20 Something Profiles

You're on Page 23 of 34
Go to
  • First name: Tori

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: Married, Mom of 4

Children/Ages: 7, 6, 4, and 3 months

Pets: None...we have four children! ha!

Hobbies/Interests: I love to shop...especially for handbags and shoes!

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 2010

Starting Weight: 200

Present Weight: 172

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Losing consistantly

Following any specific plan: Jouranling, watching my calorie intake, and lots of exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is my plan of attack each time I have had to lose weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Read my blog! I just started it online and I will keep it updated almost daily about my thoughts, stress, struggles, and successes on this journey. I have had to drop weight several times in the past. I hope this is my last time around!
  • hi everyone! i'm julie :o)
    First name: Julie

Geographical location: NYC

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: 2 loving and playful dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Travel, jogging, biking, dancing, movies, dogs, and listening to music

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oct. 10, 2010

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating and lack of confidence

Following any specific plan: normal/healthy balanced eating, everything in moderation, NOT calorie counting as this has made me obsessive in the past. I would like to try intuitive eating.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I won't be calorie counting because it made me obsessed with calories instead of health. And it made me feel deprived in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I look forward to sharing my journey with you all!
  • First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Makeup/Fashion, Dancing

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 2010

Starting Weight: 237

Present Weight: 228

Goal Weight: 124

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation, will-power...I am impatient and losing weight isn't an overnight process. When I don't see immediate results I feel discouraged and just lose all focus and gain the weight back.

Following any specific plan: Right now I want to cleanse my body, maybe eat fruits for a week? Then slowly introduce vegetables and lean meats into my diet again.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to do it for myself. I hope to use this forum as a support system, too.
  • First name: Leslie

Geographical location: PA

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: full time student/nursing assistant/ army medic (ARNG)

Pets: black lab mix and a bunch of fish

Hobbies/Interests: running, drawing, reading and my favorite right now SLEEPING lol

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 15 October 2010

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: dealing with back pain- herniated degenerative disc, and trying to take off weight from steroids (Prednisone is EVIL...but it feels sooo good...)

Following any specific plan: calorie counting and exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: the calorie counting part...and it's no longer just "a little extra pudge" I'm seriously overweight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been struggling with weight for as long as I can remember, but I was always confident about my body. My attitude was "yes, I could lose some weight, but I still look good" Now it's I need to lose weight or I'm going to get discharged from the army and my back pains only going to get worse.
  • Hiya!
    First name: Vanessa. but feel free to call me Nessa or KC

Geographical location: Japan! (but i'm originally from Montreal, Canada)

Marital Status: newly in a relationship!

Children/Ages: don't have any as of now, but i want some!

Occupation: ALT (that's assistant language teacher) i teach english at a junior high school in Japan.

Pets: don't have any, but i love them.

Hobbies/Interests: fashion, music, boys... pop-culture, tv, travelling, COFFEE... someone mentioned being obssessed with shoes and bags before... that's me too!! i think i must have like 30 pairs of shoes... lol!

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, dark blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: mid-july 2010

Starting Weight:86.5kg (190lbs)

Present Weight: 80kg (178lbs)

Goal Weight: 68kg (150lbs) and if i get there, then on to 59kg (130lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: motivation. i just bored and start asking myself "what's the point?" and then give up...

Following any specific plan: just checking calories. not journalling because i used to do it before and i'm pretty much always eating the same thing anyways, and i don't wanna make myself crazy. i try to eat lots of whole foods and really limit the carbs.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm 29 and turning 30 freaks me out! i don't wanna be a fat 30 years-old! also, i've set myself doable mini-goals, i think... my mom told me she was gonna buy me a samantha thavasa bag (200$-400$) if i lost 10kg so originally that was the main goal! and my bf said he'd take me on a trip somewhere when i lost 20kg! it's good motivation that comes from outside because, since i'm a shopaholic, i tend to give myself presents all the time! lol.

Anything else you would like to share with us: hmm... i've been living in Japan for over 2 years and i really love it here. my first language is actually french. i've been fat/tubby all my life. i've never been under 165lbs as an adult. so i'm hoping to break that boundary!!!
  • First name: Audra

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: single, but with a boyfriend

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: none at the moment

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching way too much tv & movies, wandering around with friends, starting to get into geocaching on occasion, wine (although I have crummy taste)

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2010

Starting Weight: 231 lbs.

Present Weight: 190.3 lbs.

Goal Weight: 170 lbs. then I will reassess

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not spending 24 hours a day on my job

Following any specific plan: South Beach & calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's actually working! I attribute a lot of my success to the Bodybugg. It has been SO helpful in figuring out what I burn/need to eat in a day.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not really, I've been posting in here for a little bit, but thought maybe I should introduce myself.
  • First name: Jennie

Geographical location: Canada, Vancouver

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages:

Pets: Cat and dog

Hobbies/Interests: Computer graphic, video games...etc

Height: 5"5

Eye/Hair Color: Eye is brown but I wear lenses so they various a lot. Haircolor currently is brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 01 2010

Starting Weight: 230lb

Present Weight: 183lb

Goal Weight: 150lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I simply..love..meat..

Following any specific plan: I m currently on a part of fiber 35 diet. Drinking Fitsmart shakes twice a day and eating a normal meal once a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel more determined this time and I have lost way more than my previous attempts.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I look forward to meeting a bunch of new people that are struggling through the same thing as me =)
  • First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: Northern Michigan

Marital Status: Single, very single

Pets: Chocolate lab puppy, 6 months, named Cadence

Hobbies/Interests: Music Festivals, sewing, fashion, nature

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: Green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Wednesday October 13, 2010 Restart

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: ?

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My biggest hurdle is night time binge eating. Also if I don't plan, I don't succeed; plain and simple.

Following any specific plan: Just calorie counting and drinking LOTS of water

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More motivated, I have mini-goals set up, I live alone so I don't have junk food temptations waiting for me in the kitchen!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really really want to see results, and I know I can, I am my own worst enemy and I have to remember I'm doing this for ME. When I get cravings I needs to find ways to curb them.
  • Hi!
    First name: Diana

Geographical location: Tennessee

Marital Status:In a committed relationship

Children/Ages: None...except the furry ones

Pets: My little pommy pup girl, Brindle (Brinny), and my kitty, Isabella (Izzy)

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, Shopping, Fashion, Running, Football (Go Titans!!!!), Boating

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Navy Blue eyes, Natural hair, Cinnamon Brown...currently with blonde, red, and black high/low lights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 4th, 2010

Starting Weight: 224

Present Weight: 211

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My sweet tooth! Also, getting on the scale, and not seeing the number I want to see... gets me super discouraged!

Following any specific plan: Seeing a dietary doctor who specializes in weightloss. Weekly evaluations and Lipo B injections. Daily Phen pill, following the diabetic diet (1200 cals max, 110 carbs max), keeping a food journal, and exercising 5-6 days a week. Also, started back into marathon training... first half marathon since weightloss journey began will be 2/12/11.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Actually getting professional help. I had enough, and I needed help.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I never thought I'd see the day where I would say NO to a cookie, or any sort of sweet treat! I finally feel like I can overcome the weigh obstacles that I have been dealing with these past three years! Always being the tiny, pretty girl growing up, it was so hard to see my body transform into something unnatural. My new motto: Never Give Up! You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to!
  • First name: Toni

Geographical location: Fort Bragg, NC

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Mia 6 Bryan 11 months

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: anything outdoors, playing with my kids, and reading

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color:brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2010

Starting Weight: 236 lbs

Present Weight: 211 lbs

Goal Weight: 155 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting discouraged and loosing motivation

Following any specific plan: not really just eating smaller portions and going to the gym and walking more everyday

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am getting depressed and have decided that enough is enough and if I continue this way I will never be happy and I have so much in life to be happy with,
  • First name: Shelby

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Single (hopefully not for long )

Children/Ages: none

Pets: one senior puppy and an old kitty

Hobbies/Interests: volleyball and family

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/21/2010

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: cravings and beer

Following any specific plan: weight watchers and anything else I find on here

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm sick of being overweight!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I tend to get off track really easily

Hello everyone! I'm brand new to this site and I'm still not sure how everything works. I really hope this will help me with this neverending weightloss journey I have been in for the last 3 years now. I do ok for a few days and then everything seems to go down hill. It's really hard to stay motivated....especially when it seems like everyone you know can eat whatever they want without gaining a pound. I know it's going to be difficult, but I know I will eventually be able to be at the weight I want to be. Congrats to all of you who have been doing so well!!! You can be my motivation!!
  • First name: Kristyn, but I prefer to go by Krissy (:

Geographical location: Hawaii

Marital Status: In a relationship.

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: None would LOOOOOVE a dog though.

Hobbies/Interests: Bowling, Graphics

Height: 5'4''

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/Black.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: "Officially" started 3 days ago, so the 19th.

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 172

Goal Weight: the 120's.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: SODA. I have a fizzy caffeine addiction.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm being serious about it, and joining a forum such as 3FC helps with the motivation.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm going on a 2-week Florida trip in the summer, which includes a cruise to the Bahamas. I don't wanna be the only flabby female in the bunch. :/
  • First name: Danielle

Geographical location: Midwest US

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Children/Ages: Blake 2

Pets: Zoey whippet mix/Gogo Russian blue mix

Hobbies/Interests: Anything outdoors, reading, video games, cooking

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/currently mahogany brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 1st, 2010

Starting Weight: 86 kilos (189lbs)

Present Weight: 80 kilos (176lbs)

Goal Weight: 52 kilos (115lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding time for exercise and controlling the sweet tooth.

Following any specific plan: Continue to maintain healthy eating and rigid exercise routine. Combination cardio (elliptical) and resistance training (Total Gym.)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually serious about it this time around.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Even around a relapse in healthy eating last week, I've managed to maintain the 13lb weight loss. I just started my rounds on the elliptical yesterday.
  • First name: Thais

Geographical location: Brazil

Marital Status: Single

Pets: No

Hobbies/Interests: Music, movies, books, any exercise involving a swimming pool

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oct 2009 (sort of)

Starting Weight: 236 lb (107 kg)

Present Weight: 201 lb (91,5 kg)

Goal Weight: 125 lb (57 kg)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: So many. Lack of confidence and faith in myself, losing weight slowly (way to slow for my taste), lack of motivation at times, not knowing a lot of people in the same situation as me (until I found this forum!)

Following any specific plan: Just eating smaller portions and exercising regularly (but not as much as I want to or as much as I could)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I mean it. I need this phisically and mentally. I need to know that I can change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I admire you lot. You're all fantastic!
  • Hello!
    First name:Amy

Geographical location:Portland, Oregon (USA)

Marital Status:Married

Children/Agesaughter/6 years old

Pets:@ cats (Sadie & Kika) & 2 dogs (Sampson & Tyson)

Hobbies/Interests: I love reading. I know it's nerdy, but I don't care

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/Green Eyes, Black Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/22/2010

Starting Weight:213lbs

Present Weight:213lbs

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:My biggest hurdle will be staying motivated and following through!

Following any specific plan:I'm counting calories & trying to stick to South Beach recipes

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have been diagnosed as pre-diabetic. I have to lose weight for my health!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've gained 60lbs in the last two years. I've never been thin, but this is the heaviest I've ever been! I need to get a handle on my weight before it spins any further out of control!