Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

cheerios - i wish i could even remember being in the 180s...it's like a very fuzzy dream. lol

KDM - way to go on figuring out how to exercise no matter what. putting a bike in front of the tv is a fantastic idea! with that approach, getting to the 170s by New Years is totally realistic.

So I was 197 this morning! It feels like my weight loss has slowed, but I'm not too worried about it. I know I'm doing my exercising like I should, so even if it's not showing on the scale, I know I'm strengthening and getting healthier. At least this is what I keep telling myself...

On top of my weightloss goals, I also have an exercise goal - I'm registered to run my first 5k on April 11! I'm SUPER excited...I never thought I'd run unless someone was chasing me with weapons. So that's what I'm working on at the gym...and I'm getting better. I was able to run half a mile last week with no trouble at all. Next goal: a mile. I just have to be ready for about 3.1 miles by April! Whew, we'll see.

Oh and Paradoxx...the 5k is local for us - and I totally think you should run it with me...just sayin'...

Last edited by angee phalangee; 11-15-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

KDM I think I may just start looking on craigslist for exercise stuff! haha. I'm all about dreaming big! I am also not going home for the big dinner and I am glad. My mom is too good of a cook for me to not have seconds and then dessert!

Angee I am kind of scared to actually sign up when I haven't even started training because of my ankle. :| I am a little envious of your confidence!

So after my first post I just stopped posting. lol Sorry. I have had a lot going on. On top of daily tasks I got the lovely task of going to the Dr. everyday to get my blood pressure checked. It was high and they wanted to see if it was because of the altitude or if it was a fluke. Sure enough it was elevated all the days. So now at the follow up I am going to assume that they will put me on meds, which I do not want to happen. I have upped my exercise and went super clean on eating. Any tips?! Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #18  

Lackie - I decided that if I had already paid my registration fee and had a solid date to shoot for, then it would be all the more motivation to try as hard as I can. It really does help me to have that solid goal in mind even if I'm sometimes unsure I'll get there.

I also had high blood pressure before I started losing weight, and it's now absolutely normal every time I check - no medicine. My doctor agreed to give me time to lower it myself, because like you, I did NOT want to go on meds. So, I'll tell you his suggestions, but heads up - they're all kind of like...well, duh! But still, I just followed these things, and my blood pressure was normal in 2 months: lose weight (yeah, big surprise, I know), limit salt as much as humanly possible, eat as many fresh fruits and veggies as humanly possibly, limit saturated fat, and walk/jog/run. The only tip I have that may not be quite as predictable is trying yoga. Not only is it toted as the ultimate stress reliever (which definitely helps blood pressure), but it also balances and strengthens your core, which is all around healthy. That's all you can do - it takes time, but mine went back to normal finally, and hopefully yours will, too!

Last edited by angee phalangee; 11-15-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #19  

Thanks Angee! I hope my doc will give me time too. I wanted to try out yoga classes on post since they are super cheap, but I'm a wuss! haha Also I think that it's during when I go to school. I do water aerobics, but I guess I will suck it up and try it once. Only two months? I can deal with that. How much weight did you lose before it started to be normal? Mine is 138-143/97-101 Do you mind if you share yours? If not I totally understand!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #20  

The highest I ever saw mine was 139/95. I started out at 250, and it took me until around 210 to have a normal BP. Everybody's different, though...I think it has more to do with exercise and diet than weight really. But if you can make yourelf try yoga, that might do a world of good...ya never know.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Oh hey! I'll join in this thread here! I'm pushing to get out of here. I'm no good at weekends, but learning to do better... anyway, I'd like to see myself down to 189 in the next 2 or so weeks!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #22  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angee phalangee View Post

On top of my weightloss goals, I also have an exercise goal - I'm registered to run my first 5k on April 11! I'm SUPER excited...I never thought I'd run unless someone was chasing me with weapons. So that's what I'm working on at the gym...and I'm getting better. I was able to run half a mile last week with no trouble at all. Next goal: a mile. I just have to be ready for about 3.1 miles by April! Whew, we'll see.

Oh and Paradoxx...the 5k is local for us - and I totally think you should run it with me...just sayin'...
Hmmmmm... That could be doable! Which one are you running?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:07 AM   #23  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

I hope that everyone is doing well! Today was the first day that I managed to work out since the illness set in and I'm glad to be back. I only managed to work out for twenty minutes today, but hopefully I'll be back to speed soon.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #24  

I am going to kick up my exercising and I found a free Yoga class, but it's Yoga Basics. Not sure what the difference is, but I am going to check it out. I have no excuses now. What all should I bring? I planned on bringing a mat and water.

I hope everyone is doing well also! I am doing alright, but ate 3 small banana muffins last night. EEK. no good.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #25  

paradoxx - it's the hogeye marathon that starts on the square in fayetteville. of course, i will not be participating in the marathon...i think 5k is more than enough to handle for now. lol

lackie - i would think yoga basics is just standard beginner's yoga...probably perfect for you. sometimes they provide mats and sometimes they don't, so i think just bringing a mat and water should be enough!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #26  

Paradoxx- Your avatar picture is so beautiful! Is that a costume or just regular dress style? Either way, I love it.

I've done great on my calorie intake today. I have enough left over that I can have a snack before bed and be nice and satisfied and not super ravenous in the morning. Pretty exciting when I have days like this. I've also discovered 2 new ways to make lentils edible. One way is salsa, and the other is spaghetti sauce. SO more motivation to eat well.

I'm going to do some dancin' now when I get offline! Gotta try out my new DVD and then practice for class.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #27  

Hey, congrats on figuring out how to make lentils edible...I have yet to do the same. They sound edible in theory...really, they do...but I just can't like them. I did however eat a 3-bean salad with my dinner...sooo, that's as good as lentils, right? Right...lol
Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #28  

YAY! I am actually excited to go to class next week! I cannot go tomorrow as I have a dr's appt. I plan on bringing a mat just in case. Also what do you wear? Like I plan on wearing some not comfy pants, but they are like champion meshish, sports bras, and a t-shirt. lol
Old 11-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #29  

I wear yoga pants, because they're so flexible and comfy. I would just recommend wearing pants that you can move and flex in as comfortably as you could nakie. haha. and any kind of t-shirt or comfy sports bra should be fine...it's really only the pants that make much of a difference.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #30  

I actually am fond of lentils just plain. I've come along to eating my oatmeal plain too, which is good good good. I'll even eat it plain and cold now! I'm strange. Yeah... But I overcooked the lentils this time so they are a bit dry... had to do SOMETHING to them to make them edible. Quite exciting truly. 3 bean salad is good too! Anything with some kind of bean or veggie is good.

I think I've got my healthy foods in line pretty well now after a few months, but I just need to be motivated to keep exercising. The dancing is working really well right now. I just danced for an hour. The workout DVDs help me too, that way I have something to go along with, and the having multiple workout DVDs is great as well, that way I can switch them up daily and not get bored.

I hope I'll be out of 190s soon!
Closed Thread