Old 08-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default ~*~*~*~*Weekly Chat - August 16 - 22~*~*~*~*~

Hello Ladies! I have returned from the west coast in one piece (and possibly a few pounds heavier, I'll see tomorrow).

The trip was good - I just realized that my friend Jen and I, while I love her and she's one of my best friends in the whole world, are not compatible traveling companions. I like to see the sites (no matter how touristy they may be) and walk everywhere, where she does NOT like to do anything mildly touristy and likes to take cabs everywhere.
Example - I wanted to take a cable car. I was in San Francisco! Its what you do! And she wasn't too keen on it, but we hopped on, and then, well, it ran out of power. The dude was saying, okay you can take shuttle buses, but honestly, I could SEE our destination. She jumped out and hailed a cab and jumped right in it, and was like "well, we tried - we can just cab it everywhere, I'll pay." The money isn't the point (well, not the major one) - I wanted to ride on a cable car! Trolley cars were out after that, the line was too long and she said she didn't want to look like a tourist. She comes from money, and I do not, so I'm just going to chalk it up to different ways of growing up.

The trip was pretty nice though. I'm just hoping that I maintained or only gained 1 or 2 lbs. At first I was po'ed at myself that I didn't walk enough, but what was I going to do? Throw her out of the cab? So I'm just not giving myself a hard time about it. Its the past, and now we must move on...

How's everyone else doing?
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I love the touristy stuff too! Even when it is cheesy and over rated, you gotta do some of those things just to say you did them xD

my weekend was awesome. On friday i gave my boyfriend his 8 month anniversary present, which he loved, and he gave me part of mine- Tomb raider underworld on xbox So we played that all night, and then on sat we went and looked for my anniversary present and bought it Then we went to see Cirque du Soleil with my family and my sister and her boyfriend, and it was absolutely incredible Then on sunday my boyfriend and I went to visit some friends and played silly party games involving marshmallows and eye toys.

And now I am just waiting for 4:30 to roll around so i can go pick up my anniversary present, and my cat is playing silly buggers by running down the house, out the cat flap, back up the outside of the house, in the front door, back down the house... xD Attacking things on the way. I thought she ate a bit of foil before and i was chasing her to get it out of her mouth- she went out her flap and dropped it, so i reached through her flap to grab it- she thought it was hilarious and started boxing my arm xD Silly animal

Edit: Oh! And i had an awesome work out this morning. I was supposed to be running but after a year and a half of running i just couldnt face 45mins of it, esp since the last runs i did were so lackluster its not even funny. So i did 15 of cycling, 15 of cross training/elliptical, and 10mins of running. It was a much harder work out than a half hearted run

Edit edit: congrats Shelly on the dates! Sounds like its all going peachy Exciting

Edit edit edit: I also decided to stop weighing myself daily, and go back to weekly. Because otherwise i am going to go seriously crazy

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 08-17-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

stellarosa27 I'm glad you had a good trip. I myself do not like to travel with others. I backpacked around Europe by myself for three months, with only a tourbook and my backpacked when I was 19. Everyone I met was shocked that I was by myself, but that way I got to do what I wanted !
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Yeah...I'm going to Seattle next month for work and I think I'm going to stay the weekend. I've been to Seattle before and done some stuff, but I want to go whale watching and see some orcas.

I'm only up 2 lbs. Hopefully they'll be gone by the end of the week
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #5  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

hey ladies!

yay shelly for date #2

jennirose-i'm glad the trip was well and it's only 2lbs, that's super impressive

icon-happy anniversary! sounds like it was a great time!!

as for me, the boy i mentioned earlier that i had a date with on saturday, i actually met up with again yesterday. he had gotten into a car crash and his car was totalled and he had no idea what to do insurance wise, and since i've been there before, i went over to help him out...and it turned into a super-cute date. thinking about it, he totally could have done it all on his own and probably just wanted me to come over, but i'm not arguing.

on the exercise front i'm not doing too fantastic. i'm not slacking, but i was planning on going hardcore to knock of a few lbs quickly before labor day...that's not gonna happen. regardless, i've been under 160 for almost 2 weeks now, which is the longest i've seen that weight since high school, so i'm content.

hoping everyone has a happy monday!!!
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #6  

Height: 6'1

stella- the touristy stuff is fun. Thats a bummer about your friend being a downer at times. Its funny, I live in CA and I still want to go to San Fran every now and then and do that kind of stuff. Your 2 lbs will be gone in no time I'm sure.

iconized ghost- sounds like you had a fun weekend. I love celebrating anniversarys too. Do you know what you are getting yet? And about the daily weigh ins, yea I should stop doing that too. I can get really stressed out otherwise.

amyleigh- Aww sounds like things are moving nicely between you and the boy. Yay for being under 160, you will be at goal in no time.

My weekend was fun. I went out to visit my boyfriend's family and my parents came down Saturday afternoon for the bbq. We had to drive a lot though because their house is so far away. I did really good eating wise and even got a gym trip in before we left yesterday. I was down 1 lb, which I'm stoked about because I have been at a standstill for over a week.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #7  
It's the final countdown!

S/C/G: 181/150.2/125

Height: 5'3

I had a long weekend, but ... thankfully, managed to continue LOSING! Our friends got married in April & waited to have a reception until August. They've got two children (one from his previous marriage) & wanted their youngest to be able to stay overnight elsewhere so they could enjoy themselves. We had a really good time but we didn't get home until almost 4:15 a.m. This is about the time my husband usually gets up for work ... sooooo, he was tired yesterday. But we had such a good time!

Saturday I did this crazy workout DVD that I picked up for $1 at Wal-Mart. I'm STILL sore, but it was awesome. Oh, & at the reception I danced & danced & danced ... so, we'll call that a workout too.

Stellarosa - I'd do all that touristy stuff too! & LOVE going places where you have the option to walk, walk, walk. Hopefully you'll be able to see more/do more in Seattle.

Amyleigh - Super cute about the boy!

Shasha - congrats on being down 1 lb! Bbq's are fun - my favorite part of summer.
KEmery08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #8  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Group thought time!!

So this weekend I went to our university in our town. It was move in day and as apart of an outreach thing for our church we helped the students move in. Needless to say I never want to see another flight of stairs again. Anywho, I am still sore my calves are ache when I walk shoulders are a little sore too.

I want to go and walk tonight, I usually do about 2.5 miles in about 40 minutes. I also have to be able to play softball on thursday and probably have a practice between now and then.

To walk or not to walk that is the question.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Mine was pretty good, went and spent Saturday night with my boo. Good times good times. I *think* I may be up a couple pounds, but oh well, I can never refuse my mans Jamaican cooking mmmmm. I'll weigh myself tomorrow I'm getting serious this week, with my walking routine. No time to waste, Jamaica trip in less than 5 months now. It's SOOOO darn hot and humid here right now...Ugh!

Last edited by luvja; 08-17-2009 at 02:31 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha17a View Post

iconized ghost- sounds like you had a fun weekend. I love celebrating anniversarys too. Do you know what you are getting yet? And about the daily weigh ins, yea I should stop doing that too. I can get really stressed out otherwise.
I started weighing in daily when i plateaued to try and make myself more accountable, it didnt help so im stopping xD

I got a cherry red ibanez gio SZ120CA
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #11  

Good morning chicks
Old 08-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #12  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

morning, luvja! hope all is going well for you today

omgoodness ladies, i'm getting myself into trouble. i know most of you were here a few months ago when i was a hot mess because my ex of almost 3 years and i broke up, and i decided it was best for me not to date for a while. well i changed my mind and joined pof assuming that i would keep it all very surface level. i even said i was only interested in friends...and then this boy came along. i am falling so deeply in like with him and i can't control it. arrgh. the worst part is he's talking to another girl that he says he doesn't feel as deeply towards as me, but he wants to meet up with her to be certain that the connection isn't stronger. i completely respect that, specifically since we are by no means in a relationship and i'm all for dating multiple people at once...but this time it's different. the little green jealousy monster pops out and i don't know why. at first i thought it was because this chick is like 5'9, a size 0, blond, blue eyes, the whole super model thing...and me being 5'3, 158, and a size 12 didn't think i could compete, until i realized that was the same bs i've been hiding behind my whole life and convincing myself that THAT is the reason guys don't like me...he even told me he thought i was prettier than her (swoon hehe). anyway, i'm going super crazy cuz i've only been talking to him for 2 weeks and we only went out on 2 dates, but i'm falling faster than i ever have before, and he said the same...but yet there's still this other girl. i don't know what to do.

ugh, sorry, thanks for listening to me rant. on an exercise front, i ran yesterday and actually enjoyed it again. go figure. today is dancing with the stars home video because i DO NOT want to battle that heat...and i want to see maksim and his little hip wiggle haha.

hope all is well!!!!
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #13  

amyleigh - I wouldn't worry about it too much. It sounds like this guy is really down for you. He probably just wants to make sure (Hey, maybe their date will go horrible) If it's supposed to happen between you and him, it will. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Last edited by luvja; 08-18-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #14  

Wooo! I looked in the mirror as I was blow drying my hair this morning, and I couldn't believe that I seen - I don't look sickly OBESE anymore. I don't know, maybe it was what I'm wearing, but I am very impressed! I grabbed my cell phone and snapped a picture to share with you ladies

Me at 305 lbs -

Me at 241 lbs -
Old 08-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #15  
I will do this.

You are so pretty, honey! Look at those curves!

You are gonna drive those men crazy when you go back in January!

I just can't believe that picture of your face...two different people!

Congrats on your success.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote