Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Do you mind an extra joining in? I may have popped in here before, as I've been in the 160s since the beginning of 2009. Yeah, totally ready to get out of here.

Here is what my current program looks like....I do Jillian's circuit workouts 3 days a week, and I run 3 days a week, taking one rest day. I'm a calorie counter, and try to stay below 1500, plus I try to balance out my nutrients at 30% Protein, 30% Fat, 40% Carbs. My goal is to be out of the 160s by April 1st.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #152  

hehe yeah totally...i think a couple weeks of low carb (READ: eliminate sweets ha) is probably a great little kick in the scale's butt!

i went to the gym this morning and ran a mile and a half in 15 minutes. and walked for 30. i haven't run that far, and def not in one continuous GO, since i was 15...maybe? if ever? i dunno! there are so many people here who have done the C25K program, and i find them so inspirational. you don't have to weigh 130 pounds to run 3 miles?!?? wtf, reeeally?? i'm not doing C25K, but i think i am going to try to run that 1.5 miles again sometime in the next week or so.

i wasn't really even planning on exercising this week, just wanted to focus on getting my eating back on track. do you all exercise these days? what's your routine like? any fitness goals?

i really like yoga, but i work super late most nights, so i miss the classes. that's why i'm hitting the treadmill. once it warms up some i think i wanna buy a road bike and cycle in the hills and around town.

as far as goals...i really am kinda interested in running a 5K...has anyone done anything like that before?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #153  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

kirjava - Sounds like a good eating plan! I'm sort of a low-carber myself (but for reasons of digestion). I thought I loved bread before, but somehow when it's not a main ingredient in your meals, it'll become less important.

lilly - Hooray on fitting in smaller spaces! How awesome that must feel!

montecristo - Welcome!

party - I do the elliptical for 20mins every day that I don't run and 15mins every day I DO run. I run at least three times a week, sometimes on the treadmill and outside when the weather permits. My fitness goal is to get to an 8min mile time and be able to sustain that pace for 3 miles. I was thinking about running a 5K this year, but it'll have to wait until maybe the end of summer. I also do push-ups, crunches, and a couple other strength exercises using my body weight as resistance. I'm tentatively planning to start Jillian Michaels' 30day shred as soon as I drop into the 150s. I did it before and it really made a difference in my body.

The scale blipped a 163 this morning... but settled at 164. Since I saw the 3, that means I'll hopefully be there by the weekend. I have a planned glass of wine for Friday night, so hopefully that doesn't cause me to bloat. I'll just have to really work on drinking tons of water Friday so it doesn't show up too badly. Do you all have any plans for your weekend?

Last edited by stargzr; 02-18-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #154  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

I am beyond thrilled this morning to see the scale read 163.5! I was stuck in a bit of a plateau and I think all of the positivity on here has really helped me! I also decided to up my calories a bit this week (by about 150) and that has also seemed to help- I feel like I have more energy to put into my workouts and rarely feel hungry. Every little bit, right?

Lilly, I agree with you about fitting into small spaces-feels awesome. I lived in Nairobi last fall and EVERYWHERE you go you have to fit into small spaces packed with other people. The worst: matatus. They are "mini-busses" which is to say they are about the size of a van that 14 people (plus the driver and the tout) are supposed to fit into. Usually there are a few extra people also hanging out the door or crammed between the seats as well. I lost about 15lbs while I was there and I definitely noticed a difference in squeezing in and out of those suckers. And when they slow to a roll for people to "alight" (get off) it helped to be able to go fast! Oh the little things...
Old 02-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #155  

Tuende...thats an awesome story.. I can just imagine a bus full of people and more people hanging off of it. Hilarious
Old 02-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Hey guys, I'm just looking for some input on this: I have started eating pretty healthy and often, every 3 to 4 hours, about 2 weeks ago. I am SHOCKED at how quickly I am losing weight. I am not exercising (yet), just a little bit of walking around at school and such, but I am still inactive for the most part. I've lost 6.6 pounds in 2 weeks. That just seems off to me...I am not going low-carb or following any particular diet at all, just simply making healthy choices, limiting junk food to a couple of bites per day, not drinking alcohol or anything really except water and coffee, basic stuff like that. NOT that I'm complaining :-), but I don't EVER recall dropping 3lbs per week. I'm at the TOM to boot, and there's no indication of water retention! I expected to lose a few pounds of water weight, but not in the second week as well! Anybody have any ideas or a similar experience? THIS IS BAFFLING!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #157  

tuende - You gave me a visual too! lol That's really cool tho, that you noticed a change.

nurse - With most people the weight comes off quickly at the beginning. I say just keep doing what you're doing. Now if it's still coming off at this rate in a couple of weeks, I would maybe up my calories and see what happens. Last thing you want is to lose fast and gain some back.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies! And welcome to the new ones! I have been on vacation and just got back late last night. So I did take my scale but it didn't do any good. Monsay's official WI was 166.2 but I'm hoping alot of that is sodium/water weight. Oh well we will see but I'm right back on track today and am not weighing myself til next Monday so hopefully it will be better.

It looks like everyone is doing really well, sorry I missed so much I've got a lot of catching up to do!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:39 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

@ stargzr, thank you for the input! i don't count calories, but i will try to keep in mind how much food i'm eating...the LAST thing I want is to gain it back. im hoping that this is the last time im in the one sixties *crosses fingers*

@ partypantalones, i've heard a lot about the C25K program, an old trainer recommended it to me, i tried it once but only did 2 workouts, lol didn't get very far but it seems to be the gradual sort of program that would definitely work! as for the 5k's, i did one once :-) i was at my HW, about 171, and i was jogging so slowly i probably could have walked at that pace, lol, but really, once i saw the finish line i gunned it and it was the most intense feeling ever, having people watching you and having your friends cheering for you...just being a part of something so much bigger than you is fantastic. definitely recommend it!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 216/SEE TiCKER/145

Back down to my ticker weight. I guess it was just a temporary gain from the nachos I'd eaten.

@Party - I weigh in everyday a track it with the "weightbots" app on my ipod. I like to see the fluctuations. The only day I count and update my ticker is Monday. I may go up or down, but whatever my weight is every Monday is my "official" weight for the week.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #161  

MiSSxB Im like that too...I weigh in almost every morning but I only record my monday WI...Im so looking forward to it cause I want to change my darn ticker already.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #162  

fashin - Welcome back! How was mardi gras?? Good to see only a slight gain, and I'm convinced most of it is water weight also, you'll be back to your ticker in no time!

lilly - I love changing my ticker! I'm bad and don't wait until my "official" day... just because I enjoy seeing it move! lol

I weighed at 162 today... I was hoping just to stick with 164 or maybe get a 163 so it was a pleasant surprise to see 162. I'm a little anxious to see how my body will adjust... but I guess the best thing to do is to just wait it out...

Last edited by stargzr; 02-19-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #163  

hi everyone!!

@montecristo -- welcome! the way you're working out i think you'll see 159 before april comes that's awesome! i wish i could get my butt moving more, but 3 days a week seems about my max

@fashin -- gosh, what i wouldn't give if the scale moved so fast in the opposite direction! i'm sure it's just post-vacation-bloaty-times. water and veggies all wknd, and you'll be right back

@nurse -- you're motivating me! i'm looking at races in town right now. looks like i could do a 5K on march 21. pretty sure i could build my endurance by then! HMM!

@missxb -- wooooo! i never move my ticker up...well i don't ever wanna. i just wait it out until i've pulled it back down i weigh in the same way as you too...every morning i record it, but it's only official on mondays!

@stargzr -- reading your regimen reminds me i need to start some toning and FAST. i've never really been much for it though...bugh! so i've heard SO much about 30DS...but i still don't really know what it is! is it cardio? or is it weights/resistance? combo?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #164  

Stargzr your progress amazes me!!! I know you're working hard at it!!!

Im scared to change in on my none official day cause I dont awnt to have to move it back up. haha that would be the worst!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

stargzr, thanks girl I hope so! Mardi Gras was a blast but I'm def glad to be home it was crazy! Congrats on 162 you're doing so great!

party, I know that would be awesome! Lol but I hope you're right. And it looks like you are very close to getting out of here good luck girl!

Lilly, I too WI every morning but my "official" day is Monday. Like stargzr though, I like seeing my ticker move so I change it whenever I go down lol.

I don't want to move my ticker back up though, so I don't think I'm going to move it til I get back down.
Closed Thread