20 Something Profiles

You're on Page 6 of 34
Go to
  • First name: Megan

Geographical location: New York!

Marital Status: Married since December 31,2006

Children/Ages: Tessa 4, Bodhi, 15months

Pets:English Bull terrier named Kush

Hobbies/Interests:shopping, dancing like noone is looking, singing horribly at the top of my lungs while driving, generally radomness

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color:green/ jet black/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb. 22 ,2010

Starting Weight:240

Present Weight:235

Goal Weight:155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: controling cravings im a chocoholic

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am determined and have found a strong support system
  • First name: Dolly

Geographical location:Virginia

Marital Status: Married almost two years

Children/Ages: none

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, photography, fashion

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Lost weight (and gained it back) couple of times over the last 5 years. Present effort started in Sep, 2009

Starting Weight:175

Present Weight:160

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Most of my time is spent studying...

Following any specific plan: Trying to eat healthy and exercise 3 times a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: eating healthier. before, i used to exercise but couldn't control what i ate.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Been looking around this website for a few months, glad to finally join!

Geographical location:slidell, la

Marital Status:married to my best friend

Children/Ages:noah(22 months) tru(2 months)

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:shopping,pogo,bowling

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color:brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2/1/10

Starting Weight:230

Present Weight:225

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:soda

Following any specific plan: going to the gym at least 4 times a week and staying away from the soda

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:my kids

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Jessica

Geographical location:Portland,OR

Marital Status: boyfriend moving in next week (eek!)

Petshe love of my life, my year old pitbull Mickey

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Music, Shows, Making art

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color: reddish/ hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2/15/10

Starting Weight:195

Present Weight:193

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:soda

Following any specific plan: Started alli today, low carb, calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:my boyfriend (he can eat ANYTHING and look great ) , boredom eating, mindless snacking

• First name: Brittany

Geographical location:Clarksville, Tn

Marital Status: married to my best friend <3

Pets: 8 year old shi tzu (little bit) 2 year old cat (Darby)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, art, graphic design, horror movies

Height:5'5'

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Grey/ Dark Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2/22/10

Starting Weight:189

Present Weight:189

Goal Weight:125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional/boredom eating. What can I say, that fridge, it calls to me.

Following any specific plan: Low carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I need a goal while my husband is deploying to Afghanistan. I want to look great when he comes home!

• First nameeresa

Geographical locationoronto

Marital Statusating 5+years

Children/Ages:0

Occupation:Currently Marketing- Going back to school in the fall for Nursing

Pets:Black lab, Beagle

Hobbies/Interestsrawing, reading, painting

Height:5"3

Eye/Hair Color:Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:February 25th 2010

Starting Weight:203

Present Weight:201

Goal Weight:120-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Getting into an exercise routine. I hate exercising so finding something i like and can stick to will be challenging!

Following any specific plan:Suzanne Somers "Somersizing"

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I have tried to completely cut out foods which caused me to binge on them more. I have also done really restrictive diets in the past that work at first, but then you gain it all back and then some. This plan is more of a lifestyle change than an extreme diet.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Good luck everyone!!!
  • First name: Isabel

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: Recently acquired a boyfriend, ahaha

Children/Ages: NONE!

Occupation: A bum with a college degree...but I'm waiting to hear back from grad school, so hopefully soon it will be a bummy grad student.

Pets: I really want a dog, but none yet.

Hobbies/Interests: I am a HUGE hockey fan. Right now I'm teaching myself Italian, we'll see how successful I am at that, and I'm learning how to play the ukulele.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY! 2/27/10

Starting Weight: 264

Present Weight: 264

Goal Weight: As of now, 190. When I get closer, I'll probably change my goal to 150.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm addicted to pop. And I'm way too accustomed to the college student diet.

Following any specific plan: Not particularly. I'm just going to keep a food/exercise journal and monitor what I eat and how much I exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Mainly because this time I don't have the distraction/excuse of, "Oh I'm too busy/stressed because of school and all I want to do is relax."

Anything else you would like to share with us: USA will kick Canada's butt in men's ice hockey and get the GOLD. Ahahaha.
  • First name:Christine

Geographical location:Northern California

Marital Status:married for 3 years

Children/Ages:1 daughter age 2

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:reading, writing, hiking, raw food eating.

Height:5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:Green eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 13, 2010

Starting Weight:178

Present Weight:168

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Being consistent with working out. My husband is incredibly supportive, and works out often. I am my own worst enemy.

Following any specific plan: I am using our Bowflex every other day. I am also walking and doing Callanetics twice a week. I plan on starting slim in six and continue on to Chalean extreme workout.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have never struggled with weight until I had my daughter. I'm just set on getting healthy and feeling beautiful again. I am hardly able to go out in public because I'm embarrassed with myself. I am ready to be a grown up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was down from 165 at pregnancy to 135. I gained it back and 13 extra pounds ballooning to 178. I am going to get to a healthy weight.
  • First name: Alison

Geographical location: Wilmington, NC

Marital Status: Single

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, the beach

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: green/ brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Jan 4, 2010

Starting Weight:229

Present Weight:215

Goal Weight:165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: myself, getting discouraged.

Following any specific plan: calories in < calories out. watching portions and calories. exercise atleast 5 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: felt like i hit rock bottom in NZ with the family when i couldn't go sky diving cause i was too heavy. I'm so motivated and really focused this time around. Taking it one day at a time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am so glad to have joined!
  • First name: Shelby

Geographical location: Houston, TX

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: walking, reading, cooking, schoolwork

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December, 2009

Starting Weight: 189

Present Weight: 179

Goal Weight: 129

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lunches out at work and dining out with friends (I looove Tex Mex!)

Following any specific plan: Just counting calories on the Daily Plate. Trying to exercise 3x week cardio and 2x week muscle toning - definitely an opportunity area though!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm focusing on eating *healthily* instead of eating small quantities of junk

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been lurking here for a while. Hope to actually join in!
  • First name: Nicole

Geographical location: Iowa

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Perpetual Student(prereqs to become a chiropractor)

Pets: 3 dogs, and 3 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Working out, reading, hiking, biking, skiing, crafting in the winter, decorating, gardening, couponing, movies

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2008

Starting Weight: 212+(I didn't weigh myself the first two weeks because I was scared of the number on the scale)

Present Weight: 179.4!

Goal Weight: I *think* my goal is 160 and toned, but it's been SO long since I've been anywhere near 160(and I wasn't toned at the time) that I honestly don't know. I think it'll be a matter of finding a point where I'm comfortable with how I feel and look, and sticking with it. I've been a size 12 for over a year now, and while I know I'd like to be smaller, I can't imagine smaller than an 8.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it. I will never be a girl that can just say, oh, I'm not going to bother *doing something important to weightloss/maintenance* for a week. I might have off days, but I have to be hard on myself to stay on track--the 10 pounds that I regained this winter is evidence of that!

Following any specific plan: I have a GoWear Fit, so I track my calories burned. I generally don't track what I eat, because I'm such a creature of habit when it comes to food, that logging the same food plan every day(within about 100 calories of variance) gets old fast. If I eat majorly out of the norm, I will log, just to see what I am up against.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My husband and I are having a public vow renewal on a beach in Jamaica next January, and we're now working out together. Also, I'm 25. It's time to stop hating what I look like.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm always looking for buddies to talk with online. PM me if you wanna chat!
  • First name: Kristy

Geographical location: memphis area

Marital Status: married almost 6 years (March 15th)

Children/Ages: 2 boys 13 & 7

Pets: mini schnauzer, black cat, snowshoe cat, corn snake

Hobbies/Interests: gardening - mainly roses, clematis, hostas. - crafts & travel

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: dunno - about 3 years ago

Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight:140

Goal Weight: 115-120ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: 3 years ago I was at my best. Strong as ever, 115 pounds, running easily 13-15 miles every Saturday & 5-6 miles everyday during the week. Then both of my parents passed. The world stopped & I quickly put on about 45 pounds. The hardest thing for me is to put that out of my head as much as possible. Focusing is a hard thing for me, but I just go day to day the best I can. In the gym, I turn up my ipod as loud as it will let me & just let it all go. It is still a struggle everyday to not break down & hide in my own little world, but the fact is, my parents would be very disappointed in me if they knew I was hurting myself b/c I was hurting for them.

Following any specific plan:
    Yep, My own ..... NO whining, NO excuses, NO BS, NO poor me blah-blah, GIVE 110% EVERYDAY! If I'm sweating like mad, sweat another 30 minutes then be done. Get up & do it again tomorrow.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
  • First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: United States

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: at home my family has 2 kitties

Hobbies/Interests: art, music, books, opera, theatre, travel, fashion

Height: 5'7''

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/31/09

Starting Weight: 167.9

Present Weight: 152

Goal Weight: will be 130, but right now the goal is 145. Taking it bit by bit at a time.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: long workdays=big appetite. I only get like 5 hours of sleep a night and pack in A TON of stuff during the day.

Following any specific plan: eat less move more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: motivation is up, lifestyle change, using internet resources religiously, holding myself more accountable for bad eating, and also knowing that weight loss alone does not equal happiness.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a pretty avid blogger so if you get the chance check my 3FC blog out; if you have a blog we can do a link swap
  • First name:Cecilia (Cece is fine )

Geographical location: Dallas

Marital Status: In a Relationship 3+ years

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 Pit Bulls Cain & Abel

Hobbies/Interests: Cars music, shopping, going out with friends and my hun, studying (yea it's an interest)

Height: 5'3.5" (I also think the .5 makes a difference)

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/04/2010

Starting Weight:187

Present Weight:187

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I need to quit smoking, it impairs my overall health. Also lack of support, while my hun is supportive of MY weightloss he stands 5'11 @ 155 lbs :\ and can eat anything and still LOSE weight... I know it's all about the metabolism and his working in construction but watching him eat and eat to maintain weight does suck... a lot.

Following any specific plan:I lost 40lbs 2 years ago with WW in mind although i didn't follow plans or rules... I guess just watching what I eat and getting more active should do the trick.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I need to better my health and I have an actual goal in mind. I REFUSE to be a fat bride... and my hun keeps dropping hints soooo just to be safe I need to attempt to lose this weight.

Geographical location: Georgia

Pets: class fish count?

Hobbies/Interests: reading, walking, volunteering

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/4/10

Starting Weight: 146

Present Weight: 146

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying focused. A few years ago I was working out regularly and eating well. After 4 years of grad school and some (bad) personal choices, I gained about 20 pounds. Time to get back in shape!

Following any specific plan: Just live healthy

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have no more excuses. Time to pick myself up and put my health first. I hope to move in a few months and want to be in great shape to start the next chapter in my life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Could use some motivation! Thanks!