Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Getting tired of the same ol'.

Does anyone here ever get sick of eating something they normally love, just out of no where? Or have too much of a good thing? For instance, I stocked my fridge with tons of spinach, grape tomatoes, and apples and was so gun-ho last night with the thought of having a salad for lunch everyday for the rest of this week. Well when waking up today, just the thought of a nice spinach salad for lunch makes me gag and oddly enough, I normally love eating salad. Now I know my body isn't craving any different kind of nutrients for the pure fact that I've been eating a lot of carbs lately and really NEED to eat more veggies and protein. I get upset because I feel as though I ran out of options of food I like that is also good for me at the same time. Has this happened to anyone?

Last edited by rblace87; 07-29-2009 at 09:46 AM.
rblace87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

That happens to me often. I will get into a food rut with something that I really love and then, all of the sudden, I can barely stand it. I have found that I really have to shake it up and add some variety to my daily food or I will get bored and fall off of the wagon. In terms of finding new things to eat, when I get bored, I pull out healthy cookbooks or think of other healthy things to eat that I can add to my diet. Good luck!
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'6"

This is definitely definitely happening to me right now! I'm always opening and closing opening and closing cupboards and the fridge, whining to myself that "there's nothing to eat". Well, there is stuff to eat, I'm just sick of it. Like Jell-O, yogurt, turkey, apples, beans, and chicken. It feels like the same old stuff every day.

To be honest, it may just be laziness (at least in my case). I have cookbooks (and you should get some too if you don't already have any), and I know I need to just go to the grocery store and go shopping for new recipes.

Hey, maybe we could switch out our typical diets, like winter and summer wardrobes. Just get all new stuff! Buy produce with the seasons. Etc.
sakurasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #4  
I will do this.

I am right there with ya, girls.

I tired london broil for the first time the other night.

It was great - marinated in red wine and garlic cloves for 24 hours and then broiled on hi for 30 minutes and flipped very 5-8 minutes. DONE.

I got it from my Weight Watchers cookbook - and although I am not on weight watchers - it was great and a change I needed.

I know it is going to be a lot of work but the boy and I are going to *try* to try a new meal every week.

OH OH and then another we tried was boneless, skinless chicken thighs marinaded in orange juice and dijon mustard - then rolled in whole wheat bread crumbs - cooked on 350 until done (about 30 - 40 minutes)

Maybe a thread is in order?
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Perhaps

Another thing I do with chicken or turkey breast is pour salsa over it, a little bit of garlic and bake at 350 for 15 minutes (wrapped in foil) - it comes out SO tender and to change things up you can just change the spices you use.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5"

Laziness is definitely a huge factor for me. I don't cook. Never have. I'm more or less scared as well as lazy to cook so I usually look for food that's convenient, which in reality just limits my options. I'm a sandwich kind of person but that is even starting to get boring to me. Some days, I get so fed up with trying to figure out what to eat (or more so what I WANT to eat) that I almost feel like giving up food all together but as we all know that's not possible nor logical. It's just such a frustrating case with me sometimes. I guess I should just stop being lazy and get more variety in my life as far as food goes.
rblace87 is offline   Reply With Quote