Old 06-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #1  
Newmala

S/C/G: 193/170/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Fell off track, but i'm back, and don't even know where to begin

A year and a half ago I really got into losing weight, and I was very successful, and I never felt better in my life. But now, the weight is back, and I have no motivation. My weight plagues me everyday, and I feel hopeless. It seems like there is something always on TV about weight loss, or on the radio, or a billboard. It's everywhere.

I am engaged now and recently moved to a different state to be with my fiance. He can eat ANYTHING, all the time, and he is so thin. His whole family is this way, so I feel very uncomfortable around them. It's hard to eat healthy when our fridge is full of foods that he loves (well, i love them too).

So.. i guess any help would be good. How do i get started? Do i talk to him about it? (he doesnt know my weight bothers me, and he loves me for ME)

You guys are so wonderful, and were the reason i was so successful last time!
Newmala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

who does the cooking and the grocery shopping in your house? if it's you, talk to your fiance, explain how you are feeling, and that you are going to start shopping and cooking healthier foods, and that you would love his support.

if it's him, ask if you can help, as you are trying to get healthier. and just because he's skinny, doesn't mean he's healthy. it would be good for both of you to have nutritionally balanced, lower calorie meals!

good luck!!!!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I think you should talk to him about it- you're getting engaged, so this is a partnership right? Its a lot easier to do if the person/people you are living with know what you are doing and will hopefully think of you before eating those chips/chocolate/ice cream

Get started with small steps. Gradually decrease the junk food and increase healthy foods. Start exercising, ease yourself into it. Remember the things you enjoyed doing last time and maybe take them up again

Good luck!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the other girls. Talking to your guy is ALWAYS a good way to go. If he knows how you feel he's more likely to wind up being supportive, instead of unintentionally hindering your weight loss efforts.

My vote to get started is to take things one step at a time.
Make yourself a list of proactive things that you're going to do TODAY. Just today. Don't worry about tomorrow yet, not until it's really looming.
What can you do today to aid in your weight loss efforts? Make yourself a list of healthy meals that you're going to eat today... and JUST for today, not stray at all? Go for a jog? Throw out that half-empty bag of chips that you know is going to tempt you at a later date? Or maybe just browse the Goal Pictures album here on 3FC for inspiration?

Here, Meredith (Star2Be) always inspires me:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170166

Good luck honey, let's kick some *** together!

Last edited by Jelbb; 06-17-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/221/150

Height: 5'7"

I find that starting with exercise first helps me a lot. Usually when you start focusing on that, you realize how strong you are and that slowly helps you start making better food choices and walking away from foods that aren't part of your plan. Plus, when you get your butt kicked working out, it's hard(er) to eat crappy foods. Hope this helps! :-)
LadyPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote