as 173 but the 150s gets me the most its like thats where my plateus always start. I chose 136 as my goal cause when i was 128 everyone said i looked too thin and sickly. I have a lot of muscle for a female so it doesnt look right to be that small my period had even stopped all together then.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:17 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 216/SEE TiCKER/145

Hi y'all I'm down to 152! I'm excited about being so close to my goal. I miss coming on the forum, but work's been keeping me on my toes. I may start training for a new/better position soon! We'll see. How have you all been?
Closed Thread