Pets: Cat

Hobbies/Interests: writing, TV, movies, theatre, getting in shape

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7-14-09

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 137

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion control and mindless eating.

Following any specific plan: Medifast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    I just want the weight off.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Kourteney

Geographical location: Southwest PA (Pittsburgh)

Marital Status: Happily unmarried and co-habitating

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 1 awesome dog who keeps me active, and a kitty who sleeps on the bed at night.

Hobbies/Interests: Expanding my cultural horizons, vegetarian cooking, microbrews, trashy television shows, contemporary art, and meeting new people!

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown & hazel

Starting Date of (most recent) Weightloss Journey: 12 April 2010

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 185 (I think)

Goal Weight: 120-125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Compulsive overeating.

Following any specific plan?: Just counting calories and trying to be more active!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    My mother was diagnosed with diabetes when she was my age, and her mother passed away because of complications with diabetes. I owe it to myself to become more health-conscious.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm actually beginning to crave healthy food; I want to learn Spanish; and GO METS! (I'm a New York girl at heart.)
  • First name: Kelli

Geographical location: Walpole, NH

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: 1 daughter/age 6

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, music, art, anything right-brained.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/21/2010

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love sweets! I will eat great all day, and then eat a giant piece of chocolate. So frustrating!

Following any specific plan: Using FitDay to count calories, and trying to exercise every day (walking at a moderate pace 1-2 miles).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have more incentive. I am getting married in September, and have put on 30 pounds since my fiance and I got together in 2006. I just want to look and feel my best on my wedding day (and remind him why he fell for me in the first place!).

Anything else you would like to share with us: I lost 90 pounds 5 years ago (I went from 245 pounds to 155 pounds). I do not EVER want to get up to that weight again, so I am REALLY motivated to nip this in the bud. I had a friend who I walked with every night back then, and I really miss having that support. I am hoping that this online forum will help me to stay accountable.
  • First name: Alexandra

Geographical location: Los Angeles; London in September

Marital Status: Single

Pets: One dog, terrier mix

Hobbies/Interests: writing, singing, reading, drawing

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Green, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: on/off from 2007; one big push 2009; today, 4/21/2010, for good this time.

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 205

Goal Weight: 150ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: overeater, emotional eater, picky eater

Following any specific plan: counting calories; eat less and move more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have surgery coming up and graduate school coming up in London, and I don't want to go to London and look for an internship the way I look now.
  • First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status: Seperated

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Exercising, Dancing, Music

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/1/2010

Starting Weight: 293

Present Weight: 258

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not getting discouraged. I have now 100lbs to lose and sometimes it seems like its gonna take forever and I will never get to my goal. But I have to not think like that.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am tired of being fat and I have a few medical problems that arised when I started gaining all of this weight. My husband and I have recently seperated and I want to feel confident and love myself again.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to ride a rollercoaster again. lol. And dance all night long without feeling winded.
  • First name: Leona
    Geographical location: Jacksonville, Florida

Children/Ages: NONE

Pets: I have a Yorkie named Sophia

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September of 2009, however due to a car accident had to stop until February of 2010 when the doctor released me to work out again

Starting Weight: 300

Present Weight: 289

Goal Weight: 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Going out to eat because it is easier

Following any specific plan: I am doing WW and I work out with a personal trainer 3x a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I am doing it for me, and not because I feel pressure from others around me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I an outgoing person who loves life.
  • First name:

Geographical location: Timisoara, Romania-> Europe

Marital Status: living together for the last 5 years, but he moved to Canada in July 2009, I'll get there too by the end of the year, so it's long distance for the moment...

Children/Ages: NONE

Occupation: Customer Care Representative, but exactly today I picked up my IT engineer diploma, from the university, so that will change soon

Pets: None, but I foster the pets of my friends when they are out of town, these days I have a cat named Otto and it's a sweetie.

Hobbies/Interests: crocheting, philosophy

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: long time ago... since I was 14 y/o I've been on and off...

Starting Weight: 244... the highest in march 2008

Present Weight: 224

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cooking, staying active, watching portion sizes...

Following any specific plan: Counting calories and I will begin swimming and jogging

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've learned from the past mistakes, now I know that the key is not giving up...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I wanna live life to the fullest.
  • First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Detroit, MI

Marital Status: living with boyfriend

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 cat, Miss Kitka

Hobbies/Interests: I belly dance, paint, love reading and movies.

Height: 5 ft 6 inches

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today 4/26/2010

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight: To begin 150, then 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My boyfriend's constant need to bake cupcakes

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I will be dieting while maintaining a completely different lifestyle than my past weightloss journeys, and it will be much tougher.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name:Brittany

Geographical location: North New Jersey

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 2 lap dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, Sports, Photography, Traveling, Movies, Meeting New People and Exercising.

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde Hair, Hazel Eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It's been years, but started seriously- 4/25/10

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 182

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not emotionally/mindlessly eating and portion control.

Following any specific plan: Exercise and Smaller Portions.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My career is pending on it! I am tired of trying half-heartedly and being afraid to fail!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm in need of a support group, a group of people that will give me the honest reality checks I need.
  • First name: Dana

Geographical location: Phoenix

Marital Status: Single.

Pets: One English Bulldog.

Hobbies/Interests: makeup, going to the gym, boating

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: blue/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 2009

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 204.5

Goal Weight: 140-150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The weekends.

Following any specific plan: low fat low calorie low carb diet, under 500-1000 calories per day, and regular exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually stuck with it

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm currently smaller than I was when I graduated high school!
  • First name: Erica

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: Single.

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: movies, music, reading, traveling, friends

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2010

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 244

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Just moved to a new city for a job alone, hate cooking for one and stressed with work 6 out of 7 days of the week so I have turned into a fast food junkie (which is easily avail on my drive home )

Following any specific plan: portion control, cutting out fast food and c25k

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I justed turned 24 and realized where I've gotten myself... I don't want to be 25 in a year and still weigh 250 pounds. Time to do this for me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to get back on track
  • First name: Prefer not to mention

Geographical location: Chicago, IL

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: reading, music, writing, films, traveling

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January, 2010

Starting Weight: 148

Present Weight: 126

Goal Weight: 120 (or maybe a bit lower)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional or boredom-related overeating, trying to fit exercise into my day

Following any specific plan: counting calories and keeping track of fitness on SparkPeople

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I've made a concerted and systematic effort to lose weight, where I'm tracking calories and weighing myself regularly. I've always left it up to my intuition, but this time, I got scientific and disciplined about it. I'm tired of my body not being what I want, and have finally got it through my noggin that I can control that!
  • First name: RuthAnn

Geographical location: SC

Marital Status: married (10/06)

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets:3 year old shih tzu, 8 month old boston terrier

Hobbies/Interests: i watch way too much tv, i used to be very active, danced thru middle and highschool... i loved that

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this last one was when i signed up here, april 2010. i've been "fed up" many MANY times ... but i am NOT falling back this time

Starting Weight: highest weight 213

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my confidence... it was so far down, but my husband keeps supporting me. also, we were eating out A LOT...and that has to stop.

Following any specific plan: portion control, watch the sugar, move, move, MOVE

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i am determined to be happy with myself again

Anything else you would like to share with us: so new to this site... help!
  • First name: April

Geographical location: Southampton, NY

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Tula- collie mix
    Spanky - dachshund
    Dill - poodle mix
    Gizmo- cat

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: reddish/brown hair
    brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/2010

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: pushing myself far enough when i excersize

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: focusing on being healthy instead of skinny
  • First name: Jessica

Geographical location: San Diego, CA USA

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: Kaylee/4

Pets: 2 dogs, buster and bunny

Hobbies/Interests: I like to collect pez.. kinda nerdy, but its ok. it suits me well

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/dirty blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/13/2010

Starting Weight: 178lb

Present Weight: 174lb

Goal Weight: 130lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress!.. and correctly calculating how many calories I consume vs. spend daily

Following any specific plan: just trying to move more and eat less

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My mind set. I'm 100% ready.

Anything else you would like to share with us: not really. But I sure am glad to be here!