Old 01-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default I need to get my butt back into gear!

So lately I've become very apathetic towards weight loss. It's like I just don't care anymore...I mean, I WANT to lose the weight and feel good and be healthy and feel sexy and all that jazz, but it's like every time I make a choice, I make the wrong one. I choose the wrong foods...I choose not to exercise...I need to get my butt back on track. I was doing so well, and consistently loosing....and then I just kinda stopped caring. I don't know why...it's really frustrating. I guess I'm just having trouble finding motivation to keep going...

I just need to focus on being that 150 lb girl on the beach this summer feeling good in her swimsuit, instead of being the 250 lb girl walking into the ocean with her cover up still on acting like that's normal just because she doesn't want anyone to see how huge her legs are...

I just need to find the motivation again to lose the weight...
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I went through the same thing... and it took me four months to get my butt back on track...I was telling myself well you arent as fat as you were...truth was I was STILL fat... I took four months off and gained 19 pounds back... and the best advice I have is to get up and just do it...dont let yourself get that far... I wouldnt even say I have motivation now... I'm just commited... everday I get ready to go to the gym and sometimes I try to come up with excuses but eventually I tell myself this is something you "HAVE" to do whether you like it or not...and I do it... Its hard but I find if I stay in some sort of routine it just falls into place better
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #3  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

There's something to be said for taking a weight loss break, especially if you've been maintaining. It kind of lets your body adjust to being smaller, because after all, you've still lost a LOT of weight. And it restarts your metabolism. Like when you lose, lose, lose, plateau for awhile, then lose, lose lose. The plateau is your body adjusting and retaining before it's ready to lose again. If you take a maintain for awhile break, it serves the same purpose.

But I know the feeling. I was kind of drifting for a few weeks, and while I was still losing, I wasn't making consistently good choices which bothered me. Last week I only lost .3lbs! Every other week I've lost at least a full pound. That got me back in gear and I returned to the basics. Hopefully this week I'll have a decent loss

Good luck getting back on track!
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #4  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Cool Oh Boy.... Tell me about it!

I came here planning posting a very similar post looking for support!

So First thanks for posting the same concern I have!

I go to weight watcher meetings(over a year now) and they always say it's a lifestyle change, blah, blah, blah.... I keep wonder when is it suppose to feel easy?? For me it's a struggle every day... Some weeks I made good choices more than bad, but lately again I make "bad" choice more often- bad as in not tracking, choosing candy, intentionally over-eating till I feel sick, not exercising... I know I have a tight schedule this semester but I need to get it in at LEAST 3 days a week! I feel right now that I don't have the time or energy to devote to weight loss... I want to know if I can still do it with so much else on my plate... I mean the nursing program I am (intensive (accelerated) in is TOUGH... We really don't have a set schedule for class, lab, and clinicals. I feel like I don't have time to cook, make lunches, healthy snacks, plan the week/day even, exercise... Then I feel stressed about school but also stessed and guilty that I let my weight loss slide to the back burner.... I also feel like I am slacking on keeping my house clean, spending time with my husband, washing laundry, the list goes on and on..... I try to think You just have to keep this up until Dec, but I don't know if I can and stay sane! I have so much anxiety right now... It's tough for me! I just want weight loss to be easy right now and it's not!

Well- I don't have much advice right except my mantra which I try to repeat even when I struggle! Never, Never, Never Quit! ~ Winston Churchill

I am going to look for tips from your thread, Ok? It seems silly to post a new thread when we have a good one going already!

So People! We need help! Give us your tips! What makes it easy for you to stick on your plan?
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #5  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I am in the same boat! I haven't even lost that much and I am already wanting to pull my hair out. I think the thing that affects me the most is that my lifestyle has had to COMPLETELY change. The way I ate and the places I went.. everything was affected.

Tonight we even went and got a blizzard! UGH!

The first time I went through this I found some not very flattering pictures of myself and posted them around the house... on the fridge, in my closet and by the treadclimber. I felt that it helped motivate me because I didn't want to be THAT girl. Maybe give that a try! I think I will be doing that again.

Good luck and there are probably a few of us here that are in the exact same situation.
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:07 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2

Well I have in thepast 3 months gained 10lbs, not proud of it but I'm back now and ready to work even harder....
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #7  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

Height: 5'5"

I stopped caring for a minute, too. Then I walked into Target and saw they were already selling BIKINIS and mentally said "Oh sh*t!!!", thinking of how disappointed I'd be this summer if I'm still feeling fat and frumpy and wearing the same trim-fitter full body coverage granny swimsuit. So, yeah. I went out and got a gym membership that same day. Scary.
cupcakesundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #8  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Divine ... you and I have very similar stats. If you want to email or text or anything like that... typical accountability partner kind of thing I would be more than willing if you want.

As far as tips to stay motivated -- FIND something realistic to be motivated about. For instance, I'm going to see a friend in April and my goal is to lose 30 lbs before then. So when I look at the calendar or I talk to him (which I do every day) it's constant and VERY REAL motivation for me.

Maybe you could plan to see an old friend or something that you know will really "pressure" you to stay on track?

Also, accountability, accountability, accountability. I check in on here CONSTANTLY because you guys help keep me motivated.... when I want to give up when I'm exercising I think about you guys and it keeps me going. Seriously.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I've been at the same weight for over a year; I lost the fifteen on my ticker at the end of 2008 and have been hovering here ever since! I just couldn't eat less or move more without being miserable (tummy troubles had something to do with it, but I was also incredibly hungry all the time).

Sometimes that bothered me, but you know what? Last week my appetite suddenly dropped and I can happily eat 1600 calories a day again. I think my body has finally adjusted its "set point." Like mkendrik said, instead of despising plateaus, I think we should take them as an opportunity to recharge.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #10  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

same Thing With Me Right Now...i Badly Want The Weight To Come Off...but Ive Been Making Bad Choices...ill Do It Once, And Say Just This One Time, And Its Happening Again....i Just Havent Been Caring...i Couldve Been Under 190 By Now...ive Just Been Lazy...tired Of Having The Sammme Schedule Everyday...exercise Takes Up Half My Day And Its Just Getting Boring...
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote