Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #376  

Newbie here

First name: Tré

Geographical location: Born in Jamaica but live in the UK

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 1 daughter (4 in 3 weeks) and 1 sister (8 1/2)

Pets: Not anymore

Hobbies/Interests: Blogging, Jewellery making, Music, Web browsing

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Light brown eyes / Black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Chronic restarter but started again last monday.

Starting Weight:
Highest weight 226lbs but starting weight this time 219.8lbs

Present Weight: 219.1

Goal Weight: 140 - 154

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Consistency, Temptation, Procrastination, Lazyness

Following any specific plan: Healthy eating 1200 - 1500 cals, high protein, low cal, low fat (moderate good fats), low salt, low sugar.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm fastly approaching 25 - I refuse to carry this feeling into my 30's.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Anyone looking for weightloss buddies via, twitter, bbm, msn etc?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 167/Ticker/147

Height: 5'-2"

Been around the boards for a few days now...

First name: Lynn

Geographical location: New England

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Anything outside: hiking, biking, skiing

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Greenish Brownish/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around November 8th

Starting Weight: 167 (highest was 172 last year)

Present Weight: 163

Goal Weight: 152

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not giving up to easily when it gets tough

Following any specific plan: Counting Calories, 1300-1500 depending on if its a workout day or not. Gym 4 days a week 1 to 1.5 hours each time.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually have some free time to go to the gym! All previous attempts I was working 2 jobs or going to school and working, and now Im just working so evenings are all mine.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just excited to get to know everyone and succeed this time around!

Last edited by skigirl84; 11-24-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: Southern/Central, Maine

Marital Status: Married (I guess we're still newlyweds--a little over 2 years of marriage).

Children/Ages: 5 furbabies and foster furbabies once and a while.

Pets: 5! Sidka is an American Eskimo, he is almost 4 years old; Jo Jo is a Rat Terrier and she is almost 7 years old; Ginny is a tortie short hair and is 8 years old, Pooka is a calico short hair bobtail and she is just over 4 years old, Phineas is the baby, an orange tabby, 9 months old.

Hobbies/Interests: Camping, reading, cooking and Scentsy

Height: almost 5' 1"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: November 10th, 2010

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 223.6 (getting weight in tonight!)

Goal Weight: 120 or 125, haven't completely decided yet and I have a doctors appointment next week to talk about it.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: cooking nutritious foods, writing everything down, exercising!

Following any specific plan: Weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Weight watchers! Following a specific plan and sticking to it! This is my 3rd week on WW, but only the 2nd 'official' week.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need motivation for walking!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 235/230/160

Height: 5'8"

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Iowa

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: 2 dogs (Tiny and Squirt), 1 cat (Zeus), and 3 ferrets (Herky, Dallas, and Cleo)

Hobbies/Interests: reading, listening to music, my pets, photography, spending time with my husband when his home

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10-2010

Starting Weight: 235

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting motivated to workout

Following any specific plan: Watch what I eat and working out at least 3 times a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well I have actual lost weight in the past but I stopped going to the gym. I plan on getting my membership going again n starting over

Anything else you would like to share with us: nope
Old 12-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #380  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

First name: Honey

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: No Children

Pets: 1 Yorkie her name is Giselle

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Dancing, Reading, Walking

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: November 8, 2010

Starting Weight: 295.5

Present Weight: 280.5

Goal Weight: 150 or 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying on plan

Following any specific plan: low calorie and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I realize that putting it off now means that I will only have to do it later.

Anything else you would like to share with us: nope
Old 12-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'6

Default This is me!

First name: Andrea

Geographical location: BC

Pets: I am currently fostering two kittens, Benchley & Daschel. They are 3 months and adorable!

Hobbies/Interests: Learning, board games, knitting, cooking & baking, sewing, spending time with friends, listening to music, playing music

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today! Dec. 3rd.

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 165

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding the time to work out in my busy schedule, having to spend most of my day sitting in front of a computer

Following any specific plan: Just trying to make exercise a regular part of my routine, avoiding junk foods and making a food diary.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I haven't actively tried to lost weight before, sincerely, because I am afraid of failing! It's harder than I thought it was before I was overweight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Other people's stories of their weight loss journeys have inspired me to do this. I am looking forward to being more active and healthy! It will be a first in long time.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #382  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

i also post on chicks in control

First name: Salvina

Geographical location: Seattle, WA (by way of Brooklyn, NY)

Marital Status: it's complicated

Children/Ages: no kids, someday though

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: writing, exploring, hanging out, watching movies, wicca, eastern religions, lots of other stuff

Eye/Hair Color: brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: my whole life...this time 8/2010, finally got back on track in 11/10

Starting Weight: 251

Present Weight: 237

Goal Weight: 135-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my bingeing, self sabotage

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: there is no one in my life to distract me anymore. its all me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love feeling a sense of community here, and you all inspire me, keep me motivated, and often put into words what I can't seem to articulate. thank you!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 168/127.6!!/125

Height: 5'5

Default Hello! :)

First name: Kay

Geographical location: Florida

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: going to the beach, reading, photography

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / Brownish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This particular journey? Around August, 2010

Starting Weight: ~168

Present Weight: 154

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I guess just not staying on track? Once I lose a little weight, I kind of forget about it and then all of a sudden I realize how much I weigh and have to start over again.

Following any specific plan: Not right now. Just trying to make better food choices and get to the gym.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Joining this forum!! Hopefully having support and motivation will help me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hmm.. my weight is constantly fluctuating, which I know is not good. My lowest was 110, and I went directly from there to 180 in the course of a year !! When I realized how much weight I had gained I lost 35 pounds very quickly. For the past 3 years I have been floating between 150-160, gaining and losing the same 10 pounds over and over. Without even realizing it, by the end of the summer I had gotten up to 168 pounds. When I realized, I knew I had to make a change. I've lost ~14 pounds, but I really want to break out of the 150s!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 410/408/120

Height: 5'6"

First name: Nicole, but everyone calls me Nika.

Geographical location: Dayton, Ohio, but moving to Kentucky extremely soon.

Marital Status: Dating.

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: Shih Tzu/Pekingese puppy named Lily (7 months) and two goldfish named Godric and Rowena.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Music, Television, Movies.

Height: 5'6".

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 9, 2010.

Starting Weight: 410 pounds.

Present Weight: 408 pounds.

Goal Weight: 120 pounds.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The mentality of it all - forcing myself to quit overeating and to get to the gym.

Following any specific plan: Couch to 5K.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I need to lose the weight for my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to become a runner, and I want to run the Amazing Race some day.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 152/135/120

Height: 5'4''

First name: Holly

Geographical location: West Virginia, U.S.

Marital Status: boyfriended

Children/Ages: noooooo thanks

Pets: cat stevens and purrcilla

Hobbies/Interests: writing, reading, watching, boating

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: last december

Starting Weight: 152

Present Weight: 135

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: When I quit my job at the restaurant I lost 5 lbs in one week. It is impossible to lose weight if you wait

Following any specific plan: I've been doing Jillian Michael tapes. The 30 day shred is almost too easy now and I've moved on to No More Trouble Zones and her other long cardio one. Basically I've been using exercise videos before it go cold I would jog without strength training. I see now why that wasn't working so well, it is hard to do effective cardio if you barely got any muscles.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: 152 is the most I've ever weighed. I fluctuate weight every couple years where I max out. Then I get skinny and give up. This time I want to not let that happen again and try to maintain a healthier lifestyle. I hope to never break 145 again.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm sore from the Jillian Michaels videos!!! They will work probably for another month or two, then I guess I'll need to start going to gym until is nice outside.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:01 AM   #386  

First name: Emm

Geographical location: US

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Surfing the internet, Watching Movies, Studying, Traveling

Height: 5'5"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/16/2010

Starting Weight: 160

Highest Weight: 180

Present Weight: 160

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making the time to cook healthy meals and exercise

Following any specific plan: No specific plan, just want to slowly get in the habit of exercising again.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I will have more time to exercise and work on losing weight

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is my first time using a online community to lose weight.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #387  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

First name:Kendra

Geographical location: Santa Barbara, CA

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: Olivia, 4yo cat

Hobbies/Interests: fencing, renaissance, reading, science

Height: 5'7".

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 16, 2010

Starting Weight: 189 pounds.

Present Weight: 158.5 pounds.

Goal Weight: 145 pounds or less/size 8 by 24th birthday (2/2011).

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Working in a sedentary job at odd hours makes it difficult to get up and out and severely messes up schedule.

Following any specific plan: Lose it! App calorie counter/plan started at 1350 cal/day, now at around 1200. Lift weights at home, starting to add cardio.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I made a commitment to my self to care about what I thought, not my ex (who preferred me heavy) or any significant other ever again.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been slightly heavy since high school, but never as severe as senior year of college. My parents have been telling me I was "fat" since I was in middle school and I'm afraid my self esteem will never recover.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 260/180/145

First name: Hillary
Geographical location: Midwest
Petsne dog
Hobbies/Interests: drawing, walking, listening to music
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Technically january 2010 but I did nothing this year after March
Starting Weight: 250 (or there abouts at highest)
Present Weight: 216
Goal Weight: 160 (ultimately in the 140s but right now Id be happy to be sitting at 180)
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not overeating and realizing it isnt going to happen overnight
Following any specific plan: counting calories guestimatingly. plan on signing back up for WW eventually.
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I'm ready to change. Im tired of being who I am at this weight and ready to have the confidence to go out and get what I want in life.
Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm happy to be here!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #389  
Daily Struggle

Height: 5'3

First name: Jenny

Geographical location: New Jersey

Children/Ages: none

Hobbies/Interests: Music, driving

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Green/ black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dont know exact date, but its definitely a journey.

Starting Weight: 200

Present Weight: not a clue, around 200

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My biggest problem is either messing up because ill eat while not thinking, just out of boredom, but im changing that.

Following any specific plan:Calories, Low g.i., healthy.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a higher endurance now then ever

Anything else you would like to share with us: this forum is awesome, thats all
Old 12-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #390  
47 Pounds To Go!

S/C/G: 165/162/115

Height: 5'5" Age: 22

First name: Jenn

Geographical location: West Virginia (was born and raised in Maryland, just moved here in October to be with my boyfriend)

Marital Status: Single, but very taken.

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: 3 cats, Tehya, Marley and Zoey

Hobbies/Interests: i LOVE purses. they're pretty much my only vice.

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: i have always battled with my weight. but this time (the final time!) December 2009!

Starting Weight: 164.2

Present Weight: 164.2 (started today!)

Goal Weight: 115 +/-

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I had an eating disorder in high school, and it was the darkest time in my life. I don't want to go back to that, and so I have to be very, very careful about my weight loss methods because I can see myself being obsessive and crazy about it again.

Following any specific plan: Eat Less, Move More.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My boyfriend and I have set a tentative wedding date for October 6th, 2012. he hasn't proposed yet but I have the thought that it is coming sometime soon. I don't want to have to worry about losing weight AND planning our wedding, so I want to get this out of the way now. and be healthy, of course!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope!
Closed Thread