Pets: 1 cat and 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, movies, hiking

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/01/2011

Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight: 160

Goal Weight: 125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation. Stress- I am finishing up grad school and it seems like there is a sabotage around every corner.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting/cutting out junk, workout DVDs and getting back into running which used to be a passion of mine

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The last I weighed 160lbs and I lost 35, I became obsessive about it, which is not a recipe for maintaining it for life. This time I plan on making changes I can stick with, and although I want to lose it by summer, if I don't that is okay too. I also joined a forum last time and checked in daily which was very helpful.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I always have had a skewed perception of myself, so while I want to work on physical I also want to work on staying positive and healthy emotionally.
  • Me
    First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Maryland

Marital Status: single- but attached

Children/Ages:na

Pets: dog

Hobbies/Interests: being lazy, lol

Height:5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/ red ( at the moment)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/14/2011 ( afer my eye surgery)

Starting Weight:230

Present Weight:230

Goal Weight:165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: lazyness, i love to eat

Following any specific plan: Weight watchers points plus

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like more of an adult this time around, I am doing this for me, not anyone else

Anything else you would like to share with us: I had a kidney transplant in 2007 nd find ti harder to loose weight now
  • First name: Rae-Ann or Rae

Geographical location: Las Vegas

Marital Status: on my way! (Engaged)

Children/Ages: 1 stepdaughter/5

Pets: not yet

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, reading, spending time with my family

Height: 5'5''

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/03/2011

Starting Weight: 208.8lbs

Present Weight: 208.8lbs

Goal Weight: 155lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: incredbily picky eater with a HUGE sweet tooth.

Following any specific plan: No. I'm working on my own design. I know that I cannot or willnot stick to any type of "diet." So I'm doing this the hard way, changing the lifestyle. I am trying to incorporate a number of changes, smaller portions, no over eating, limited sugars, no soda!!!! (i'm a mountain dew fiend) I'm also trying to cook healtier by finding alternative ways to prepare the same foods I already eat.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Dertermination, will power, and a support group. I can do this!
  • About me =]

First name: Ali

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: Long term relationship, but recently long distance :/

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Cat at home

Hobbies/Interests: Psychology, Softball, Photography, Music, etc.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2011

Starting Weight: 189 lbs (highest I have EVER been)

Present Weight: 185 lbs

Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs (what I weighed in high school)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Dealing with constantly feeling tired and then recently switching from zoloft to wellbutrin after being on zoloft for 3 1/2 years..so the not so pretty transitioning side effects that are making me want to stay in bed all day... but I am loving the curbing of my appetite!

Following any specific plan: I had previously tried weight watchers, but it came to the point with me living in the dorms and having to a meal plan through school that I did not have enough time to plan out everything. I am going to work out 5 days a week. I am going to sign up for some fitness classes through our recreation center at school - Yoga, All About Arms, and H.a.b.i.t (hips, abs, buns, thighs) and thinking before i eat!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually have things to motivate me. My boyfriend was recently offered a job in Wyoming and I will not be seeing him until March(only for a week sadly) and then for a month this summer. He is planning on moving back in a year. So, with that being said I want to do this for myself..I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and in my clothes without having to spend 15 extra minutes trying on clothes in the mornings and still feeling unsatisfied. And additionally, since my boyfriend goes to the gym 5 days a week and runs 2 miles 7 days a week..I want him to think wow, she really cares about herself and her body..and a wow factor in general

Anything else you would like to share with us:Not currently, but I am really happy that I found this forum and am able to talk with other individuals that are going through the same things, as well as similar weights/heights/age!
  • First name: Mari

Geographical location: DE

Marital Status: Single (just to torture my mother LOL!)

Children/Ages: See above

Occupation: Teacher 4th grade, so in reference to the above question 24 age 10!

Pets:No

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, wine, traveling, reading, random facts!

Height: 5; 9"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-Green....Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time or in general? Trying since I was 8 yrs old in 1990....this time around I am a New Year New Me recommitment

Starting Weight: Highest ever 290...This time 250

Present Weight: 248

Goal Weight: For now I want to get below 200....we will see from there

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food....all food...especially sweets

Following any specific plan: Just trying to be smart

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My goals are a little more simple. I want to lose 20 lbs by spring.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not now, but as I post we will see!

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: Engaged 4 years, in the relationship just under 5 years.

Children/Ages: None

Pets: One puppy - Lilly, and two cockatiels - Woodstock and Shadow.

Hobbies/Interests: Nails, scrapbooking, card making, candle making... basically anything crafty!

Height:5'3.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Starting Weight: This journey? LOL... 04/01/11

Present Weight: 115.6kg/254.3lb

Goal Weight:75kg/165lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food. I eat at any sign of emotion. Doesn't matter what the emotion is, if I'm feeling it, I eat.

Following any specific plan: Going to the gym Mon-Fri mornings before work, cutting out all junk/takeaway food, and trying to cut down on portion sizes

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: One, we've started talking about planning our wedding (FINALLY!) and two, I'm getting a few health issues that I haven't shared with family/friends. Numbness in fingers, toes... starting to struggle to breathe while sleeping etc.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Not really... not yet
  • Doing it all over again is rough
    First name: Jess

Geographical location: Mass.

Marital Status: Not married, but live with my boyfriend

Children/Ages: none...unless you count my dog- which I do

Assistant manager

Pets
    : Moose....our miniature dachshund

Hobbies/Interests
    : I love painting, photography, volleyball, and playing KINECT on our new X Box!

Height:
    5'7"

Eye/Hair Color
    : green, dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1st

Starting Weight
    : 286

Present Weight:

Goal Weight
    :150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    Doing it all over again. I was at a time 330, and got down to 210. I then got stressed out at work and very comfortable with my boyfriend....I then got back up to 286. Im determined to hit my goal this time though, its just hard because this time I dont get as excited for every pound lost. Its quite over whelming

Following any specific plan
    : Counting calories and working out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Ive seen what im capable of, and so I know I can do it. I just want it even more this time....IE: hopefully Ill be shopping for a wedding dress in the next year and a half

Marital Status: Single

Pets: A dog

Hobbies/Interests: Video games, reading and cooking

Height: 5"7'

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyed and brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 220

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 152

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving up salt, fried foods and family pressures

Following any specific plan: No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first

Anything else you would like to share with us: No
  • First name:
    Holly

Geographical location:
    West Palm Beach, FL

Marital Status:
    Recently Divorced

Children/Ages:
    TREVOR!!!! (almost 2)

Bank Teller

Pets:
    sadly none

Hobbies/Interests:
    reading, playing with my son, travel

Height:
    5'6ish

Eye/Hair Color:
    hazel/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
    July 1st 2010

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    staying motivated!

Following any specific plan:
    just live a healthy and active lifestyle

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    keep it a secret! The one thing I've learned is when you tell friends and family your weight loss plans they just make you feel worse when you fail. Even without meaning too

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    I was on medifast for a little while and while I loved the results I just couldn't handle the food anymore! I LOVE food....
  • First name: Nichole

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: Newlywed

Children/Ages: None, yet

Pets: 1 kitty, 1 doggie

Hobbies/Interests: Bowling, swimming, music, movies, decorating, scrapbooking, knitting, drawing.

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01.07.11

Starting Weight: 277

Present Weight: 276

Goal Weight: 147

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Ugh, the whole process is hard, haha. Hmm, probably giving up fast food while not having access to a kitchen to cook my meals when I want to.

Following any specific plan: Staying between 1400-1600 calories, avoiding most foods that have more than 30% fat from calories, walking, Xbox fitness games, eating small portions throughout the day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never really incorporated activity and exercise before. I always felt that I could lose weight with just food...which I can, I just don't keep the weight off for very long.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I plan to set my weight loss goals as 10% of my starting weight. So, starting at 277, I'd like to lose 28 pounds. When I reach 249, my next goal will be to lose 25 pounds...so on and so forth. It will eventually lead me to the 140's, where I'd like to maintain my weight.
  • First name: Tara

Geographical location: Tampa, FL

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: Mackenzie 5

Pets: None (does DD count? LOL)

Hobbies/Interests: weight loss, reading, techie stuff.... work out

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: black/brown... I'm Korean...

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: This time around, 1/3

Starting Weight: 207 this time

Present Weight: 205.2

Goal Weight: 140 (but ultimately 130)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: fitting in healthy eating with busy schedule as I'm a single mom, working full time, going to school full time...

Following any specific plan: intuitive weight loss program..like ICMYT type..

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm truly committed
  • First name: dumplingface

Geographical location: Soon to be abroad

Children/Ages: None!

Pets: 1~more of a family dog, actually.

Hobbies/Interests: watching the tube, reading, traveling, trying new foods (hrmm ^^), hanging with family & friends.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08.01.10

Starting Weight: 252

Present Weight: 227

Goal Weight: 120~130: basically, whatever looks good on me!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Trying to 'care' enough...and snacking!

Following any specific plan: Jenny Craig/counting calories & exercising daily according to my spread sheet!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really care. In the past, I've wanted to be thin, but never really made it a priority or really 'wanted' it enough. I really want it now! I want some cute clothes, damnit!

Anything else you would like to share with us: My first goal is to get to 200. The closet I've gotten is 218 in the past 2 years. I want this badly and I'm going to get it!
  • Geographical location: Michigan

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, going for walks, daydreaming

Height: 5' 7.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Red hair, brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I guess I started again in early November 2010.

Starting Weight: 268

Present Weight: 258

Goal Weight: 194

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Uncontrolled eating

Following any specific plan: "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants." I want to avoid eating junk food the rest of my life except (a little) when offered to me or special occasions.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am seriously prepared to live without junk food! I figure I've lived 12 years without meat and I don't miss it so I can make this a lifelong change, too, for my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am trying to reconcile what I see in the HAES philosophy with my desire to reduce my weight by at least 15% for both health and vanity's sake.
  • First name:Emma

Geographical location:Cardiff

Marital Status:in a relationship

Children/Ages:

Pets: 3 naughty cats

Hobbies/Interests: aerobics wii fit just dance

Height:5"2

Eye/Hair Color:Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Late november

Starting Weight:13st 3lbs

Present Weight:13st 0.5lbs

Goal Weight:10st

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: uni and finding time to exercise

Following any specific plan: ww

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Dont want to be fat at 30

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    Im a veggie
    I have an underactive thyroid and depression
  • First name: Andrea

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: Happily married to my high school sweetheart

Children/Ages: 1 baby girl - 5 months

Pets: a Puggle

Hobbies/Interests: my family, photography, crocheting

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started summer of 09, got preggers, lost that weight, reignited Dec 10.

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Snacking out of boredom, for fun, because it tastes good...

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting (1600-1700/day - while breastfeeding) & exercising 3-4 times a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to be a healthy mom & wife, I want to look hot in jeans again

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was here in 2009 as Burberry0421 & lost 30 lbs with the accountability here, so I'm excited to be back for some more!