Old 03-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #1  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Default Muahahaha! What is your evil motivation?

I saw a thread kind of like this from a long time ago, and it's also asked as a question on Calorie Counters' profile thread. I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone else was thinking.

Ok, so let's admit it. At least SOME of us, on top of wanting to be healthy and in shape, have an evil motivation somewhere in the back of our minds that occasionally keeps us going when we want to quit. Whether it's an ex, rude family members, or some unbearable b-word, it's there.

For me, it's a friend (and I use that term loosely) of mine. This girl is insufferable. She thinks she is God's gift to men, and constantly brags to MY BOYFRIEND about how thin and pretty she is (a size six. "Soooo much smaller than any OTHER girl we know." I have heard it about 8 million times.). While I won't say she is ugly, because she isn't, and goodness knows I wouldn't want someone to say that about me, she is definitely not the supermodel she brags about being in comparison to, say, me or our other friends. I look forward to the day when I can think to myself, "Oh, you're a size 6? That's nice. I have a healthy, sexy, fit body and I'm not insecure enough to have to tell everyone.", and I know that I will only get there if I continue to work hard at eating right and exercising.

It may sound immature, and it is definitely not my main motivation for losing the weight, but sometimes being around her reminds me what I'm aiming for. Does anyone else have a person/situation like this in their lives?
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Part of me hopes that I'll run into my ex, and his new wife. His wife is the girl he cheated on me with. I really truly couldn't care less about either of them, but there's something about him realizing what he coulda have.

This summer my dad's going to be gone on business, so he's offered me his BMW Convertible while he's gone. I would kill to step out of that convertible in a mini skirt and see him looking at me. And yes, I would flat out lie and tell him that I owned the car!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #3  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

definitely the ex-bf. i wanna see a jaw drop. i'm not gonna lie.
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #4  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

hehehe shantroy so funny
bama its not evil its just normal you are sick of this chick rubbing it in your face.

As for me.....I want to show my family and friends that i can be a hot mama. Plus there is this girl who has had 2 kids and looked smokin! She just had her third and is starting to loose the weight and I want to be back to my smokin self for the summer and not look like a barge next to her,
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

ahhh i love this thread. As long as it's not the main motivation, I don't see any problem with having this "evil" motivation.

Im going to jump on the bandwagon and say that yes - an "evil" motivation of mine is for all those men who have turned me down in the past, one in particular. Yes, it's shallow, but when my thighs and glutes are burning in spin class and the teacher tells me to increase the resistance yet AGAIN, a girls gotta have something to keep her going!
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

The last guy I hooked up with was a dick to me after and later went for one of my MUCH thinner/prettier friends (they're now engaged). I don't want him to want me back ( THAT would be akward... and aweful for my friend), but I do want him to think "damn, she got hot."

and

I want everyone who ever said, "your sister's SO pretty... you look nothing like her!" to put their foot in their damn mouth.

and

to wipe out that "yeah right" look and condesending tone my co-workers at my second job (at a gym) use when I discuss losing weight.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 03-29-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/155/140

Height: 5'5"

I want to do it for this doctor I work with who is superficially nice, but shes one of those girls who says daily "ugghh i feel sooo fat" when shes probably a size 3/5. I want to be able to show her that i eat what I want in moderation (shes a freak about being a vegan and eating the most boring foods).
Pinkberrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #8  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

You want to hear something messed up and totally against my somewhat feminist beliefs?

...The evil side of me totally wants to get objectified by men. I want, at least once in my life, some guy to whistle at me or make an obscene comment or just be like "Yeah, baby, shake that!"

Hahahaha, so sick but so true...

And yes, the added "oomph" of the Ex-bf factor would rule!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #9  

Hahaha I love this thread.

What helps motivate me is knowing I'm going to see a bunch of people at the end of July including this guy that I'd love to drool over me while I ignore him
KellyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #10  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Ahhh. for me it's my maternal grandmother. She is DIET OBSESSED, and has always been, for as long as I can remember. I was NOT a fat child, I started gaining weight at 10 and by 12 I was obese. My grandmother, an obese woman who has been and still is on every and any diet in the book, would constantly nag me about my weight gain, going as far as taking away my plate and telling my mother to put me on whatever diet she was on at the time.
I now live across the country and see my grandma maybe once a year if I'm lucky. And the first thing she always comments on is my weight!!
"Aw, you're still not losing weight eh? It's hard I know!" "I don't remember last time I saw you, were you that big?" and so on... it almost made me cry last time. So definitely, the first person I'm going to brag about my weight loss too, is my grandmother.

Ohh, and I can't wait to see all the jerks I went to high school with who made my life miserable day to day just because I was fat. Oh it'll be sweet.
*rubs hands*
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #11  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I just joined this site and I look forwad to getting to know all of you lovely ladies soon. Anyways, heres my evil motivation...

In general in life, I've always felt like "the fat friend" or "the fat chick". I want to feel hotter than my girlfriends and when we go out I want people to notice me first! (Kinda stupid because I'm happily married!!)
KellyEnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #12  

Hey Rien, love your icon, thats the screen saver on my laptop!

Kelly- It's not stupid at all! I think we know exactly what you mean!
KellyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #13  

Height: 5'10

I want to be "the hot one". Not just the funny one, or the one with the pretty face or whatever else. I want to be the one who gets noticed when I'm out with my friends!
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #14  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

BassAckwards, I HATE hearing the "pretty face" comment!! Might as well just call me "the fat body"!! Grr!
KellyEnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantroy View Post
This summer my dad's going to be gone on business, so he's offered me his BMW Convertible while he's gone. I would kill to step out of that convertible in a mini skirt and see him looking at me. And yes, I would flat out lie and tell him that I owned the car!
I love it!!!!

As for me, it is seeing all the people I graduated from high school with (ok fine, last year) and prove to them (as well as everyone else) that I can be 'hot'. And while I was lucky and no one ever really said anything snarky about me (to my face, at least), I want them to see that I'm more than just 'fat' or 'funny'. Oh! And that song that has the line "I want you to want me." Yep, I want that! Ok, that is embarrassing to admit, but so true! When I'm on the treadmill, sometimes I picture their faces and it makes me move a little faster.
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote