First name: Summer

Geographical location: Pittsburgh, PA

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None

Pets: One spoiled pug!

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, reading, walking around my neighborhood

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 05, 2010!

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am definitely a "grazer"! I also get impatient and discouraged when I don't see results "right now".

Following any specific plan: No particular plan- just going to try to eat as healthy as I can.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My fiance is going to join me and be my workout/health buddy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'd love to find some more buddies to help me along the way!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 275/274.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Brand new here! Just signed up like an hour ago!

First name: Meaghan

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: Boyfriend of 10 months

Occupation: Student/Sales Associate/graduating in December and wanting to enter the publishing world

Pets: Jasper, a beagle, but I live on campus, so he is living with my mom until December

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, watching TV and movies, crocheting, hanging out with my boyfriend, friends, and/or family, etc.

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been trying to lose weight since like 7th or 8th grade, but I am starting fresh on August 16, 2010

Starting Weight: I don't know exactly what I weigh right now because I haven't weight myself in a few weeks, and I am on vacation. But my starting weight will probably be between 242 and 248

Present Weight: Same as whatever my starting weight will be. I haven't officially started over again yet.

Goal Weight: 150 is what I'm aiming for at the end of all of this, but below that would work for me too. I just think 150 is more realistic.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: 1. I don't like vegetables like at all. Nothing common like lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, or spinach (so therefore I cannot eat salads). I know vegetables aid a lot in weight loss, so that makes it difficult for me.
2. I am a student, I have a job, I have a boyfriend, and I am graduating in December, so that adds applying to graduate schools and finding a real job to my already hectic life.
3. My boyfriend, who is also overweight and has expressed a desire to lose it, is not as serious about it as I am, so he often encourages me that "we can have a little bit of ice cream tonight" or whatever. He also would rather get fast food or go out to eat rather than cook something healthy at home. My idea this go around is to ignore his habits and stay true to my own.

Following any specific plan: I have my own plan that actually does work for me. Last year I was on it for about a month and a half to two months and lost 11 pounds! Basically I just eat whole grains, low fat and low sugar everything, chicken or turkey, etc. and then lots of cardio and core exercises at the gym six days a week with switching up the cardio every other day and upping the incline or speed or whatever periodically.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am at the highest weight I have ever been, and I am about to go out in the real world in four months. I would really like to go out into the real world below 200 pounds and continuing toward my goal. I guess really the biggest difference is that I am finally completely and utterly fed up with how I feel about myself, and I feel ready to change it permanently. I also feel like I finally have the knowledge and skills that I need to accomplish my goals.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need support because I don't have any friends here to work out with me or diet with me. Maybe my boyfriend will get on the bandwagon once he sees how serious I am but, even then, he only wants to lose about 50 pounds (whereas I want to lose 100), and he's not a woman, so I would just really like some female support!

Nice to meet everyone!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:08 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 150/110

Height: 5'1

Unhappy I

Im new.. I Just joined an hour ago.

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Orange County, Ca

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Cocker Spaniel Lucy

Hobbies/Interests: hiking, puzzles, playing with my dog

Eye/Hair Color: greenish blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/14/2010

Starting Weight: 150.8

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: lack of motivation, self esteem

Following any specific plan: no

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im less motivated this time, have no one to help me

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would really love to lose this weight to be able to love myself again.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber26 View Post
Im new.. I Just joined an hour ago.

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Orange County, Ca

Pets: Cocker Spaniel Lucy

Hobbies/Interests: hiking, puzzles, playing with my dog

Eye/Hair Color: greenish blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/14/2010

Starting Weight: 150.8

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: lack of motivation, self esteem

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im less motivated this time, have no one to help me

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would really love to lose this weight to be able to love myself again.
Hey! I'm in Long Beach, too!!!! You can do this! everyone here is very supportive, so don't think you have no one to help you!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #290  
Don't ever give up!

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

First name: Meagan

Geographical location: Pascagoula, MS

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 Age 19 months Girl

Pets: 9 - 7 cats; 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: read, swim, play games, lotsa stuff

Eye/Hair Color: green/ red (currently blonde)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/13/10

Starting Weight: 304

Present Weight: 304

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this time i have all you supporters

Anything else you would like to share with us: EVERYTHING. you can read my blog - the link is in my profile.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:48 AM   #291  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

First name: Kris

Geographical location: NJ

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reality TV, Concerts, Music, Reading, Love NYC Lounges!

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/16/10 (Starting in two days!)

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting out of the bed in the morning to go to bootcamp and sticking with it!

Following any specific plan: To finally LIVE HEALTHY!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I want to do it for ME. My friends love me, My boyfriend is utterly smitten with me, my family thinks I'mthe prettiest thing in the world...but I MUST be healthy and completely comfortable in my skin in order to settle down and have a family with the love of my life. I refuse to say yes to being engaged when I'm not healthy. My father died because he wasn't healthy. I don't ever want to have kids and be that selfish.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to share my journey with you all and hopefully you'll share yours as well!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #292  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

First name: Rather not say. (Yeah, I'm paranoid like that)

Geographical location: Sheffield Lake, Ohio

Marital Status: Happily married

Children/Ages: Childfree

Pets: None yet.

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, language, art, science, hiking, atheism

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Mid-July 2010

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 189.2

Goal Weight: 135-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Need to be consistent about exercising. When I do that, eating healthy comes easier.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and watching my carbs. I'm on week 6 of P90X. I will do a second round and then do the Insanity work-out and stay consistent about working out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I was a healthy weight when I did my undergrad because I worked out regularly and watched what I ate. I moved to Ohio, didn't join a gym, and sat and eat badly. Both my husband and I gained 40ish lbs since getting married in 2007. I am starting a new routine.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have the most warped sense of humor. Also, my goal is to wear a cute bathing suit for my next cruise in Feb/March of 2011.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #293  
False? Never. TROO!

S/C/G: 262/219/130

Height: 5'6"

First name: K

Geographical location: Utica, NY

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None!

Pets: Jack Russell Terrier (Melody)

Hobbies/Interests: art, music (mainly metal: grind, thrash, crust, doom, sludge, death, d-beat etc.) animation, photography, being outdoors, baseball, tattoos, counterculture

Eye/Hair Color: eyes: brown hair: blacker than the blackest black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (formally) July 22nd 2010, though I made small changes in my lifestyle 2 months prior

Starting Weight: 262 lbs

Present Weight: 244 lbs

Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not partying with friends, i.e., drinking a ton of booze

Following any specific plan: no, just eating healthy, drinking tons of water, and exercising 5+ times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually making the complete effort to change my life instead of picking one or two small things to work on.

Anything else you would like to share with us: When I reach my weight loss goal, I'm treating myself to skydiving, commemorating said skydiving with some new ink, and then getting my neck/throat fully tattooed.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 266/266/140

Height: 5ft4

First name: Prefer to not say

Geographical location: Devon, UK

Children/Ages: TTC!

Pets: Black labrador - Ruby, Cats - Chester, Oliver, Tilly

Hobbies/Interests: movies, tv, horse riding, walking to dog

Eye/Hair Color: blue / Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 16th August 2010

Starting Weight: 266 lbs

Present Weight: not weighed yet

Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting active, i sit at my desk all day, long hours, so tried when i come home. Need to find motivation.

Following any specific plan: none really. Adding exercise, cutting out the crap i eat, and drinking water!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before i used to lose weight to please people, now i want to do it for myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: When i reach my goal weight, my partner and I plan to get married... eeek
Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Arrow Whitney's Profile

First name: Whitney

Geographical location: Delaware

Occupation: Recently was blessed with being able to lose the full-time job and go full-time to school! Excited about that

Pets: Emma, dog-mutt! She is my baby, she's about to be 13 years old!

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Learning, Cooking (I try..), Photography.. I sound so boring!!

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, brown hair (but it changes often!)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 1st, 2009

Starting Weight: 227

Present Weight: 208

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it, no matter what, and emotional/stress eating!

Following any specific plan: Sparkpeople.com, mainly counting cals, eating sorta high protein, lowish carbs.
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Making time for my workouts. I schedule and plan my food and workouts. Its MANDATORY!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I know I'm secretly ripped under all this fat!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:14 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 285/278/150

Height: 5'7"

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Ohio

Pets: Puggle (Shooter)

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Movies, Concerts, Sports

Eye/Hair Color: blue/ dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/19/2010

Starting Weight: 269

Present Weight: 269

Goal Weight: 220 (to start) I get overwhelmed easily

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: motivation.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm more motivated I wannt be healthy and look good and feel like I'd have a slight chance at out running a bear

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hmm.. just that I'm excited to get to know everyone and learn tips and have support.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 197/197/140

First name: Kaitlyn

Geographical location: Oregon! Gotta love the Pacific Northwest!

Marital Status: Been with the lovely boyfriend for 10 months!

Children/Ages: Does my cat count!? Sassy/5

Pets: Sassy Jane (cat)

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, crafting, hanging out with my family and boyfriend

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair and eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oh, I'd say about a week ago so 8/14/2010

Starting Weight: 191 blech

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: I say 140 for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Hmmm... part of it is that my boyfriend is an amazing cook. We are in a long distance relationship and I recently spent the summer with him... yeah, I gained weight. Oh, and I absolutely love desserts. So hard to say no but I am getting better at it.

Following any specific plan: Working out more and watching what I eat.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just feel more motivated. I have no reason to weigh this much when I am as young as I am. It's just plain dumb. Oh, and part is that I don't want to be fat for my wedding. Is my wedding in the near future? Heck no... Has the BF proposed? Nope. Just want to look good in the pictures whenever that day is.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't really think of anything else. Haha
Old 08-23-2010, 01:01 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 215/170/144

Height: 5'10"

First name: Magda

Geographical location: Toronto, Canada

Marital Status:
Single

Hobbies/Interests: Other than school? Singing. I'm in an acapella choir.

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Grey Eyes/Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February

Starting Weight: 208 (BMI 29.8)

Present Weight:
190 (BMI 27.3)

Goal Weight:
140 (BMI 20.1)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Time, lack of control over food (residence meal plan)

Following any specific plan:
My Food Diary

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm lifting weights more, and eating more whole grains.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #299  
Science Genius Girl

First name: Megan

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: In a relationship. Relatively serious, but I'm not thinking about marriage 'till I'm like 25. XD

Children/Ages: Not thinking about kids 'till I'm like 27.

Occupation: Physics undergrad. Yes, I do study all the time. All. The. Time. :c

Pets: A conure (it's like a big parakeet...) named Mango and a cat named Mayaa. They're freaking awesome. <3

Hobbies/Interests: (I'm going to cheat and copy this from my profile) Physics, Astronomy, Science in general, Playing Saxophone & Piano, Drawing, Reading, Video Games, Computers

Eye/Hair Color: Gray/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/24/10

Starting Weight: Uhh... I'll be able to check this tomorrow. XD I haven't been weighed in a long time. Something around 175, probably.

Present Weight: Seeing as I just started... around 175. c:

Goal Weight: Around 130-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: A tie between portion control and getting regular exercise (when you have to study for hours and hours every day it's hard to get exercise in >_<)

Following any specific plan: Just trying to eat healthy and exercise often.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not much. I successfully lost weight a few years ago (and then gained some of it back), so I just have to do what I did before, which was eat healthy and exercise.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hmm.. not at the moment. :>
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #300  

First name: Courtney

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: In a pretty serious relationship with my boyfriend of 14 months.

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: 3 kitties!!

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, hanging with the bf and my friends, going out, movies, reading, etc.

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Green eyes and light brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I have struggled all my life but began my current weight loss plan as of 8/16/2010.

Starting Weight: 234

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The biggest hurdle for me is actually sticking to a plan. I've tried weight watchers multiple times but I have a hard time sticking with it. Exercise is also a hurdle. I hate it and find it hard to get motivated!

Following any specific plan: I am currently counting calories. I'm trying to stick to 1500 calories a day which has, surprisingly, been a lot easier than I thought!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
This time I am not only doing it for myself and to look better but also for my health and career. I've lost 4 pounds in a week just by counting calories. I am amazed at how easy it was! It just makes me want to keep on going!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
I've struggled with my weight and self-image ever since I went through puberty at the age of 8. It's been rough but I am determined not to live like this anymore. My self-image and confidence has been completely destroyed by my weight issues. I hope that I will begin to feel better about myself and learn to love myself as I continue to lose weight.
I'm just looking for other people who understand where I'm coming from and what I'm going through. I hope that I will find support here and be able to show some support for all of you as well!
Closed Thread